Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Happy with Corrosion of Conformity but no idea about the other bands!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Ghost bath is the only one here that really floats my boat. Still nowhere near enough for me to get a ticket though
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:No idea, but until last year they claimed to be from Chongqing, China. Then, in some interview, they announced that they are really from North Dakota (I think).

They were able to get away with it because they had previously concealed their identities.

Personally think it's a strong year for BOA (for me) at the same time for every great booking they then drop the ball and book a Stuck Mojo :eyes:

Although after being treated rotten the last few years, I want one or two more thrash bands. Either Death Angel, Coroner or Sacred Reich and i'll be content :D

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:03 am

Can't believe some people are pleased with the announcement of Evil Scarecrow after they have played so many times, complete waste of a slot imo, oh well I'm sure there will be something else to do.
Quite pleased about Corrosion of Conformity though, but not interested in any of the others.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:11 am

houston4044 wrote:If you like Xentrix you'll like Acid Reign ;)

Even if you're on the fence I'd go see TS, last UK show so better to take a punt on it now than regret it later.

Cool I will check them out, which songs/albums would you recommend?
Yeah that's true, I will try to catch them!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:53 am

Warlock wrote:

Even if you're on the fence I'd go see TS, last UK show so better to take a punt on it now than regret it later.

The Fear is often viewed as their best album but Obnoxious isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 am

Ghost Bath - best announcement so far - never even heard of them, but when I checked out their 'Moonlover' aklbum, I instantly fell in love with them! Right up my street.

Evil Scarecrow - love them, but I've seen them an unbelievable number of times (probably over 30?), and 3 times since their 2014 appearance. I will enjoy them on the day would have preferred a band that hasn't played before. (Also, this will make Evil Scarecrow the first band to play the festival 5 times)

Corrosion of Conformity - they're ok, I prefer the Pepper Keenan version to the version that played in 2012, so I might give them a watch if nothing else is on

Unearth - I thought somewhere deep down I might be able to enjoy them (I spent my teenage years listening to metalcore and I still love Killswitch Engage) but upon revisiting them, they are completely wank and I will be avoiding.

XII Boar - complete shite that I had the displeasure of watching once several years ago and the singer was an offensive bellend. Shall be avoiding at all costs!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Warlock wrote:

The Fear is often viewed as their best album but Obnoxious isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I liked Acid Reign, but was never really a fan of Xentrix.

Moshkinstein is still the best thing they released though. :P

This version however is just H and some mates. I'll give them a watch, but not expecting much in case it's a disappointment. I'm wondering how some of their more political songs stand up now as 2015 is a very different world to 1988.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Trust you Gandalf to say a band's oldest record is the best!.Anyway-make sure you catch them at Bloodstock mate-they were great on that 'reboot' tour they did last year.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:53 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Trust you Gandalf to say a band's oldest record is the best!.Anyway-make sure you catch them at Bloodstock mate-they were great on that 'reboot' tour they did last year.

It was mainly because when that EP came out they were playing all the time so all the songs became very familiar. They were on the support bill for virtually every Thrash gig going. :lol:

Anyway I heard they liked Black Sabbath. :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:16 pm

To be fair, Acid Reign only made one EP and two albums...the 2nd of which is generally derided. I'd probably say The Fear is them at their best although I never understood what people had against Obnoxious. Been ages since I've listened to any of them mind!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:36 pm

The cover? :P

It is a bit of a shocker. :lol:

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:03 pm

I really like Obnoxious! But i'm with Gandalf on Moshkinstein being their best..

Also they were band of the night in Manc last year...
You should try being dead...

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Obnoxious is actually my favourite-and Creative Restraint(track 1) is H's favourite Acid Reign song.
Great band-i'm glad they are back-and don't let the fact that only one original member is with them now put you off seeing them.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:46 pm

As long as they play Humanoia I will be happy.

Motherly Love and Bully Boy will be a bonus!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!