So Venom.....

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: So Venom.....

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:55 pm

RB2610 wrote:Babymetal would make a decent Sunday headliner I reckon.

Pretty sure playing Wembley puts them at least level with most of the past headliners in terms of selling potential, and they do a really fun show.

Can always put some really grim kvlt band headlining the Sophie stage at the same time to appease any miserable gits with no sense of fun...

I really like Babymetal, but I have my doubts about them being able to really fill Wembley. Seems a huge leap from the Forum. But as much as I would laugh and enjoy the salt from people if they played BOA, they probably aren't right for it.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:04 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
RB2610 wrote:Babymetal would make a decent Sunday headliner I reckon.

Pretty sure playing Wembley puts them at least level with most of the past headliners in terms of selling potential, and they do a really fun show.

Can always put some really grim kvlt band headlining the Sophie stage at the same time to appease any miserable gits with no sense of fun...

Good idea.

Not Mayhem though. I still haven't managed to catch them yet.

You're not missing much. They were dreadful last time they played BOA

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:Not Mayhem though. I still haven't managed to catch them yet.

You're not missing much. They were dreadful last time they played BOA

Heh. I was talking to their former guitarist after a show in Europe with his other band. I mentioned that Mayhem had got a terrible live reputation, but that I didn't realise how justified it was until I'd seen them at Bloodstock :lol: (FWIW, he wasn't in the band by that point, and took it pretty well).
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 am

Love Venom and Behemoth are pretty good, great start for 2016, was very pleased when I heard the news at the festival. As for headliners Judas Priest would obviously be the best choice, I'd be happy with Slayer too. Steel panther and babymetal can do one though! And Mastadon too after they're little hissy fit. I could see Korn or Alice In Chains headlining. Ghost would easilly be special guest I would of thought. Can see Fear Factory being a sub too which would be awsome!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:55 pm

I like Babymetal but the more I think about it in terms of past headliners they don't really fit in.

Motorhead, Slayer, King Diamond, Megadeth, Babymetal....

Personally I think Wembley will be the peak of their career and it's going to be downhill from there; not bad for a bunch of teenagers though

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:19 pm

To be fair, you are listing the more 'traditional' or 'serious' headliners, if you instead compare them to Europe, Twisted Sister, Within Temptation and Rob Zombie they don't seem as out of place...

They have already been playing bigger and more prestigious for quite some time over in Japan though, they'll probably hold their popularity for another couple of years I reckon.

I think their career will really come down to whether they genuinely enjoy performing metal, or are just doing it because that's what they've been paid to do. If it's the former, who knows, they may well go on to form a less 'gimmicky' band once they're a bit older.
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:17 am

I'd fucking adore a Baby Metal headline, wombo combo of actually wanting to see them, and the delicious salt it would produce from people

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Babymetal will not headline in 2016 :lol:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:05 pm

So Venom.....

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm

I would prefer Venom Inc.......
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I would prefer Venom Inc.......

I probably would too. The gig in London last year was immense. 2/3rds of the original line up instead of 1/3rd too! In a perfect world I'd rather see the original three reform but I think that ship has sailed...