Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:09 am

Tet wrote:It's too late for festivals now. The major ones have already announced their headliners, and G'n'R wouldn't settle for anything other than the headline slot.


Bloodstock still have a headliner to announce :P

It's not too late for festivals, a fair few have vacant headline slots, it's slim but possible that they might be doing festivals

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 am

Please not GnR. 25 years too late!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 6013
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby someone else » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 am

GNR could do their own run of outdoor stadiums without needing a festival - Hyde Park are yet to announce their full line. Did hear that the rumours are circulating as it can't be confirmed until Slash's divorce comes thru and his ex can't claim any of the money!
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Bearstock » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Pleased that Nightwish are at Download this year because at Bloodstock they'd surely headline and whilst I wouldn't be against that I wouldn't want them to be the main closing headliner.

Arch Enemy, Anthrax and Amon Amarth weren't announced for UK Download only Paris so maybe they'll each play Bloodstock?

Anthrax would be a surprising one but a slight potential headliner?

Judas Priest headlining with Anthrax supporting and Arch Enemy just before them would be great for me though.

Amon Amarth subbing Mastodon.

:yes:
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2279
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Bearstock wrote:
Arch Enemy, Anthrax and Amon Amarth weren't announced for UK Download only Paris so maybe they'll each play Bloodstock?

Anthrax would be a surprising one but a slight potential headliner?

Judas Priest headlining with Anthrax supporting and Arch Enemy just before them would be great for me though.

Amon Amarth subbing Mastodon.

:yes:

That would just get everyone (especially me) annoyed at more high slots being taken up by repeats. And not very good ones at that (I like Anthrax, but they play so often over here I don't really care to see them again). Arch Enemy haven't played in a while but they are terrible, so I'd rather not see them and Amon played 2 years ago. Too soon, which means they are bound to play.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Bearstock » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Skippy wrote:
Bearstock wrote:
Arch Enemy, Anthrax and Amon Amarth weren't announced for UK Download only Paris so maybe they'll each play Bloodstock?

Anthrax would be a surprising one but a slight potential headliner?

Judas Priest headlining with Anthrax supporting and Arch Enemy just before them would be great for me though.

Amon Amarth subbing Mastodon.

:yes:

That would just get everyone (especially me) annoyed at more high slots being taken up by repeats. And not very good ones at that (I like Anthrax, but they play so often over here I don't really care to see them again). Arch Enemy haven't played in a while but they are terrible, so I'd rather not see them and Amon played 2 years ago. Too soon, which means they are bound to play.


I can defnitely see the issue with repeats and both Amon Amarth and Anthrax played recently although would be 3 years for Anthrax by the time of the festival which isn't too bad.

I think Anthrax and Amon Amarth if they play will naturally get high slots as they always put on impressive shows.

I'm sure people would complain but I bet a lot wold enjoy it too.
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Soze » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 pm

I'd be happy with either Anthrax or Amon Amarth back as they're such good live bands. I'm hoping Ghost might get a special guest slot, haven't played Bloodstock before and seem in vogue. Although if offered Download I suspect they'd choose that instead.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2279
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Bearstock wrote:
Skippy wrote:
Bearstock wrote:
Arch Enemy, Anthrax and Amon Amarth weren't announced for UK Download only Paris so maybe they'll each play Bloodstock?

Anthrax would be a surprising one but a slight potential headliner?

Judas Priest headlining with Anthrax supporting and Arch Enemy just before them would be great for me though.

Amon Amarth subbing Mastodon.

:yes:

That would just get everyone (especially me) annoyed at more high slots being taken up by repeats. And not very good ones at that (I like Anthrax, but they play so often over here I don't really care to see them again). Arch Enemy haven't played in a while but they are terrible, so I'd rather not see them and Amon played 2 years ago. Too soon, which means they are bound to play.


I can defnitely see the issue with repeats and both Amon Amarth and Anthrax played recently although would be 3 years for Anthrax by the time of the festival which isn't too bad.

3 years is "not to bad", but in reality only so many special guest sized bands can play each year. You can think of it as 3 years, or you can think that since they've last played only 6 similarly sized bands have played. Why keep filling those limited slots with the same bands? Honestly, it's the thing that annoys me the most about Bloodstock is that the special guest bands are repeated on a loop almost. Dimmu and Sabaton in particular, I'd much rather something different up there. I enjoyed Sabaton, but I'd have rathered Helloween.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Soze » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:57 am

Skippy wrote:3 years is "not to bad", but in reality only so many special guest sized bands can play each year. You can think of it as 3 years, or you can think that since they've last played only 6 similarly sized bands have played. Why keep filling those limited slots with the same bands? Honestly, it's the thing that annoys me the most about Bloodstock is that the special guest bands are repeated on a loop almost. Dimmu and Sabaton in particular, I'd much rather something different up there. I enjoyed Sabaton, but I'd have rathered Helloween.


I guess the organizers, who I believe are running a tight ship financially, look at a choice between Sabaton and Helloween, the former more popular in the UK and probably cheaper to boot, and make the obvious choice. As the festival has grown it does seem to have started placing more importance on how big a band is in the UK, whereas before it would take chances on putting on rarer, unlikelier acts. Which, now that they have larger running costs and more tickets to sell, is understandable.

User avatar
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby cheesemason » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:49 pm

So three bands being announced tomorrow

I'm going for Satyricon and Helloween being two of them. Any rumours?

User avatar
Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Leemanruss » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:08 pm

cheesemason wrote:So three bands being announced tomorrow

I'm going for Satyricon and Helloween being two of them. Any rumours?

It would be silly not to announce Satyricon at this stage (if indeed they ARE booked) because if they wait to try and build up hype, it will fall flat due to the heavy rumours.

As for the other two, Volbeat and Ghost? Who knows! There was a time I could guess a fair few bands correctly (2011 was a good example) but these days I have no clue what the organisers are thinking.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

JB65
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm
Location: Your mum's bum.

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby JB65 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:26 pm

cheesemason wrote:So three bands being announced tomorrow

I'm going for Satyricon and Helloween being two of them. Any rumours?

I'd take both of those even though they are repeats as long as we can have someone like Arkona, Svartsot or Civil War too.

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm preparing for disappointment. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Leemanruss » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:41 pm

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa ... /satyricon

EDIT: I also found another one like that for a different band through randomly entering bands that I thought would be likely to play next year.

I won't post them and ruin the announcement tomorrow, but let's just say its another repeat

EDIT 2: I found the third one - another repeat from the same year...
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Bizza » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Who are they? PM if you don't want to post here.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)