BOA room 101

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Re: BOA room 101

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Dombag wrote:Any and all generic groove bands.
Any and all generic doom bands.
Any and all generic stoner bands.

Ah, I think that settles it. :D

That'd do nicely.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Devin Townsend - Never saw the attraction myself. Stick to playing to people that actually like you and stop annoying everyone else.

Evil Scarecrow - The joke has worn thin now. Admit it, everyone only knows the one song (and the covers).

Hatebreed - Should never have been booked in the first place. Not even for the fact they are Hardcore, they are just shite.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Within Temptation - Naff and out of place topping a lineup of better bands.

Evil Scarecrow - I get the shits and giggles banter but if the musics shite and the limited chuckle wears thin then it's time to stop creaming over them.

Opeth - Incredibly disappointingly dreary these days and don't seem to be showing any signs of that changing so bugger off to Isle Of Wight festival or V where their current output is more suited.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 pm

1. Vickie

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 am

Blake_Porter wrote:1. Vickie

Vintage Blake_Porter!

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 am

The thread would be incomplete without the obligatory dig from me ;)

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:42 am

Tet wrote:
garyboyd wrote:Sabaton
Avantasia
Opeth

You're welcome to your obviously incorrect views, but it would nice if you gave some justification!

Seeing as you asked so nicely:

Sabaton - I don't like their music or image and they are over here all the time.
Avantasia - embody the worst excesses of the metal genre.
Opeth - played too many times in the UK and are boring live.

Glad you found my views incorrect as I love Raging Speedhorn, Motorhead
and Hatebreed. :)

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

Tricky one-i don't really like these purely negative threads but i spose the three potential mainstage band names that would make me shrug my shoulders the most would be
Devin
Municipal Waste
Lamb Of God
To balance it-the three bands i would most like to see return would be
King Diamond (my favourite Bloodstock performance ever)
Immortal (they were sooo disappointing last time but having seen them before i know they can be AMAZING-i guess this will never happen now with the lineup changes but still...)
Blind Guardian (i didn't go in 2009 and i still haven't seen them-although it's my own fault as i forgot they were on in one of the tents at Graspop a few years back when i decided on an early night!)

patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby patrickransom » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 am

Cradle of Filth
Black Label Society
Trivium

Do I really need to explain myself?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Shining (the jazz lot - just awful noise)
Opeth - mind-numbingly boring
Beholder - enough already.

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 am

Within Temptation, Trivium, Evil Scarecrow (only put them in here cos if you've seen them once thats it... they were good but the joke only works once)

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:00 am

Oh, go on then...

IamI - he's played two times too many already
Machine Head - Fell asleep to. Literally.
Watain - Just.... what?

Special mention - Yer mum.

Rufus Obscurus
Powermetal Child

Postby Rufus Obscurus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

There are very few bands I would wish to veto from ever coming to Bloodstock again, but Raging Speedhorn and Whitechapel would certainly be two. Can't think of another band whose performance I disliked intensely enough at the moment.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:28 am

Skippy wrote:
Tet wrote:Opeth. (probably just me that thinks this but im really not a fan and the dude i go to boa with every year loves them)

I like Opeth a lot, but they can be a bit of an on/off band. Sometimes things go well, they play most of their bigger hits, Mikhail is giving off good banter and they are fantastic, other times they play three songs in a row off their newer albums, play no song anyone wants to hear and all just look like noone wants to be there, like they did at this years. It really depends.

I don't think that's happened for about 4 years (as in since the 2011 Heritage tour). Mikael has openly said he has reached a point where he sees live shows as fundamentally separate from the studio, and as such he is happy to play a range of stuff. On the recent album tour they played 3 off the new album in total, and about 8 other songs, 1 from each other album.

Also to those saying they're boring, I think it's very much due to people not knowing the songs that well in many cases. Back the first couple of times I saw them I kinda agreed about finding them a little boring at times, but after listening to them a bit more thoroughly I started to really enjoy their live shows.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Danroush wrote:
Skippy wrote:
Tet wrote:Opeth. (probably just me that thinks this but im really not a fan and the dude i go to boa with every year loves them)

I like Opeth a lot, but they can be a bit of an on/off band. Sometimes things go well, they play most of their bigger hits, Mikhail is giving off good banter and they are fantastic, other times they play three songs in a row off their newer albums, play no song anyone wants to hear and all just look like noone wants to be there, like they did at this years. It really depends.

I don't think that's happened for about 4 years (as in since the 2011 Heritage tour). Mikael has openly said he has reached a point where he sees live shows as fundamentally separate from the studio, and as such he is happy to play a range of stuff. On the recent album tour they played 3 off the new album in total, and about 8 other songs, 1 from each other album.

Also to those saying they're boring, I think it's very much due to people not knowing the songs that well in many cases. Back the first couple of times I saw them I kinda agreed about finding them a little boring at times, but after listening to them a bit more thoroughly I started to really enjoy their live shows.

I usually love them live, even on the Heritage tour I liked a lot of the older songs they played. Their Bloodstock set was just entirely "miss" for me though. 2 songs off their newest album, 1 of their last one (both of which I hate, although Devil's Orchard is the best song of Heritage). I don't like Deliverance either so couldn't get into the title track, and Heir Apparent is pretty much the worst song off Watershed. Which leaves just Drapery Falls that I really got into. I didn't think they were on form anyway, like I said I don't think they were really into it, but the entire setlist was just miss for me which really let them down.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!