So Venom.....

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: So Venom.....

Postby Tet » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:14 pm

jwh20 wrote:Powerwolf are everywhere now. I've seen them three times due to festivals and I'd rather drink a bucket of warm sick than see them again. And as they headline everywhere else (somehow) I don't think they'd come for that kind of a slot.

They've played the UK precisely twice (and were fantastic both times). I hardly think that counts as being "everywhere". They've graduated from The Underworld (a 500 capactiy venue) last time around to Islington Academy (800 cap) in a few weeks. I think they'd be quite happy playing to many thousands on the main stage at Bloodstock, even if it's not one of the later slots.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffkitten
Leather Rebel

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:32 pm

Soze wrote:I always enjoy musing over this

FRIDAY

Blind Guardian
Behemoth
Venom
Testament

Testament before Venom? Not my idea of fun.

SATURDAY

Mastodon
Ghost

That'll be Saturday night wasted and overrun by hipsters then. :(
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:58 pm

No way are Ghost big enough to sub headline. Wouldn't have thought Satyricon were small enough to go on fourth either.

I'm very interested to see who we get next year. It's hard to know where the smart money is for headliners now that Trivium have played. Priest are maybe on of the most likely, but other than that it's hard to know. Which means we'll probably just get loads of repeats again.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:05 pm

After that gonk from Mastodon's "I fucking hate heavy metal and I don't want to be in a heavy metal band" rant earlier this year they can fuck off and stay at Reading/Leeds to be wanked over by self-congratulatory, Guardian reading tosspots who genuinely think Oasis were the greatest rock 'n' roll band that the UK has ever produced.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Skippy wrote:No way are Ghost big enough to sub headline. Wouldn't have thought Satyricon were small enough to go on fourth either.

I'm very interested to see who we get next year. It's hard to know where the smart money is for headliners now that Trivium have played. Priest are maybe on of the most likely, but other than that it's hard to know. Which means we'll probably just get loads of repeats again.

I disagree, I think Ghost could sub. Have amassed a solid following and are media darlings at the moment (which while not a good thing, from a booking perspective will draw more attention to BOA). Plus one of the few bands I think could straddle the divide between "traditional BOA" (I'm not going into the debate over the definition again) and "mainstream bands" and interest both groups.

That and I like them, so :P

Beardy wrote:After that gonk from Mastodon's "I fucking hate heavy metal and I don't want to be in a heavy metal band" rant earlier this year they can fuck off and stay at Reading/Leeds to be wanked over by self-congratulatory, Guardian reading tosspots who genuinely think Oasis were the greatest rock 'n' roll band that the UK has ever produced.

Admit it, your listening to Champagne Supernova as you type your reply :P

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:43 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Beardy wrote:After that gonk from Mastodon's "I fucking hate heavy metal and I don't want to be in a heavy metal band" rant earlier this year they can fuck off and stay at Reading/Leeds to be wanked over by self-congratulatory, Guardian reading tosspots who genuinely think Oasis were the greatest rock 'n' roll band that the UK has ever produced.

Admit it, your listening to Champagne Supernova as you type your reply :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClcwKgxu2wk

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:18 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Skippy wrote:No way are Ghost big enough to sub headline. Wouldn't have thought Satyricon were small enough to go on fourth either.

I disagree, I think Ghost could sub. Have amassed a solid following and are media darlings at the moment (which while not a good thing, from a booking perspective will draw more attention to BOA). Plus one of the few bands I think could straddle the divide between "traditional BOA" (I'm not going into the debate over the definition again) and "mainstream bands" and interest both groups.

I just dont think they have it in them to sub headline just yet. Your right in that they'd be a bit of a coup, but only if they played lower down (I'm thinking third or fourth). When you look a sub headliner I think of a band with history and Ghost just don't have that yet. They'd probably be better off getting Babymetal if they are gonna go down that route (I like both bands by the way, I just think they aren't yet at the stage to sub).
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 am

Didn't Ghost tour Academy size venues last year? There's quite a buzz about them...I'll be interested to see how high the new album charts. They're a great live band too so I reckon they could pull off a sub slot easy enough. 3 albums in now...this is around the time a band who are going to break big does so!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:30 am

:lol:

Skippy wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I just dont think they have it in them to sub headline just yet. Your right in that they'd be a bit of a coup, but only if they played lower down (I'm thinking third or fourth). When you look a sub headliner I think of a band with history and Ghost just don't have that yet. They'd probably be better off getting Babymetal if they are gonna go down that route (I like both bands by the way, I just think they aren't yet at the stage to sub).

I wouldn't necessarily think every band who subs needs a strong history behind them, yes, they need enough to show they're not just a flash in the pan (which at this point I think Ghost have shown they are not); but 3 albums of strong material is enough to fill an hour slot easily.

Bit of a jump from Ghost to Babymetal though?

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:43 am

Babymetal are headlining Wembley Arena next year.

They'll sub Steel Panther at Bloodstock 2016.

:D
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Dobbydob
Consort of the Beast

Postby Dobbydob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

:rofl: :woo:
http://www.adam-robson.com
Long Live Strongbow Man

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Andy. wrote:Babymetal are headlining Wembley Arena next year.

They'll sub Steel Panther at Bloodstock 2016.

:D

That would be one of the worst things ever to happen at BOA.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:22 pm

I like Babymetal. Just sayin'.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Babymetal would make a decent Sunday headliner I reckon.

Pretty sure playing Wembley puts them at least level with most of the past headliners in terms of selling potential, and they do a really fun show.

Can always put some really grim kvlt band headlining the Sophie stage at the same time to appease any miserable gits with no sense of fun...
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

RB2610 wrote:Babymetal would make a decent Sunday headliner I reckon.

Pretty sure playing Wembley puts them at least level with most of the past headliners in terms of selling potential, and they do a really fun show.

Can always put some really grim kvlt band headlining the Sophie stage at the same time to appease any miserable gits with no sense of fun...

Good idea.

Not Mayhem though. I still haven't managed to catch them yet.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?