Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
JB65
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby JB65 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:15 pm

It's made one of the local news papers.
http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news/lo ... n-10296176

I thought the Download lot were bad, but I'd get your life jackets ready for the flood due to all the tears on here.

https://www.facebook.com/ironmaiden

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

But they have a point in that to see a band you like you have to pay well over the odds to see them play a festival you wouldn't attend otherwise. To a crowd that seemingly couldn't care less. I remember when they played proper tours in decent venues.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:51 pm

Best comment:

Iron Maiden is one of my favorite ever bands, but why oh why is one of BRITAIN'S biggest bands is only doing ONE show in Britain! Please reconsider this, one-off at Twickenham or Wembley!!

:lol: :lol:

As much as I like Maiden and would like to see them again, it's going to take alot more than just them for me to even consider just a day ticket to DL.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 pm

houston4044 wrote:Best comment:

Iron Maiden is one of my favorite ever bands, but why oh why is one of BRITAIN'S biggest bands is only doing ONE show in Britain! Please reconsider this, one-off at Twickenham or Wembley!!

:lol: :lol:

As much as I like Maiden and would like to see them again, it's going to take alot more than just them for me to even consider just a day ticket to DL.

Sabbath announced tonight and Rammstein leaked as final headliner. As much as I like all three to different degrees, I'd rather be at BOA.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:28 pm

I'd like to swap Twisted Sister for Rammstein please :) Although Bloodstock might need a bigger stage

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:56 pm

No thanks. I'm not into man on man action. If I wanted to see that I would go to Garlands. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:12 pm

The Download headliners are really good and it's hilarious seeing them all whining :lol:

It is also quite annoying though as I imagine they'd be 3 of the 10 if I'm lucky bands I'd wanna see there.

I'm hoping Hellfest nabs all three and that I can afford that too.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 am

I know the Twitter said next headliner next month but how likely is it to get another announcement before then? Would like some undercard (as generally that's more exciting to me)

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:No thanks. I'm not into man on man action. If I wanted to see that I would go to Garlands. :lol:

But you'd like to keep Twisted Sister? :?

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Killing_time wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:No thanks. I'm not into man on man action. If I wanted to see that I would go to Garlands. :lol:

But you'd like to keep Twisted Sister? :?

Where's your sense of fun?

Haven't seen them live yet myself but heard many really good things and it should be really enjoyable.

Already in discussions to horrifically drag up for shits and giggles :yes:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:52 pm

They may dress like women but from all I've heard they play better and harder live than most "metal" dressed bands out there :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Since when have Twisted Sister played dressed as women? I've seen them half a dozen times since the mid 1980s and they usually just wear T shirts, denim and jeans.

More like this. So get your facts right before slagging bands off for having an image that they used for about five minutes in a forty year career.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:25 pm

I thought they did the bad make up as a piss take of the glam rock of the day rather than a "serious look". They looked just like your average Rock/metal band last time they played.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Since when have Twisted Sister played dressed as women? I've seen them half a dozen times since the mid 1980s and they usually just wear T shirts, denim and jeans.

More like this. So get your facts right before slagging bands off for having an image that they used for about five minutes in a forty year career.

If your directing that at me then:

Although I would like to point out that I wasn't slagging them off (my point was despite their image they are a great band), I like them and I am really looking forward to them at BOA. In fact I want them to glam up again just to force Portnoy to do the same :lol:

Also if we're being pedantic they glammed up (for want of a better word) from '75 to '86 so not exactly five minutes of their career :P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am

That was mostly aimed at Killing Time. How can you compare a bit of badly worn drag to rampant pseudo Nazi homoerotic man on man action with "spunkguns" which cover half the crowd in jizz. But whatever floats your boat and thankfully they won't be playing a festival that I'll attend anytime soon.

The image came from when they was involved in New York street gangs. More The Warriors than anything, where they have gangs dressed as anything from transvestites to mime artists. If you haven't seen it then do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRM2YcGpmxg

Seem familiar?