Arrest at Bloodstock???

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Arrest at Bloodstock???

Postby Blake_Porter » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Been keeping an eye on the Spotted Bloodstock page and seen something about an arrest at Bloodstock this year.

Curiosity has the better of me tbh :P

Also heard talk of paedophilia and rape!?!?

Wtf was going on this year. Sounds like I chose a good year not to attend.

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Re: Arrest at Bloodstock???

Postby Gremulon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:23 pm

I mentioned it in the Good/Bad/Ugly thread about a guy who assaulted a woman in the arena. He was apprehended by security staff pretty sharpish and they kept him in there. Would have thought the police were called, so perhaps it was that guy?

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Could well be. Sorry, must have overlooked your post in there ha

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:09 pm

No problem :)
Apart from that one incident I didn't see anything apart from people getting drunk and having fun, so I wouldn't say it was a bad year.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:27 pm

I saw that, and if you look at the post about the "Bloodstock rapist", a woman posted and said she and her friend were raped and that the guy was later arrested. I was honestly shocked, I never would have thought something like that would ever happen at BOA.

For me, apart from one cunt who said something pretty hurtful to me, it was friendlier than ever with no sign of any trouble at all.

einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby einherjer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 pm

I didn't see this incident but I hope he was dealt with appropriately.
As for the Rape thing WTF. I hope any perpetrator was caught and again dealt with.
I was annoyed with the Posh Wash brigade in Midgard again this year, especially when they broke my tent.
However the above crimes make that pale in comparison.
There's no place for that in Society never mind Bloodstock. Hope the victims are now all safe and well and get the support they need.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:32 pm

I definitely noticed that there appeared to be a slightly more cuntish vibe this year. There were a few situations, had I not dealt with them peacefully and diplomatically, that could have easily escalated into actual violence and confrontation.

The first incident being this complete prick who kept running back and forward into the pit in the sophie tent. When he was running he literally barged into anybody that stood in his way, luckily for him he decided to sidestep me as he wasn't particularly big and it would have hurt him more. I decided to leave him be as I just put it down to him being a bit overexcited and possibly drunk.

Second incident being these young kids who decided to start chucking half full cans of beer at my tent, after emerging and politely asking them to refrain and move on they did so with no fuss.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Until I read this I didn't notice anything beyond minor annoyances or tolerable but annoying drunken behavior at the festival. I hope for the poor victim's sake they get the help they need and the perpetrator gets the book thrown at them. Okay, at a fest people tend to push the line sometimes which I accept but there's no place for things like this anywhere; it's a place for everyone to get away from everyday life and not have to even consider things like this. B*******

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:33 am

thats sad to hera as the festival on the wjole is a very friendly affair

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 am

I hadn't heard about the rapist. That's really awful. I agree with houston...I think some people tend to think they can do whatever they want in the more relaxed festival atmosphere. I guess being drunk/drugged up only amplifies whatever fucked up thoughts you already have (not an excuse in any situation).

Unfortunately, in my experience, people like this guy won't show any remorse at all. I really hope those poor women are given the help and support they need to deal with something as awful as this. (I also feel for the poor security staff who must have had to attend the situation).

wfcfan1964
Lowly Peon

Postby wfcfan1964 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:05 am

I was sitting by my tent at about lunchtime on saturday and two policemen were taken to a nearby tent. They returned with a young man in handcuffs. He was walking freely and not even being led by the police. I was told by security that his tent mates had reported him but he didnt say what for. Didnt look a major incident such as rape otherwise I am sure more police officers would have attended.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:11 pm

I doubt there was a serious crime such as rape at Bloodstock. It's not been reported anyway. And I guarantee that if there was then it would have been all over the media like it was when someone was raped at Latitude a few years ago and apparently at this years V Festival. Especially seeing as it is a Heavy Metal festival and certain newspapers look for anything to blame on Heavy Metal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 68210.html
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp