So Venom.....

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
beenabadbunny
Definitely Not Nu

Re: So Venom.....

Postby beenabadbunny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:14 pm

pinhead0303 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Don't forget that one of the announcers said look out for the clue about next years headliners. Remember the trailer by the Arms with the big logo on it? :eyes:

I took zero notice of this, anyone got a pic?

VizardAmata wrote:It was the ad for Slayer's new album.

There were lots of big ads up for the new Bodom album as well, does that mean we should be looking out for them to headline again too?

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Funnily enough, I'm figuring on Judas Priest headlining next year, but if not then I think Slayer might be a good shout. It might only be 3 years since last time but with the new album coming out on Nuclear Blast, well, a quarter of the main stage are going to be Nuclear Blast bands...

Surely a bit early for Children of Bodom again, though.

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Postby Hotchilidog » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Good lord there are some curmudgeons on this board. The Satanist is an awesome album. Seeing it played as the sun comes down and the flames go up will be excellent. I'm sold already.

As for Venom, not excited by this announcement but pretty sure they will be enjoyable to watch particularly if the first three albums are the focus of the set, shame it will just be Cronos from the original line-up though.

Bloodstock 2016 off to a decent start I think.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:27 pm

beenabadbunny wrote:
pinhead0303 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Don't forget that one of the announcers said look out for the clue about next years headliners. Remember the trailer by the Arms with the big logo on it? :eyes:

I took zero notice of this, anyone got a pic?

There were lots of big ads up for the new Bodom album as well, does that mean we should be looking out for them to headline again too?

Yes, but the Slayer one was massive and on the Bloodstock trailer as opposed to just being on the wall with the Lamb Of God, Soulfly and Bodom ones.

Not really saying it will be Slayer, just looking for clues and the 2016 rumour thread isn't open yet. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:05 pm

It might be a bit soon for them to return, but it would make sense with the new album. I'm hoping for Priest myself.

beenabadbunny
Definitely Not Nu

Postby beenabadbunny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Are Priest still going to be around in 2016? I'm sure I thought they were retiring. Or was that just KK Downing?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Touring in November/December.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82317

They said a few years ago that they were finishing then changed their minds.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:44 pm

I could live with one night being Slayer headlining and Behemoth and Venom being the special guests; not exactly original or fresh but damn tempting nonetheless.

Also jumping into the "critically acclaimed" argument, does it really bloody matter if someone else highly rates an album? I couldn't give a toss if someone slags or praises an album, doesn't change my opinion of that album. Now I think about it, most times I prefer a less critically acclaimed in a band's discography to their most acclaimed one :lol:

I can't help but think Behemoth are becoming to death metal what Sabaton are to power metal in Bloodstock's eyes; the go to "big" band that'll be tapped to tedium

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:45 pm

I hate both of them and think that if they were annoucing more than one band they probably should have had variety between them. I don't really think Behemoth were worthy of such a big announcement either, I was fully expecting them to be where they are. At least it leaves room for decent headliners, although the fact that they won't announce them is a bit iffy. Still expecting Priest to be announced after their tour.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Priest would be utterly wonderful but have they dropped their asking price enough?
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm not a big Priest fan, thought they were shit first time I saw them, but after seeing them at Wacken this year I would more than welcome them as a headliner.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Skippy wrote:I don't really think Behemoth were worthy of such a big announcement either

Me neither, our whole group was left very underwhelmed by that announcement. Yeah it's kinda "special" because they're playing The Satanist in full, but it was still a cry of "again?!". I wouldn't have thought them screen announcement worthy at all.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:57 pm

If Slayer are announced as headliners then I will probably throw a tantrum.

welshrune
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby welshrune » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Phew.....as I said previously on here one of the very few tracks to be blasted through the main speakers on the weekend was a newish Judas Priest song. As I said before, may be of significance. I am banking on Priest.

Very popular choice, price should be right etc. FFS no way will it be Slayer, far too close to last time, they went do that again...not for a good while anyway.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... ME.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 pm

I'd love it to be Priest.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014