Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am

I would guess it's due to bands having other commitments that need to be completed first. Most of the bands we've been speculating on have major tours coming up. Nightwish, Judas Priest, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Motley Crue, etc.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I would guess it's due to bands having other commitments that need to be completed first. Most of the bands we've been speculating on have major tours coming up. Nightwish, Judas Priest, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Motley Crue, etc.

True, but haven't most of those bands sold much of the tour already? Nightwish at Wembley is sold out, Manson has (surprisingly) sold out a few shows etc. Motley Crue won't be playing, no more shows past 2015.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Motley Crue, etc.

Given this is their farewell tour, and that they've signed a contract forbidding them to play together as Mötley Crüe after December 31st this year, I think the chances of us seeing them at Bloodstock next year are slim ;-)
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Tet wrote:

Given this is their farewell tour, and that they've signed a contract forbidding them to play together as Mötley Crüe after December 31st this year, I think the chances of us seeing them at Bloodstock next year are slim ;-)

Thank gawd for that. :lol:

To be honest I just threw a few bands in that I knew were touring. I could have put Megadeth, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Motorhead as well. But I thought those are very unlikely.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Tet wrote:

Thank gawd for that. :lol:

To be honest I just threw a few bands in that I knew were touring. I could have put Megadeth, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Motorhead as well. But I thought those are very unlikely.

Amen to that :p
Not a glam person, myself.

Motorhead would be nice, but judging from all the fuss over the last couple of months or so, I think that's going to be a see later on. By that, that probably means that they either will have a very very loyal backup, or they aren't going to wait around to see what Lemmys' health is like closer to the date.

Just for the love of god, don't let the "Never played" be The Darkness. Saw them at their first gig as a signed band. Then Justins head slowly went up his own arse, and I quickly got bored of them. If they want to get a parody band up there, I think Spinal Tap would truly be the way to go, if they could afford that
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Spinal Tap? On BOA's budget? We'll end up with Steel Panther for financial reasons :lol:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Let us dream damn it! :P

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:51 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Let us dream damn it! :P

Spinal Tap is your dream? Not aiming high are you :P

I wish they got on with announcing Five Finger Death Punch so we can get it out the way and actually get an announcement of bands I would actually watch

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:00 pm

It will be Korn billed as pioneers of nu metal and thus opening the floodgates for nu metal and something-core bands to fill half the weekend
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Simon Hall on his Facebook page wrote:So all 3 Bloodstock headliners are now locked in ... bang tidy!
"But my oh my ... who could they be?"

This is unusual for Bloodstock, in that I mean they have announced that they have booked all 3 headliners before actually announcing anything or announcing an announcement....

Also, does the fact that 'But my oh my... who could they be?' is in quotes mean that it is a clue? If so, what does it mean? Or am I reading into things a little too much? :P

Oh god, a quick google search brings up a song by Slade called 'My Oh My'.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Leemanruss wrote:
Simon Hall on his Facebook page wrote:So all 3 Bloodstock headliners are now locked in ... bang tidy!

This is unusual for Bloodstock, in that I mean they have announced that they have booked all 3 headliners before actually announcing anything or announcing an announcement....

Also, does the fact that 'But my oh my... who could they be?' is in quotes mean that it is a clue? If so, what does it mean? Or am I reading into things a little too much? :P

I think 'My' 'Oh' and 'My' are the names of the girls in Babymetal.... :D

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 pm

I expected to be disappointed, but nothing close to something as BS as that.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Leemanruss wrote:

Genuinely concerned that it is Slade now :|

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:13 pm

from twitter

BLOODSTOCK ‏@BLOODSTOCKFEST 6m6 minutes ago

The wait is nearly over..tune in to @danielpcarter on the @radio1rockshow this Sunday to find out our FIRST #BLOODSTOCK2016 headliner!
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:19 pm

They will be announcing a headliner on Radio one rock show this sunday. Radio fucking one, for fucks sake. I'm giving up hope now.