Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Turbo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:09 pm

VizardAmata wrote:This announcement isn't for me, but it is a really solid booking! I may give them a watch as it'll be their last show.

This definitely makes the chances of Priest slimmer, though.

My exact feelings aside for the watching part. Fingers crossed for Priest Saturday headliners.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Killing_time wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Killing_time wrote:It's a good theory as Katatonia will no doubt be playing the album in full next year as it's probably their best album!

Why exactly do you think they're going to play the whole of that album just because you think it's their best album? And it's far from their best album imo, Brave Murder Day, Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptiness are all much better.

Anyway, Twister Sister is a great announcement, headlined before yes, but they're an incredible live band, and the fact it's their last year tour means that it's fine for them to come back. TS will probably be playing Hellfest though, so this doesn't make me want to return to BOA just yet though.

Maybe because They played Viva Emptiness in full for it's 10th year anniversary and The Great Cold Distance is their biggest selling album! Whether you think it's their best or not doesn't matter because the majority have already spoken from album sales.

Didn't they only do that for the tour with Paradise Lost and Lacuna Coil? Also, why did they end up playing it backwards?

Not that I'm complaining because it was awesome to see.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Satyricon next announcement? Lol

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:57 pm

If Katatonia announced that they were going to do tour with a set composed of only pre-Brave Murder Day stuff I'd welcome them with open arms. Everything after that has been pretty hit or miss really with a few really good songs and lots of filler.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:No. They're far more commercial. :lol:

I can't see any of those other bands playing Leeds/Reading anytime soon. Or playing on Later with Jools Holland and getting regular articles in The Guardian. I reckon they're a shoe in for Glastonbury at some point.

Slayer, Iron Maiden and Municipal Waste have all played Reading in fairly recent years. Also, The Guardian bangs on about heavy metal relentlessly, it's just about the only newspaper that gives it decent coverage! They have a weekly round up of metal releases with all sorts of obscurities getting lauded.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Surprised for the first time to see such a near unanimous enjoyment over a repeat booking :lol:

I'm glad BOA were able to book them, had a slight worry (as I want to see TS) they would do download.

Also means BOA have learnt their lesson from last year and not booked a top 6 who all played download the previous year :lol:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Soze wrote:The Guardian bangs on about heavy metal relentlessly, it's just about the only newspaper that gives it decent coverage!

Isn't that just because Dom Lawson writes for them? If he left, I can't imagine they'd carry on with their metal coverage.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Tet wrote:
Soze wrote:The Guardian bangs on about heavy metal relentlessly, it's just about the only newspaper that gives it decent coverage!

Isn't that just because Dom Lawson writes for them? If he left, I can't imagine they'd carry on with their metal coverage.

Jut looked at a few recent articles

Blackgaze: meet the bands taking black metal out of the shadows by Tom Howells
Philip Anselmo: 'I ain’t trying to educate a single soul. I’m just writing rock ‘n’ roll' by Stefan Chirazi
Hair! Despair! Nightmares! What happened to 1980s metal also-rans? by Dave Simpson
The playlist – metal: Iron Maiden, Tesseract, Iniquitous Savagery and more by Dom Lawson
Thrash ’n burn: why 1985 was metal's defining year by Kim Kelly
Ritchie Blackmore – 10 of the best by Tim Hall

as well as stories about AC/DC, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Rush, Faith No More, Mastodon, Bloodstock (2 articles) Alice Cooper and extreme metal....and reviews of Iron Maiden, Deafhaven, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Powerwolf, Slayer, Bring Me the Horizon, Trivium, Motorhead, Ghost, Sunn O)))), Cradle of Filth...all by different people (and universally positive).

I can't think of any other newspaper that gives this sort of coverage to metal. Nowhere near.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 am

Seems like all the moaning that we normally get on here for announcements has shifted camp to Download after their Maiden for first headliner announcement.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Well we could always swap Maiden for Mastodon if they don't want them. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 pm

depending on who the 3rd BOA headliner is (i.e FFDP) we could do a 2 for 1 deal to get Maiden!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm

JB65 wrote:Seems like all the moaning that we normally get on here for announcements has shifted camp to Download after their Maiden for first headliner announcement.

Why are they moaning about Maiden :?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
JB65 wrote:Seems like all the moaning that we normally get on here for announcements has shifted camp to Download after their Maiden for first headliner announcement.

Because they are all kids and anything older than them is Dad Rock. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:

Because they are all kids and anything older than them is Dad Rock. :lol:

That and the fact DL bookings make BOA seem like it never does repeats.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Couple that with playing Soni, most of those headliners are near constant repeats between the two.