Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby kanet666 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:45 am

I enjoy watching Strongman stuff now and again. Could be interesting if there are crap bands on at the time.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue May 10, 2016 2:43 pm

kanet666 wrote:I enjoy watching Strongman stuff now and again. Could be interesting if there are crap bands on at the time.

You may spend a quite a few hours watching strongman stuff then
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue May 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:
kanet666 wrote:I enjoy watching Strongman stuff now and again. Could be interesting if there are crap bands on at the time.

You may spend a quite a few hours watching strongman stuff then

I'd like to point out that I wasn't the one to make this comment! I will admit I very nearly did when I saw kanet666's post, though...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue May 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Just as long as it not taking money from booking bands.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:08 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we got some bands added this Tuesday coming. They could officially announce the M2M winners to date (which would by then include the Norway winner, and BOA could spin the article about it's international reach etc), plus maybe 2-3 Sophie stage bands.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we got some bands added this Tuesday coming. They could officially announce the M2M winners to date (which would by then include the Norway winner, and BOA could spin the article about it's international reach etc), plus maybe 2-3 Sophie stage bands.

Don't we normally get the winners announced a few weeks later? I swear last year they were announced later and people were complaining that they were holding them back when people already knew who it was.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Soze wrote:The likes of Iron Maiden, Slayer and Municipal Waste have all played Reading in relatively recent years. I've got a fairly broad taste in music and like quite a lot of indie/alt bands but Reading still doesn't appeal to me much, even with the occasional inclusion of a bit of quality metal. Then again, the shitty line up that Bloodstock has put together this year isn't appealing to me much either!!

I think your age might be showing. R+L had a "metal day" up until about 2007 then kinda tailed off with it, which is 9 years ago now :P

(I will grant they seem to be slowly resurrecting it at the moment now, mind)

Also, Akercocke, cool :) if I manage to find some cheap tickets (final year skint student here), I might spend a large chunk of Saturday in the front row for Akercocke, Rotting Christ, Paradise Lost, Gojira and such.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Danroush wrote:
Soze wrote:The likes of Iron Maiden, Slayer and Municipal Waste have all played Reading in relatively recent years. I've got a fairly broad taste in music and like quite a lot of indie/alt bands but Reading still doesn't appeal to me much, even with the occasional inclusion of a bit of quality metal. Then again, the shitty line up that Bloodstock has put together this year isn't appealing to me much either!!

I think your age might be showing. R+L had a "metal day" up until about 2007 then kinda tailed off with it, which is 9 years ago now :P

if you can call Asking Alexandria a resurrection then I'd rather metal stayed dead at R+L :eyes:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 pm

So, in people's opinion, what's the heaviest band announced so far? Like crazy heavy.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue May 24, 2016 12:02 am

No idea. Haven't weighed any of them so far.

But the bloke out of Mastodon is a massive prick.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:No idea. Haven't weighed any of them so far.

But the bloke out of Mastodon is a massive prick.

:lol:

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Tue May 24, 2016 10:03 am

Doesnt seem to be an announcement today... that's a whole month since the last announcement, which seems to be a bit of a long time in the lead up to the festival
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

2 weeks since any sort of announcement and 4 since our last batch of bands? :-/

I wonder what they are waiting for? There's still a number of second stage slots to fill out - just give us a few of those, and maybe the first few M2M New Blood bands!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 am

I was thinking the same, was expecting something today and nothing, and been a month since the last one! Can't imagine they've got anything decent now or they would of announced it to sell more tickets, unless it's something they're still trying to work out but doubt it. Still kind of hoping for something like Exciter or Metal Church, think it would be unrealistic to hope for Sacred Reich or Deicide etc at this stage

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 25, 2016 12:02 am

houston4044 wrote:
Danroush wrote:

if you can call Asking Alexandria a resurrection then I'd rather metal stayed dead at R+L :eyes:

Didn't Metallica return the other year? Also Gojira, System of a Down, Ghost, Mastodon etc.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1