So Venom.....

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Impetus
Powermetal Child

Re: So Venom.....

Postby Impetus » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Pretty chuffed with Venom.

On another note, Behemoth have just been confirmed playing The Satanist in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJlsz-wTWE

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:12 pm

What a load of shit. The Satanist is a shit album, why would they play that in full? It isn't even symbolic in any way either..... makes no sense to me.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:19 pm

They're special guests which I suppose is ok. They'll play the album which is about 40 mins then a best of set as a sort of encore my guess is. I quite like the Satanist. Assuming Venom are just playing an ordinary set (45 mins) and Behemoth are special guests, that's a fair announcement.

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm not a big fan of either but I think it's a step in the right direction (as opposed to Within Temptation being this year's first announcement) and I'd definitely be up for watching Behemoth. Just hoping that Venom is a SG slot.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:02 am

Sat in the field hoping for a 'wow' kind of announcement and it ends up being fucking Behemoth again - well that was a massive anti-climax

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:07 am

Blake_Porter wrote:What a load of shit. The Satanist is a shit album, why would they play that in full? It isn't even symbolic in any way either..... makes no sense to me.

Totally disagree - The Satanist is a fantastic album, easily their best. I'm a huge Behemoth fan (been into them for 15 years), and only Satanica and Zos Kia Cultis come close to The Satanist for me. Plus it got glowing reviews everywhere and got them loads of new fans, so if they're playing one album, it makes sense to do that one. Having said that, I'd rather they play a mix of stuff, by BOA next year it'll be nearly 3 years since The Satanist came out, surely they'll have a new album out by then? They'll have already toured The Satanist to death by then, so something else would be preferable.

Venom though :rolleyes: utterly shit shit SHIT band!!! Horrendous sloppy rock n roll, couldn't write a good song if their lives depended on it, terrible booking. Good to know they're not headlining, they're nowhere near big enough, also nowhere near big enough for a special guest slot...the lower down the bill they are the better.

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 am

Behemoth followed by Watain as headliner?

That would do.
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 am

Neither Venom of Behemoth do anything for me personally, but many of my friends from the local metal community where VERY excited.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:22 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Sat in the field hoping for a 'wow' kind of announcement and it ends up being fucking Behemoth again - well that was a massive anti-climax

Yeah. It always feels like their announcements only played last year. Just rather Behemoth than alot of other bands. For example all headliners this year.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:34 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Venom though :rolleyes: utterly shit shit SHIT band!!! Horrendous sloppy rock n roll, couldn't write a good song if their lives depended on it, terrible booking. Good to know they're not headlining, they're nowhere near big enough, also nowhere near big enough for a special guest slot...the lower down the bill they are the better.

Pffft. Behemoth probably wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Venom. One of the most influential bands in the history of underground metal. They wrote more great riffs on one side of a record than Behemoth have in their entire discography.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Soze wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Venom though :rolleyes: utterly shit shit SHIT band!!! Horrendous sloppy rock n roll, couldn't write a good song if their lives depended on it, terrible booking. Good to know they're not headlining, they're nowhere near big enough, also nowhere near big enough for a special guest slot...the lower down the bill they are the better.

Pffft. Behemoth probably wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Venom. One of the most influential bands in the history of underground metal. They wrote more great riffs on one side of a record than Behemoth have in their entire discography.

Testify!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:05 pm

Book Behemoth to play an album in full when they have just finished touring that album (and the set included a lot of the album material) but don't book Venom to play Black Metal or Welcome to Hell in full..... Wonder if someone got their wires crossed somewhere.

Venom are a good booking if they were 3rd, it'll be good to see if I'm there but they won't sell me a ticket.

Behemoth are a bit meh, seen them recently and I imagine the setlist isn't going to be a huge change from what they played when I saw them.

So far nothing to get me to commit but enough to get my interest.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Soze wrote:Reports suggest that Sabaton had a much bigger crowd than Trivium. Hopefully they'll take that on board when they're booking next year's bands!

I would say Sabaton had the biggest crowd of the weekend and out of all the headliners WT had the smallest crowd (at least from my eyes anyway)

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:10 pm

im pretty sure they said Venom was special guest and Behemoth was also announced and possibly as special guest i think......either way Venom and Behemoth are there next year

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Behemoth Friday headliner, Venom are SG but I don't know the day. Everything is subject to change anyway...