Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 am

More shite. Misery Loves Company? Really? Is anyone asking for this crap? Diamond Head are all that vaguely interests me and they'll probably clash with Twisted Sister.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 am

bloodfiend wrote:I know people complain about repeats, but if new bookings are dross like this, then you really want repeats!!!

Cambion - never heard of, prog apparently, will check out
Misery Loves Company - ah another reformed crap band from the mid 90s that no one wanted....with this lot and Stuck Mojo, we're on to quite a theme here!!!
Diamond Head - tedious decaying old dinosaurs who have been atrocious every time I've seen them....oh well TS playing instead, can't imagine why anyone would choose DH over TS, so a very small crowd for them no doubt!
Krysthla - who?

I agree it's a rather underwhelming announcement, particularly for the main stage bands (tbf, I have absolutely no expectation of Sophie tent bands and am not surprised if it's bands I've not heard of) but I continually find it amusing that people on here seem to think that the population of the forums makes up the entire crowd of people that actually go to Bloodstock when in actual fact it's probably about 10% if that. Just because nobody on the forums wanted Misery Loves Co. doesn't mean they won't pull a crowd. I'm not saying they definitely will, just that the reaction of the forums isn't always a direct reflection of the reaction a band actually gets on the day (Machine Head, for example).

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 am

Diamond Head - saw them once and liked them.

Never heard of the other three so will check them out.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Diamond Head are the Sophie headliners on Friday.
Also announced: Cambion, Misery Loves Company, Krysthla.

Misery Loves Company great announcement and I couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Diamond Head will be worth a watch as long as they stick to the principle from last year and they are on after Twisted Sister.

Don't know about the other two but will check them out to see.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Cambion and Krysthla are more shouty beard metal shite. Because you know, we needed more of that. Misery Loves Co are OK, but nothing outstanding. Similarly Diamond Head, who used to be OK, but were made to look like complete amateurs by Uli Jon Roth with whom they toured a while back.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:22 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:I continually find it amusing that people on here seem to think that the population of the forums makes up the entire crowd of people that actually go to Bloodstock when in actual fact it's probably about 10% if that. Just because nobody on the forums wanted Misery Loves Co. doesn't mean they won't pull a crowd. I'm not saying they definitely will, just that the reaction of the forums isn't always a direct reflection of the reaction a band actually gets on the day (Machine Head, for example).

I'm not just using this forum as a gauge - more the BOA attendees in general; there was no one asking for Misery Loves Company in the Wishlist, but did you see anyone asking for them on the Facebook page either? And since you've been to BOA have you EVER seen anyone wandering around in a Misery Loves Company t-shirt?

Your point about Machine Head isn't really comparable - they're a very big band who obviously have a large fanbase in the UK, i.e. they appeal greatly to fans of bands like Slayer who are very popular among BOA attendees, and you always see loads of people in Machine Head shirts at BOA. Misery Loves Company on the other hand are a small band who have been largely forgotten since they split up, industrial isn't a particular popular genre for BOA goers, and they are not a band most of the attendees even remember, let alone want to see. Yes they might get an ok crowd, but it'll just be generally curious watchers more than a rabid fanbase.

If Stuck Mojo and Misery Loves Company pack the place out and get the biggest pits of the day, then I'll gladly apologise and admit this was a smart bit of booking...but until then I'll continue to be sceptical about BOA booking long forgotten lapsed bands from 20 years ago that no one appears to be requesting.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Like I said, I agree it's underwhelming and a bit out of leftfield but just because people on the forums and facebook page request certain bands and they don't get booked and a band like Misery Loves Co. do, that doesn't mean that the requests are being ignored.

Bands that are being requested may not be available or simply may just be too expensive compared to the slot that they would be offered. I think a lot more goes into actually booking bands than a lot of people on here seem to appreciate.

sweaty.raphael
Powermetal Child

Postby sweaty.raphael » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Quite happy with Diamond Head. Will defo watch the remainder of their set after TS. Ive heard the name Misery Loves Company before but only cos its an Anthrax song lol.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Got to be one of the weakest lineups so far, doesn't tempt me to go back in the slightest

sweaty.raphael
Powermetal Child

Postby sweaty.raphael » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Im actually really happy with the lineup in general. Theres about 13 bands so far I wanna see.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Krysthla - not my thing at all, hate that boring shouty stuff.

Cambion - kind of expected these opening the mainstage this year, they seem to like getting an upcoming British band to open at least one of the days. I've seen them a few times, they are ok but nothing amazing.

Diamond Head - pretty decent, but putting these on the Friday is such a big mistake. I'm assuming either them or Goatwhore couldn't make the other day, hence the change, but it's a shame because Diamond Head would be a much better closer than Slayer. As it is I'm not sure I'd bother after Sister.

Misery Loves Company - I'd never heard of them, they sound ok. Definitely seem more suited to the Sophie stage, I can only assume they are on main to attract the Fear Factory fans. It is good to see Bloodstock try something new, and industrial is such an underrepresented genre, but they could have stuck these on the Sophie and got a band people actually wanted in the spot instead.

So despite having a pretty decent start to the year, Bloodstock have completely failed to sell me a ticket since New Year. All the need is one band I like really, but no, only bands I "would watch if I'm there". I have no idea how they've failed so badly, although I should have seen it coming, considering the big bands that sell the ticket are usually announced early, and these seemed to completely constitute recent repeats. Hopefully they leave the mainstage alone for a bit now and flesh out the Sophie a bit, so far it's just average bands I could see down the pub.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

TMc
Lowly Peon

Postby TMc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Misery Loves Company = amazing addition!!!! Their debut album was amazing.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Misery Loves Company were one of those shitty mid 90s bands that no-one really liked much at the time, let alone now. Same as Stuck Mojo. Seems as if someone on the BOA booking team is looking for cheap bands to book so they can re-live their youth.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Looking forward to Diamond Head. I might check out Misery Loves Company. The other 2 sound shite.

TMc
Lowly Peon

Postby TMc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Soze wrote:Misery Loves Company were one of those shitty mid 90s bands that no-one really liked much at the time, let alone now. Same as Stuck Mojo. Seems as if someone on the BOA booking team is looking for cheap bands to book so they can re-live their youth.

A lot of people liked them at the time, just not you. Same as Stuck Mojo. The BOA team have done a great job on the lineup this year.