BOA room 101

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: BOA room 101

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:11 am

Edit - gone, cos already discussed
Last edited by bloodfiend on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

3 main ones:

Hatebreed - fuck off and die, hardcore is wank and Hatebreed suck a huge scabby cock.

Napalm Death - hideous band, played too many times already

Satyricon - used to be one of my favourite bands, no only play their horrendous new material, I can't bear to see the continued demise of a once awesome band

others I can't include cos we're only allowed 3 - the crappy pub bands the somehow get on the main stage (Beholder, Stormbringer, Malefice, Snakebite, Xerath), The Defiled (don't care if Jaager supports you, you're still crap), anymore shitty hardcore (Pro Pain, Biohazard, etc), Earthtone9 and Raging Speedhorn (why reform? No one cared), Anvil (don't care if your movie's good, you're not), Fozzy (should never have played in the first place)

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

Smerphy wrote:
BStobart wrote:
Skippy wrote:Carcass - I'll put them, but it could easily be Dimmu, Cannibal Corpse, Arch Enemy....Basically any big death metal band (or in Dimmu's case crap black metal) who seem to play here every five seconds but still get high slots at Bloodstock. Waste of a band everyone's seen before.

Carcass? Here every 5 seconds? They played 2009 and 2014, I think that's about it though. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

They also headlined Damnation twice, and did a large UK tour and are about to do another. A lot of bands that play the UK all the time get long Bloodstock sets, like Sabaton.

As much as I love Sabaton, I was very disappointed when they got announced because I've seen them so much lately. In the end they played the set of the weekend for me, but I'd still have much rathered a Helloween or Blind Guardian, who don't play every five minutes. There are too many regularly playing bands who get longer sets at Bloodstock - Trivium, even if you like them, aren't exactly a special headliner, they are over here often enough its hard to care.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Screaminglordzombie
Lowly Peon

Postby Screaminglordzombie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:25 am

Hatebreed
Devin (bored.)
Opeth. (probably just me that thinks this but im really not a fan and the dude i go to boa with every year loves them)

Honorable mentions: Anvil (i liked them the first time i saw them.. but gods were they dire at BOA), municipal waste, Slayer, Bodom, Fozzy (waste of time), Trivium. Grand magus (the band that tour with everyone)

Cannibal and obituary are close to this list..

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:29 am

Beardy wrote:Shining - Probably the worst band I've ever seen play Bloodstock.

Thanks for reminding me. I'd mostly managed to wipe them from my memory, but it's all come flooding back now. Are they the worst band to ever play Bloodstock? They've had some stiff competition for that title over the years, but they're certainly in the running...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

Tet wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. I'd mostly managed to wipe them from my memory, but it's all come flooding back now. Are they the worst band to ever play Bloodstock? They've had some stiff competition for that title over the years, but they're certainly in the running...

I really like Shining, but that wasn't one of their best performance, still wasn't terrible by any means though.

There have been far worse performances - Dark Funeral, Voivod, Grave Digger, Gorgoroth, Sonata Arctica, Uncle Rotter, just to name a few.

einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby einherjer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:56 am

Third time I've tried to post this. Damn you internet! Damn you!

Hard to limit this to 3 but here goes.

Deathstars - Reason should be obvious.

Bal Sagoth - Great on record but boring as hell live.

My Dying Bride - As Bal Sagoth only with a woe is me, tortured soul. Just dreary. Really brought the indoor fest they headlined to a crashing miserable low.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 pm

bloodfiend wrote:There have been far worse performances - Dark Funeral, Voivod, Grave Digger, Gorgoroth, Sonata Arctica, Uncle Rotter, just to name a few.

I agree that Grave Digger and Sonata Arctica both put on substandard performances at Bloodstock, and both have been better when I've seen them elsewhere. But to claim they were worse than Shining? I just have to shake my head in disbelief at that!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Seeing Voivod mentioned by three people makes me want to cry :? :( :o

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Besides King Diamond Voivod is probably the best band I've seen at BOA.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Tet wrote:

I've seen Shining a couple of times now and Bloodstock was easily their worst performance. It was clear that they had had loads of issues with their equipment, and really should not have been put on the mainstage to suffer with the elements. Usually I think they are really tight, but that Bloodstock show was a bit of a mess.
Screaminglordzombie wrote:Opeth. (probably just me that thinks this but im really not a fan and the dude i go to boa with every year loves them)

I like Opeth a lot, but they can be a bit of an on/off band. Sometimes things go well, they play most of their bigger hits, Mikhail is giving off good banter and they are fantastic, other times they play three songs in a row off their newer albums, play no song anyone wants to hear and all just look like noone wants to be there, like they did at this years. It really depends.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Sabaton
Avantasia
Opeth

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:00 pm

garyboyd wrote:Sabaton
Avantasia
Opeth

You're welcome to your obviously incorrect views, but it would nice if you gave some justification!

Dombag
Warrior of Metal

Postby Dombag » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Any and all generic groove bands.
Any and all generic doom bands.
Any and all generic stoner bands.

Ah, I think that settles it. :D
home of metal breakdown http://stbproduction.blogspot.co.uk/

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Smerphy wrote:
BStobart wrote:
Skippy wrote:Carcass - I'll put them, but it could easily be Dimmu, Cannibal Corpse, Arch Enemy....Basically any big death metal band (or in Dimmu's case crap black metal) who seem to play here every five seconds but still get high slots at Bloodstock. Waste of a band everyone's seen before.

Carcass? Here every 5 seconds? They played 2009 and 2014, I think that's about it though. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

They also headlined Damnation twice, and did a large UK tour and are about to do another. A lot of bands that play the UK all the time get long Bloodstock sets, like Sabaton.

Both 5 years apart, although to be fair those were both years before their Bloodstock appearances and they supported Amon Amarth on tour in 2013 but since then, until October this year, they haven't played any UK club shows.
Maybe I'm just in the wrong place as someone who wants to see Carcass. :lol: I haven't had a chance to see them since BOA '14 as Download's overpriced tickets are a no-go and I can't afford to go to mainland European festivals. Ah well, roll on Deathcrusher :D