God daughters present.

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 am
Location: Grange over sands
Contact:

God daughters present.

Postby gregors666 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:17 am

I have been given the honour of becoming one of my best mates new daughters godfather, with the christening being soon after Bloodstock.
Of course, i will be getting her a present to keep forever. I was thinking of maybe picking something up at the festival. People have told me that a piece of jewelry or some sort of box to keep things in are quite regularly bought as christening gifts.
Im thinking of giving my gift a bit of a metal twist to instill the metal ethos early.
Any ideas?
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

User avatar
Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Re: God daughters present.

Postby Korthkor » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 am

gregors666 wrote:Im thinking of giving my gift a bit of a metal twist to instill the metal ethos early.
Any ideas?


You could start by telling your mate it's wrong to force a baby into a cult long before they can make their own informed decisions on what they want to believe in life? Food for thought.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: God daughters present.

Postby JPMC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 am

Yep.

If the Alchemy Gothic stall is there, get a Chaos Star pendant. I have a couple and most often wear them when playing live with my band. It's just part of the whole stage dress up type stuff. I don't mean leathers and bandanas haha. Er, back to the point.

I have spotted a few metal titans wearing the chaos star in my time as a metalhead. Ihsahn in some early Emperor photos for one. And it forms the basis of the Sepultura Sepultribe logo designed by Igor Cavalera.

So it's something that is a little different but deeply rooted in metal. She may not appreciate it if she's only a baby, but in time who knows?

Or get a nice Bloodstock hat from the stall...

JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: God daughters present.

Postby JPMC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:33 am

Korthkor wrote:
gregors666 wrote:Im thinking of giving my gift a bit of a metal twist to instill the metal ethos early.
Any ideas?


You could start by telling your mate it's wrong to force a baby into a cult long before they can make their own informed decisions on what they want to believe in life? Food for thought.


This is how you make not friends anymore... If they want to christen their kid, it's up to them.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: God daughters present.

Postby Jobdone » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:56 am

JPMC wrote:
Korthkor wrote:
gregors666 wrote:Im thinking of giving my gift a bit of a metal twist to instill the metal ethos early.
Any ideas?


You could start by telling your mate it's wrong to force a baby into a cult long before they can make their own informed decisions on what they want to believe in life? Food for thought.


This is how you make not friends anymore... If they want to christen their kid, it's up to them.


Yeah init. Up to them

Plus, me and my brother are christened, but neither of us are in any way religious and our parents never took us to church. Just a nice little thing for the family to go "Look new baby"
Image

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: God daughters present.

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:18 pm

JPMC wrote:Yep.

If the Alchemy Gothic stall is there, get a Chaos Star pendant. I have a couple and most often wear them when playing live with my band. It's just part of the whole stage dress up type stuff. I don't mean leathers and bandanas haha. Er, back to the point.

I have spotted a few metal titans wearing the chaos star in my time as a metalhead. Ihsahn in some early Emperor photos for one. And it forms the basis of the Sepultura Sepultribe logo designed by Igor Cavalera.

So it's something that is a little different but deeply rooted in metal. She may not appreciate it if she's only a baby, but in time who knows?

Or get a nice Bloodstock hat from the stall...


I like this idea, Alchemy do some nice bits.

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: God daughters present.

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:49 pm

There's a guy at the festival that sells drinking horns, jewellery and all sorts of interesting stuff themed around viking mythology.

I think something like a christening gift needs to go the extra mile, you need to give her something that will actually mean something.

With that in mind, I have two suggestions of gifts you can buy from this stall - although they are rather simple.

1) Buy something themed around her birth month or year, like a pendant with a month on it, or something mythological that is to do with this time of year.
2) Ask the guy at the stall if he can carve or engrave something for you, get her name written in runes on a piece of horn or wood. It can make a nice pendant or something she can hang in her room.

gregors666
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 am
Location: Grange over sands
Contact:

Re: God daughters present.

Postby gregors666 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:There's a guy at the festival that sells drinking horns, jewellery and all sorts of interesting stuff themed around viking mythology.

I think something like a christening gift needs to go the extra mile, you need to give her something that will actually mean something.

With that in mind, I have two suggestions of gifts you can buy from this stall - although they are rather simple.

1) Buy something themed around her birth month or year, like a pendant with a month on it, or something mythological that is to do with this time of year.
2) Ask the guy at the stall if he can carve or engrave something for you, get her name written in runes on a piece of horn or wood. It can make a nice pendant or something she can hang in her room.

This is a fantastic idea. thanks for the heads up.
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.