So Venom.....

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Re: So Venom.....

Postby JPMC » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Soze wrote:Pffft. Behemoth probably wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Venom. One of the most influential bands in the history of underground metal. They wrote more great riffs on one side of a record than Behemoth have in their entire discography.

I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Venom "wouldn't be there" without Queen or T. Rex. Freddie Mercury "wouldn't be there" without Little Richard, who wouldn't be there without Rosetta Tharpe and the whole tedious business can carry on and on and on until you either die of boredom or old age.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:01 pm

thehairyone wrote:Behemoth Friday headliner, Venom are SG but I don't know the day. Everything is subject to change anyway...

Neither are headliners

Not massively fussed on either, but I know plenty that are pleased with this
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:24 pm

My reactions were 'whoa, cool!' and 'ehh...' to Venom and Behemoth respectively. Neither of them are enough to guarantee my attendance next year, considering my wedding anniversary and fave BTCC circuit both fall on the same weekend as well... Bloodstock will have to book something spectacular.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:45 pm

I do apologise, it looks like they're both special guests. All headliners up for grabs then. Still looking forward to Behemoth.

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:49 pm

I managed to miss both of these announcements but could not be happier about Venom! Shame I didn't see that on the Friday because my weekend would've been even better :D

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Bloodstock replied to someone's comment on their Facebook page to say that both Venom and Behemoth are playing on the same day so I don't think either of them are headlining.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:06 pm

thehairyone wrote:I do apologise, it looks like they're both special guests. All headliners up for grabs then. Still looking forward to Behemoth.

That's a hell of a lot better then. Blimey Behemoth have gone from 3rd to headliner back to special guests; hopefully means quite a sizeable headliner then :D

strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Postby strangeasangels » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Lets be honest, Behemoth weren't really big enough to headline when they did, never mind now.

Venom were good at Hellfest this year but not in a big rush to see them again.
Plan on doing Brutal Assault next year for a change.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:41 pm

Meh, I'm relatively happy with the announcements. Where Venom will fall, who knows. I feel they might be starting to do an album in entirety on one night, and either doing the supergroup tribute another night or just replacing that.

Either way, it's kinda excited me enough to want to go already. I really enjoyed Behemoths headlining performance. I know that this one isn't going to be as big, but still, I think it will be enjoyable, to me anyway
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:50 pm

strangeasangels wrote:Lets be honest, Behemoth weren't really big enough to headline when they did, never mind now.
I would agree that they weren't big enough in a commercial sense, but they were big in the metal community. Especially considering they pulled out a few years ago due to Nergal's cancer, it was fitting for them to return as headliners.

I don't understand why you say 'they weren't big enough to headline when they did, never mind now' though considering since then they've released one of the most critically acclaimed metal albums ever made and have sky-rocketed in profile and popularity.
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

welshrune
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby welshrune » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Pleased with Venom even better knowing headliners up for grabs. I wonder if one of the few songs they blasted through the main stage speakers between shows, was Judas Priest. Wonder if that has any significance?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... ME.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:04 pm

thehairyone wrote:I do apologise, it looks like they're both special guests.

Nope. Behemoth are special guests. Venom are just a regular booking. Neither do anything for me.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

nihility00
Powermetal Child

Postby nihility00 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Looking forward to it, gives the chance of the younger generations to experience an influential band from beyond their years and let's the old guard relive their youths.

Nih
Don't care.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:34 pm

I've only listened to about 2 albums from Venom, but if they just play Black Metal in its entirety I'll be quite happy.

Been loving Behemoths new album, so I'm quite happy for that one as well.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Jobdone wrote:I've only listened to about 2 albums from Venom, but if they just play Black Metal in its entirety I'll be quite happy.

Been loving Behemoths new album, so I'm quite happy for that one as well.

First three albums. A set from those and it will be banging. Anything more I fear it will be a bit crap.

The Satanist I would happily watch. I just checked the price of early bird tickets and I am happy with that as well. Not been in 5 years, I expected them to be about £150.