Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 am

Given all the scepticism this year from people concerned about the direction Bloodstock has been going (some recent headliners aside I do feel this criticism is somewhat over-exaggerated), at the moment, there really isn't much to moan about.

4 bands announced and not one of them is what I'd consider to be 'commercial' metal in the same vain as Trivium, Lamb of God, Machine Head, etc. Even Mastodon, although they're not what you'd necessarily think of as a 'Bloodstock' band don't really fall into the same category as those others.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:32 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Given all the scepticism this year from people concerned about the direction Bloodstock has been going (some recent headliners aside I do feel this criticism is somewhat over-exaggerated), at the moment, there really isn't much to moan about.

4 bands announced and not one of them is what I'd consider to be 'commercial' metal in the same vain as Trivium, Lamb of God, Machine Head, etc. Even Mastodon, although they're not what you'd necessarily think of as a 'Bloodstock' band don't really fall into the same category as those others.

No. They're far more commercial. :lol:

I can't see any of those other bands playing Leeds/Reading anytime soon. Or playing on Later with Jools Holland and getting regular articles in The Guardian. I reckon they're a shoe in for Glastonbury at some point.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:36 am

Good announcement Bloodstock! Three bands I am more than happy to see so far and Mastadon who I may give a listen to despite not being my cup of tea. Keep this up and I will be buying a couple of tickets having not attended for the last couple of years.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 am

Killing_time wrote:It's a good theory as Katatonia will no doubt be playing the album in full next year as it's probably their best album!

Why exactly do you think they're going to play the whole of that album just because you think it's their best album? And it's far from their best album imo, Brave Murder Day, Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptiness are all much better.

Anyway, Twister Sister is a great announcement, headlined before yes, but they're an incredible live band, and the fact it's their last year tour means that it's fine for them to come back. TS will probably be playing Hellfest though, so this doesn't make me want to return to BOA just yet though.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 am

Well, not bothered initially, but in honesty I am glad because clearly a lot of you guys have been praying for this to happen. I think it's an unbelievably smart move too. I bet when day tickets go on sale, that'll be the first one to sell out.
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 am

This announcement isn't for me, but it is a really solid booking! I may give them a watch as it'll be their last show.

This definitely makes the chances of Priest slimmer, though.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:04 pm

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Not for me at all, I will be as far away from the stage as possible. But it's still a really great booking.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Decent for me. Someone I'm slightly annoyed that I missed last time they played, but I'd still be happy to leave them for someone better on the Sophie Stage. Good to see an actually asked for band booked to headline as well.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Killing_time wrote:It's a good theory as Katatonia will no doubt be playing the album in full next year as it's probably their best album!

Why exactly do you think they're going to play the whole of that album just because you think it's their best album? And it's far from their best album imo, Brave Murder Day, Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptiness are all much better.

Anyway, Twister Sister is a great announcement, headlined before yes, but they're an incredible live band, and the fact it's their last year tour means that it's fine for them to come back. TS will probably be playing Hellfest though, so this doesn't make me want to return to BOA just yet though.

Maybe because They played Viva Emptiness in full for it's 10th year anniversary and The Great Cold Distance is their biggest selling album! Whether you think it's their best or not doesn't matter because the majority have already spoken from album sales.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Katatonia will play The Great Cold Distance in full next year it's a no brainer. Where they play it is the only question here.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

I think the album is longer than the early afternoon slot they would get. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Killing_time wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:

Maybe because They played Viva Emptiness in full for it's 10th year anniversary and The Great Cold Distance is their biggest selling album! Whether you think it's their best or not doesn't matter because the majority have already spoken from album sales.

By that reasoning you will be telling us that Metallica's "Black" album is their best...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Come on. You know he prefers Reload. :lol:

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Twisted Sister means Bloodstock done good.