Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby florencethemachine » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Smerphy wrote:
Soze wrote:Who on earth are Heart of a Coward? Some of the lower rung main stage bands seem particularly obscure this year.

Trendy Prog Metal, sort of like djent, as a fan of both djent and prog metal I'd have to say they're mediocre at best.

Apparently their newer material's metalcore elements are more prevalent, clean vocal chorus chuggy riffs etc.

I have watched them twice opening for other bands and I can confirm that they are very mediocre (at least to my tastes).

Definitely not the sort of band that the majority of the forum posters would give a shit about.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah they always were a bit more metalcorey than most other djent bands, I never really hear about them headlining their own gigs, only supporting more popular bands, so I can't imagine they have a huge following.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby patrickransom » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Didn't Heart of a Coward headline tech-fest last year?

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah, that was them. Pretty underwhelming reaction when they were announced though/
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:25 am

I'm eager for another announcement. Any idea when the next one is gonna be? When do they start announcing the Jager Stage acts?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 am

Hoping for an announcement today. Only five weeks until the festival and a lot of bands to announce yet so surely they need to be getting on with it?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:50 am

cheesemason wrote:Hoping for an announcement today. Only five weeks until the festival and a lot of bands to announce yet so surely they need to be getting on with it?

It clearly means there's no well known names to be announced as they would have been announced already if they had any crowd pulling capacity in the slightest; expect the remaining 2 bands on the Friday main stage to be on the level of Cambion or Heart Of A Coward, or the other nobodies from previous years that have managed to get on the main stage - Stormbringer, Snakebite, Beholder, Malefice, I Am I, The Defiled, Bonded By Blood, blah blah.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 am

bloodfiend wrote:
cheesemason wrote:Hoping for an announcement today. Only five weeks until the festival and a lot of bands to announce yet so surely they need to be getting on with it?

It clearly means there's no well known names to be announced

Just gotta hope for a few gems to be discovered in there

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Surely soon we should get a swathe of New Blood bands and Jager stage announced and the last RJD and SL bands announced. Then leave it 2 weeks for the set times/site mape etc announcement
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:35 am

I reckon we probably have 3 announcements left - 2 for bands, and 1 for the set times.

I suspect the two remaining main stage bands will get bundled with some sophie bands. Then, the final M2TM bands get bundled with the remainder of Thursday night's entertainment.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:25 am

I'm guessing there's been no word on who will be doing the DJing? It'll probably be the usual lot, but we can hope...

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 am

I really don't understand why they are waiting for the last announcements. Even if they are all smaller bands, the earlier they announce them, the more time people have to check them out meaning they are more likely to go see them during the festival so the better it will be for the smaller bands.

I really don't imagine they aren't booked at this late stage, so just announce them

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:39 pm

I have settled on what was announced so far and have planned my bands/drinking accordingly.

As my drinking to bands ratio is pretty steep I would welcome a few more bands I want to see.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:09 am

cheesemason wrote:I really don't understand why they are waiting for the last announcements. Even if they are all smaller bands, the earlier they announce them, the more time people have to check them out meaning they are more likely to go see them during the festival so the better it will be for the smaller bands.

I really don't imagine they aren't booked at this late stage, so just announce them

Part of me thinks it's to entice people who are on the fence at the last minute so as to nudge them over the line before they realize that the last few bands are not much special.

I get your point though, I want to know my weekend now :lol:

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 am

I dont think this is particularly likely given that the final bands for the main stage tend to be on the smaller size but if the 2 they have left are actually decent sized bands with draw they might be waiting to announce them to generate maximum hype just before the fest