No disabled camp security.

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cockneyjack
Consort of the Beast

No disabled camp security.

Postby cockneyjack » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:25 pm

So I find myself writing about this again................
There was virtually no security in disabled camp again this year. From the entrance from the main path into the camp opposite VIP, my wristband was checked only once the whole weekend. It was worse at the far end where the cars came in where there was no security for the entire festival. This meant it was possible to walk unopposed from the road straight into the camp, (I know, I did it.) All we had was a very few patrols from Showsec a couple of times a night wandering the camp.

Yet again, the most vulnerable people at the festival were the least protected.

Compare this to the entrance to VIP that had a minimum of two Showsec at all times, sometimes more.

Presumably the tickets that those of us in disabled camp includes the price of security in it, just like anyone else and yet we got absolutely no protection. Again.

Not good enough Bloodstock. How many more times?
As my wife says, "If it doesn't sound like a bear being fed into a wood chipper, quite frankly i'm not interested"

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Re: No disabled camp security.

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:30 pm

I found this too. When there was someone on watch at the festival end, he wouldn't make an effort, or would be over talking to the guards on the VIP entrance. I have a good few bugbears to talk about with the disabled camping, but I think it needs to go in a different thread, and I am tired today
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:52 pm

There were so few at Disabled, by Sat vip were using our bogs because nobody was checking wrist bands.....
You should try being dead...

cockneyjack
Consort of the Beast

Postby cockneyjack » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 pm

We saw that too.

Takes the fucking piss.
As my wife says, "If it doesn't sound like a bear being fed into a wood chipper, quite frankly i'm not interested"

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:54 am

Shall stick a summons on for Lee to review this. Make sure info gets passed along.

Might be worth an email to Will, so that he knows some of the issues with VIP at least, as well & he may be able to advise on other.

________
Will Johnson
Serpents Lair VIP Manager

For all things VIP all year round, send your feedback questions or queries to Will.

Email: will@bloodstock.uk.com
_________