Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Danroush
Denim Demon

Next Announcement Thread

Postby Danroush » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 pm

So, we have our 2016 section now so let's get this thread moving.

Venom and Behemoth so far, pretty happy with that personally, especially Behemoth playing the Satanist in full. I'm guessing a few lighter things in the next announcement perhaps? Probably get it around late September I'm guessing.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:54 am

Bloody hope so. Getting fed up of looking forward to announcements and seeing very little apart from black and death metal.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:08 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Bloody hope so. Getting fed up of looking forward to announcements and seeing very little apart from black and death metal.

Ey? :?
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:08 pm

I have a feeling Marilyn Manson might happen at some point.

Got nothing to back that up with mind, it's just a hunch.

However, if I'm right - Is that a step too far from what the festival is supposed to be?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:25 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:I have a feeling Marilyn Manson might happen at some point.

However, if I'm right - Is that a step too far from what the festival is supposed to be?

That would suck great big hairy donkey's balls and then some.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:01 am

I would have thought he would demand far too much...... Thankfully.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

I don't reckon that Marilyn Manson is much of a draw anymore. They couldn't sell tickets when he was due to headline that Altfest thing. Sold 7,600 for the whole thing according to Wikipedia. A few years ago they would have been selling tens of thousands of tickets just to see him. And I think his demands would be far too much.
Marilyn Manson had received a £100,000 deposit for his scheduled performance, but remained a creditor as he was owed more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-Fest
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:30 am

Oh dear god I hope not I can't stand the guy. I hope BOA don't consider (not only because he's terrible) but because they've already taken a fairly big slot gamble on Venom in terms of demands vs pulling power

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 am

I mean realistically we're looking Korn and MM playing/headlining within the next 2 years, that's judging by the recent booking policy anyway. Unless they suddenly switch back to booking real metal headliners, they're going to run out of these mid-range download bands that can get away with headlining sooner or later. And God forbid they start repeat booking bands like Lamb of God....
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 am

I have to be honest, while it's not really in the original spirit of the festival. I don't have much problem with SOME mainstream bands. Really it was only Trivium and Rob Zombie this year, given that Within Temptation have history with the festival and female fronted metal is a part of it. There's usually someone you can go see instead, and it's not like the festival dilutes from everything else - the undercard was very bloodstock-type metal on all of the days this year.

Yes, I don't want to see Korn or MM anymore than anyone else here, but if they keep booking Venoms, Behemoths, Napalm Deaths, Delains, Emperors, Megadeths etc then the festival is fine. Does anyone stay at the mainstage for 12 hours straight without a break or going to another stage? It's when we see half the lineup being ill fitting bands I'll start to worry.

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 am

houston4044 wrote:

Oh dear god I hope not I can't stand the guy. I hope BOA don't consider (not only because he's terrible) but because they've already taken a fairly big slot gamble on Venom in terms of demands vs pulling power

Really? I'd have said 3rd from top was about right for Venom.

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:I mean realistically we're looking Korn and MM playing/headlining within the next 2 years, that's judging by the recent booking policy anyway. Unless they suddenly switch back to booking real metal headliners, they're going to run out of these mid-range download bands that can get away with headlining sooner or later. And God forbid they start repeat booking bands like Lamb of God....

I'm kinda curious how you're defining real metal headliners here, could you elaborate on what kind of bands you're talking about? Because by crude basis of where Behemoth are on the bill despite a decent selling tour without any major partners we can be virtually certain there won't be a black, death, folk, power or probably even thrash headliner (given the 3 big four bands on the radar all played quite recently with two of them as headliners).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Cthulhu wrote:
BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:I mean realistically we're looking Korn and MM playing/headlining within the next 2 years, that's judging by the recent booking policy anyway. Unless they suddenly switch back to booking real metal headliners, they're going to run out of these mid-range download bands that can get away with headlining sooner or later. And God forbid they start repeat booking bands like Lamb of God....

I'm kinda curious how you're defining real metal headliners here, could you elaborate on what kind of bands you're talking about? Because by crude basis of where Behemoth are on the bill despite a decent selling tour without any major partners we can be virtually certain there won't be a black, death, folk, power or probably even thrash headliner (given the 3 big four bands on the radar all played quite recently with two of them as headliners).
Well that's what I mean; Immortal, Behemoth, Emperor, King Diamond, Slayer. Those sorts of bands. And yes, you're probably right, but who do you think will be next? As I said, the amount of 'big' bands that are small enough to play bloodstock is dwindling. Then we will see it go one of three ways:
1) Back to booking real headliners
2) Repeat bookings of Machine head and Rob Zombie
3) Starting a new tier of bump-ups (first uk festival headlining appearance). Then we'll have Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides and Animals As Leaders headlining bloodstock 2019

My prediction is Mastodon, Korn and Marilyn Manson to headline this year.
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 pm

That would be an awful set of headliners! Mastodon as the mainstream one would be okay, but not three mainstream ones again please. :ugh:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote: Well that's what I mean; Immortal, Behemoth, Emperor, King Diamond, Slayer. Those sorts of bands. And yes, you're probably right, but who do you think will be next? As I said, the amount of 'big' bands that are small enough to play bloodstock is dwindling. Then we will see it go one of three ways:
1) Back to booking real headliners
2) Repeat bookings of Machine head and Rob Zombie
3) Starting a new tier of bump-ups (first uk festival headlining appearance). Then we'll have Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides and Animals As Leaders headlining bloodstock 2019

My prediction is Mastodon, Korn and Marilyn Manson to headline this year.

They still have a few options left. Like you said, Korn, Mastadon, at a push Manson. If Trivium can do it Five Finger Death Punch probably can. If we see Limp Bizkit I'll probably stab someone, but they are a possibility. Bullet for My Valentine. I could see Bring Me the Horizon doing it soon, they have a bit more respect than some of the others. I'd hate most of those but I think they aren't that likely to run out, especially if they do go full gaycore and book Asking Alexandria or something.

I'm more interested who you think they could get as a "real" headliner. Only one I could think is maybe Manowar, and there are many issues with that anyway. I'd like to see Savatage, Helloween or Blind Guardian, but I'm not sure any are big enough. Give Watain a few years and another album and they might headline, other than that don't think there are any big enough extreme bands - if Behemoth can't, who else is there?

My predictions would be something like: Dream Theater, Korn and Judas Priest, but honestly I have no idea.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:16 pm

jwh20 wrote: There's usually someone you can go see instead

There wasn't this year. Or any other year apart from 2014 when two of the days had an alternative. Unless you class a ten minute overlap as seeing someone else....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp