Thank you all from Lawnmower Deth

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
steveness
Powermetal Child

Thank you all from Lawnmower Deth

Postby steveness » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi All..

I just wanted to pop over to this forum to say thanks to everyone who came over to watch us yesterday. That was one of the most bonkers shows we've ever had the privilege of "playing".

After all the years that we have been creaking along we are still humbled by how many of you come over and make fools of yourselves along with us old men and its huge fun !

We never really know what to expect when we walk out on stage, we are nothing without an audience that wants to have fun, and you wonderful lot really wanted to have fun yesterday and that made the 40mins fly by way too quickly!.. really we could have played all night if they had let us.. It might have given Pete's old brain time to realise where he was ! (oops Download faux pas !)

Got to say that the Sophie stage team were staggeringly brilliant this year, they must have been knackered after all the bands they had helped throughout the weekend but they were one hell of a slick team.. and the show sec guys too, it was great to see them helping people over the barriers, shaking hands and generally having a good time with the crowd too..

If anyone fancies joining us for our Xmas party its going to be held at Nottingham Rock City on the 19th December.. some great bands playing with us too including reign of fury who I believe blew Thursday night a new hole !

Thanks again Downl.. erm Bloodstock :rock:

wonko the sane
Lowly Peon

Re: Thank you all from Lawnmower Deth

Postby wonko the sane » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Excellent set. But I worry about people's sense of humour. I watched one guy, after getting a couple of surprise bops on the head by an inflatable ball, pick up his sunglasses, say "Fuck this" and storm out with his arse in his hands.

I mean, it's Lawnmower Deth. What were you expecting ? You're bloody lucky you didn't get mowed down by a crowd surfer in an inflatable boat.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Bloody fantastic as always !!! Even one of the ShowSec guys was so overcome with the giggles (guy with glasses getting them knocked off more than once) that he could not do his job as he was doubled over in hysterics.

Loved the entire madness and see you all again in December !!!
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:58 pm

First time seeing you guys, it was fantastic fun! Will be picking up a shirt once my bank balance has recovered a bit.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 am

wonko the sane wrote:Excellent set. But I worry about people's sense of humour.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. There seemed to be a LOT of people who didn't even know what kind of band Lawnmower Deth are, let alone having herd of you. A lot of people seemed very confused by it all. A lot of people where also pleasantly surprised it seems.

steveness
Powermetal Child

Postby steveness » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:28 am

ha ha.. if it confuses us then I'm not surprised it confuses others !

I spent pretty much the full 40 mins not really knowing what was going on and I think I can safely say the same for the others in the band too.. the day we start to plan things out it will all go horribly wrong :yes:

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:18 pm

A throughly enjoyable 40mins guys, hope to see you again soon.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 pm

First time seeing them, could well be the first of many.

Bonkers brilliance :D
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:37 am

Was a bit torn about walking away from Cannibal Corpse to catch the full set, but I'm very glad I did. One of the best performances of the weekend.