Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:31 pm

They've announced on Radio 1 in the past, can't remember who but if IIRC I didn't like them.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Wasn't it Lamb of God last time? If I recall we all knew because their drummer was on the show being interviewed. So, anyone know who is on it this time?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:43 pm

"19:00 11 Oct 2015
Northlane in session

Aussie band Northlane are in session, plus Dan has an exciting Bloodstock announcement."
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:48 pm

fluffkitten wrote:They've announced on Radio 1 in the past, can't remember who but if IIRC I didn't like them.

Fairy nuff then, I can't remember the last time I listened to radio one in any form. As someone said on the FB page, it's promoting the festival to a wider audiance, which I understand.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:09 pm

I didn't even realise the Rock How was will a thing. I've not listened to Radio 1 for well over 15 years.I wouldn't be surprised f it's someone such as Bullet for My Valentine. They're playing Wacken and they're sort like the Trivium thing this year. A band that are big but most old school bloodstockers don't actually like.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Devin Townsend nears the end of his tour by then....

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:
Simon Hall on his Facebook page wrote:So all 3 Bloodstock headliners are now locked in ... bang tidy!
"But my oh my ... who could they be?"

This is unusual for Bloodstock, in that I mean they have announced that they have booked all 3 headliners before actually announcing anything or announcing an announcement....

Also, does the fact that 'But my oh my... who could they be?' is in quotes mean that it is a clue? If so, what does it mean? Or am I reading into things a little too much? :P

Oh god, a quick google search brings up a song by Slade called 'My Oh My'.

Genuinely concerned that it is Slade now :|

Slade would be great! They did actually play Reading when it was a Metal festival.

There's nothing better than singing Merry Christmas Everybody in August. :lol:

But no Noddy. :(
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:08 pm

fluffkitten wrote:They've announced on Radio 1 in the past, can't remember who but if IIRC I didn't like them.

I think it was Machine Head and it leaked before hand.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:

It wasn't Machine Head. I remember their famous "6/6 6pm" announcement. Someone said on Facebook it was Behemoth last time, but it wasn't them either. I'm fairly sure it was either Down or Lamb of God, but it might have been Slayer.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Skippy wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

It wasn't Machine Head. I remember their famous "6/6 6pm" announcement. Someone said on Facebook it was Behemoth last time, but it wasn't them either. I'm fairly sure it was either Down or Lamb of God, but it might have been Slayer.

I'm sure it wasn't Down iirc they had a standard announcement

I would be really surprised if it was Slade but I would like it, Mama were allllllllllll crazy now :yes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:20 pm

It was Slayer that were announced on the Radio 1 thing. I remember it because someone unearthed the Bloodstock webpage that was ready to go before hand. By the time it was announced everyone knew already!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:Oh god, a quick google search brings up a song by Slade called 'My Oh My'.

Genuinely concerned that it is Slade now :|

Haha, there is absolutely no way it's going to be Slade. Although I reckon they'd be a right laugh if they were booked!

If you type 'My Oh My Metal' into a google search the first hit is an Asking Alexandria video :eyes:

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:57 am

Soze wrote:It was Slayer that were announced on the Radio 1 thing. I remember it because someone unearthed the Bloodstock webpage that was ready to go before hand. By the time it was announced everyone knew already!

That was hilarious :lol:

Someone played about with the url on a Bloodstock ad on Metal Hammers website and found the updated version with Slayer on it IIRC
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:17 am

Soze wrote:If you type 'My Oh My Metal' into a google search the first hit is an Asking Alexandria video :eyes:

Now now, theres no need to scare people like that

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 am

Bizza wrote:
Soze wrote:It was Slayer that were announced on the Radio 1 thing. I remember it because someone unearthed the Bloodstock webpage that was ready to go before hand. By the time it was announced everyone knew already!

That was hilarious :lol:

Someone played about with the url on a Bloodstock ad on Metal Hammers website and found the updated version with Slayer on it IIRC

That's right.

Not very optimistic with it being described as an "exciting Bloodstock announcement" on the TV guide though. :|

Although I've already guessed at Slayer again..........