Mainstage Sound

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
beenabadbunny
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Mainstage Sound

Postby beenabadbunny » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 am

SamB14 wrote:I bought that cylinder case from a shop online because the case it currently comes with is not simple to use. Never had a problem removing these ones as your not supposed to stick them that far down your ear!

Oh I didn't mean they're hard to remove, just that once you've taken one out it's easy to drop/lose. If they were attached to a cord (as some earplugs are) then you can just leave them hanging round your neck/down the front of your shoulders.

SamB14
Lowly Peon

Postby SamB14 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:09 am

beenabadbunny wrote:
SamB14 wrote:I bought that cylinder case from a shop online because the case it currently comes with is not simple to use. Never had a problem removing these ones as your not supposed to stick them that far down your ear!

Oh I didn't mean they're hard to remove, just that once you've taken one out it's easy to drop/lose. If they were attached to a cord (as some earplugs are) then you can just leave them hanging round your neck/down the front of your shoulders.

Oh right yeah i agree with you there. First time ive lost a pair of them which was annoying. I doubt there was anywhere at the festival selling the alpines either although i did see the crappy foam ones which are terrible for music.

On a seperate note its good to see young kids wearing ear defenders but when i was down the front for bands i saw very few people wearing ear protection. I think there should be more awareness about what loud music can do to your hearing.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Definitely with you there Sam! Sadly, some are either unaware of how damaging it is, or say dumb stuff like "hurrrr stop being a pussy hurrrr".

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:05 am

SamB14 wrote:Oh right yeah i agree with you there. First time ive lost a pair of them which was annoying. I doubt there was anywhere at the festival selling the alpines either although i did see the crappy foam ones which are terrible for music.

I have a pair of ACS Pro 17's imagine how pissed i was when i lost the left plug on Thursday afternoon, not been so pissed off in a long time. Found it again the next day under the benches by the burger van in Valhalla luckily. Really need to remember to always put them back in the pouch after taking them out...or get trousers that don't have shit pockets.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn