Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:35 pm

bloodfiend wrote:I disagree - if they just announce a handful of tiny bands like this, everyone goes "meh" and switched off from the start and uninterested. Hardly any comments on the Facebook announcement or here, and the announcement thread just went straight into the other forum with no comments. No one cared, everyone was underwhelmed, and everyone went straight to thinking about the next announcement rather than being interested in the bands.

If this was announced with at least one main stage band however, there would have been much more interest in the announcement, more comments and these bands and more effort made to check them out,

I think it was just the bands announced that has led to a bit of a "meh" response, (personally I have no issue with it) by sounds of things, quite a few people dislike the repeats of bands who tour regularly. I bet if rarer/new bands were announced it would of gone down well, take last year for example, if Ne Obliviscaris, Ol' Drake and Battalion were announced in one go it would of been greatly received.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 am

I think this is an ok announcement, wasn't really expected one, was not long since the last one. A mate of mine loves Witchsorrow, and Phil Campbell is a great and fitting choice for thursday. Not heard of the other guys though I'll have to check them out. Doesn't bother me so much if there are repeats of this size.
Also I quite like getting bands I've not listened to because sometimes I get into a new band off the back of these announcements

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:06 am

According to the line up page, Goatwhore are now on Sunday. Hope it doesn't stay that was, was hoping for a good alternative to Slayer.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:15 am

Skippy wrote:According to the line up page, Goatwhore are now on Sunday. Hope it doesn't stay that was, was hoping for a good alternative to Slayer.

The only headliner I'm not interested in are Mastodon and luckily I'm very keen to reaquaint myself with Acid Reign after 25 years so things are good on that front. Twisted Sister are the main reason I'm considering going this year so I'm hoping the Friday Sophie headliner is someone shit!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Skippy wrote:According to the line up page, Goatwhore are now on Sunday. Hope it doesn't stay that was, was hoping for a good alternative to Slayer.

For me they are the perfect alternative to Slayer so Sunday is great for me. A Twisted Sister/Goatwhore clash would be the worst possible.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:03 pm

My 3 must see bands so far are TS, Anthrax and Acid Reign. I'm hopeful Acid Reign will clash with Mastodon so I can avoid Mastodon.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:15 am

fluffkitten wrote:

For me they are the perfect alternative to Slayer so Sunday is great for me. A Twisted Sister/Goatwhore clash would be the worst possible.

This. I'm not sure I even like any other bands than these 2 so far.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Doesn't this normally happen? Bands moving on the line up poster or disappearing. The PR said Friday headliner and word from anywhere about them moving so I'd guess they are still on Friday

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 am

Vicky told someone on Twitter that the next announcement is next week.

She has also said they've just booked the Friday Sophie headliner, Firstly that means Goatwhore must now be on the Sunday, and secondly there is a chance the Friday headliner might be announced next week.

Solstafir have started announcing festival dates in August, so am hoping for them. Would go down a storm in the tent

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 pm

I'll be terribly upset if Solstafir clash with Twisted Sister!!

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Why is everyone thinking that headliners will clash? I'm pretty sure they didn't this year, or at most overlapped by a few minutes?

EDIT: In fact they only overlapped by fifteen minutes

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm a bit annoyed at Goatwhore moving to Sunday, I was looking at shooting off just before Anthrax. Now ill be sticking around until the end.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:54 pm

cheesemason wrote:Vicky told someone on Twitter that the next announcement is next week.

Good excuse for me to look up some new bands :)

Goatwhore on Sunday is better for me, no way they could follow TS for me but having seen Slayer a few times in the last few years I could happily pull myself a way a bit earlier to get a good spot for GW

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:59 pm

I would have been nice to have an alternative to Slayer that could sing. They made much more sense as an alternative to Twisted Sister. Never mind. There's always the bar!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:55 pm

According to an email doing the rounds from ticketmaster I think,COC and Evil Scarecrap are going to be in the next lot to be announced.....
You should try being dead...