Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby metalicbear » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:One could argue that they are now is a slot much more appropriate of the crowd size they draw.

And yes, they haven't done much since last time... except release a new album (Galactic Hunt came out in October 2014, after their last Bloodstock appearance), still draw good crowds on tour and release three music videos (Crabulon, Space Dementia, End Level Boss). :rolleyes:

They always increased their crowd size per each appearance at BOA too. 2011 was a good amount of people in the tent for 2nd band on on the 2nd stage. When they next played (in the middle of the day, same stage) in 2013 it was packed! We all know how many they got in 2014 too (approximately 3rd highest draw on the main stage, behind Emperor and Carcass - that's more than Children of Bodom and Lacuna Coil managed).

The size of the crowd doesn't equate to how big the band is. People may have seen them out of curiosity or they were waiting for another band or there was simply no other band on that people wanted to see. The real indicator would be how many tickets they sold.

I know a lot of bigger festivals book slots for bands based on commercial success, how well their tours sell, longevity, media popularity etc. Evil Scarecrow don't tick any of those boxes in regards to deserving to be bumped up 5 slots on the main stage.

They played in the tent low down, when they were relatively unknown, they were bumped up to middle of the tent next time, then opening the main after that, surely the next step might be headlining the tent or being bumped up a slot on the main. Not the degree that they have been.

Yes, they released a new album.....and so have hundreds of bands, they released 3 music videos....and how does that make them more popular? Crabulon came out 2 years ago, it has around 80k plays, Rotting Christ released Ze Nigmar 2 months ago, it has nearly 100k plays. Yet ES are higher on the lineup than RC. They draw good crowds on tour....do they really, their tours are ridiculously small, Sophie Lancaster stage level.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 am

I see the BOA twitter feed says they are currently sorting out the first 2017 headliner. Certainly feels like this will be a leaner year and i hope they may be trying to get someone exciting (or more expensive) if they are booking this far ahead.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:07 am

Wanting : Judas Priest

Expecting : Korn

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:21 am

Judas Priest or Manowar!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I see the BOA twitter feed says they are currently sorting out the first 2017 headliner. Certainly feels like this will be a leaner year and i hope they may be trying to get someone exciting (or more expensive) if they are booking this far ahead.

It's Evil Scarecrow as they're going to draw such a massive crowd this year ;)

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:38 am

I'd put ES on quite early - I doubt they'd sell that many tickets, but they would get people into the arena earlier and spending money.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:27 am

Raven wrote:Wanting : Judas Priest
Expecting : Korn

Yeah, that about sums it up.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:50 pm

i0th wrote:I'd've taken Korn over [...] Slayer

I'm not a Slayer fan at all, but even I have to look at that statement and just shake my head in disbelief!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Slayer epitomise metal. Helped to create, redefine and influence an entire sub genre. Korn...I can't even be arsed.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 pm

i0th wrote:Slayer are bloody terrible.

That means there is probably no adjective to describe how bad Korn are given they are much, much worse than Slayer.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:18 pm

i0th wrote:Slayer are bloody terrible.

I am no fan of Slayer, finding them rather tedious, but I'd rather listen to a 3 hour set of Slayer than10 minutes of Korn.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 am

I like Slayer and Korn :eyes:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:06 am

houston4044 wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:I see the BOA twitter feed says they are currently sorting out the first 2017 headliner. Certainly feels like this will be a leaner year and i hope they may be trying to get someone exciting (or more expensive) if they are booking this far ahead.

Haha yeah may aswell! Don't get why they're so popular, they're like a piss take of metal! Or atleast that's how they come across to me, are they meant to be?

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Warlock wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Haha yeah may aswell! Don't get why they're so popular, they're like a piss take of metal! Or atleast that's how they come across to me, are they meant to be?

I watched them in 2014 and really enjoyed it as it was the opening mainstage band, everyone was pretty much hungover to shit and on the up again drinking at 10-11 am you know how it is. So it was really funny and well done, but it's something I never wish to see again. They are a one stop gimmick, once you've seen it no need to see them again really. Harsh but true, no one wants to hear the same joke over and over again. They are also highly misplaced on the bill being anywhere but the opening band on mainstage.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Soze wrote:Slayer epitomise metal. Helped to create, redefine and influence an entire sub genre. Korn...I can't even be arsed.

I'd much rather see Slayer at a festival like Bloodstock, even though musically I dislike them and probably do prefer Korn. However, I'd almost rather have seen Korn play this year - the return of Slayer just shows a complete lack of ideas to me. I'm sure I'll regret saying that next year though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!