Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 pm

houston4044 wrote:What I meant is that Venom are known for demanding a lot (£££) even though they are not the draw they used to be in the early 80's. 3rd is probably about right but I bet they demanded more than usual for bands in that slot; that and they haven't played the UK for awhile so hard to know what they're pulling power would be.

If BOA booked MM as well (who would be quite a large leap in terms of acts who've preceded him) then that'd be two big (and probably) expensive gambles in one year. I can't see BOA taking those gambles both in one year.

Hene my logic, we already have Venom, so we won't get Manson :P

Ah, I'm following your logic now. Thing I see with that though is that Bloodstock doesn't NEED Venom as much as want them so unless they fit their traditional payment structure which is surely crucial after this years event which can't have done very well based off of the crowd I saw, the space in the campsites and the relatively insignificant ticket price rise.

I dunno Manson has been doing academy tours of late he's not in his prime and his relevance is diminished. Since he's still gigging either promoters are willing to take a loss on his shows or his fee has been revised after his rather dramatic meltdown.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

cthulhu

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:02 pm

to clarify i appreciate any price rise on tickets is going to earn them a nice bit extra but if you lose 10% or more of your audience it doesn't really matter if you raised the price a little higher.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Listened to the new Amorphis album today, it'd be great if they get announced for next year. They haven't played since 2013 and have a new album to support.

It'd be very nice for those of us who didn't realise they were playing Wembley with Nightwish and Arch Enemy until it had already sold out :ugh:
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

cthulhu

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:31 pm

RB2610 wrote:Listened to the new Amorphis album today, it'd be great if they get announced for next year. They haven't played since 2013 and have a new album to support.

It'd be very nice for those of us who didn't realise they were playing Wembley with Nightwish and Arch Enemy until it had already sold out :ugh:

It's already my album of the year, not a single band still performing that i enjoy more than Amorphis these days, although 2013 doesn't seem very long ago.

And yeah that Nightwish show was harsh, I was waiting for a proper headliner set from them this year instead I had the option to travel 300 miles to London to see them do 45 minutes or nothing...very disappointing.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:37 pm

cthulhu wrote:Ah, I'm following your logic now. Thing I see with that though is that Bloodstock doesn't NEED Venom as much as want them so unless they fit their traditional payment structure which is surely crucial after this years event which can't have done very well based off of the crowd I saw, the space in the campsites and the relatively insignificant ticket price rise.

I dunno Manson has been doing academy tours of late he's not in his prime and his relevance is diminished. Since he's still gigging either promoters are willing to take a loss on his shows or his fee has been revised after his rather dramatic meltdown.

Well the flipside to that coin is that after this year maybe BOA have erred at the ticket sales and are going to compensate with bigger traditional acts; I'd say Venom (legacy wise at least, maybe not as they are now) fit that perfectly.

The thing is with Manson is that I'd doubt he'd draw many of his own fans to BOA and I can't see many people who "like but would only see at a festival" being drawn to BOA. Plus, speaking to a Manson fan friend of mine (I know, I associate with Manson fans :P ) he may be playing smaller venues but the price of a ticket has risen above inflation; so his demands probably haven't changed, he's just charging more from fewer people to compensate :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:40 am

VizardAmata wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:Possible first time headliners -Just off the top of my head...

Nightwish
Savatage (at a push)
Volbeat
Manowar
Judas Priest
Helloween (reunion)
Scorpions
Korn
Marilyn Manson
Masterdon
Merciful Fate
Ozzy Osbourne
Nine inch Nails (!)
Watain (soon)
Sabaton (soon)
Babymetal (while they are around)
Malemsteen (maybe?)

Oh and I forgot...

Tool
Danzig

I'm sure there are more out there too. So if you start mixing the odd repeat band in with that lot you could keep going with the festival - in the same vain as it has been recently - for years.

Just want to throw Ministry into this. I'd love to see them.

Yes!!! Me too, they're at Wacken and think they'd be great at Bloodstock

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 am

I did expect Nightwish this year to be honest. I would be surprised if they don't make it next year.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am

I can see Twisted Sister being announced for the Sunday......
You should try being dead...

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:07 am

Bio-Zombi wrote:I can see Twisted Sister being announced for the Sunday......

Really hope this happens.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Warlock wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Just want to throw Ministry into this. I'd love to see them.

We tend to get some Wacken bands here, so it's definitely possible. Fingers crossed!

Ministry & Judas Priest as two of the headliners? Oh go on then. :D
Last edited by VizardAmata on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Are Ministry actually headliner sized? I've never seen them tour or anything, but I'm not sure I hear enough about them to think they could headline. I'd say Special Guest is more likely, but I dunno I don't really pay attention to them much.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Last time they played Manchester Academy 2. Mid afternoon slot at most.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Warlock wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Just want to throw Ministry into this. I'd love to see them.

We tend to get some Wacken bands here, so it's definitely possible. Fingers crossed!

Ministry & Judas Priest as two of the headlienrs? Oh go on then. :D

Yeah thats what I was thinking, that would be amazing! But like others have said I don't think Ministry are big enough to headline

Skippy wrote:Are Ministry actually headliner sized? I've never seen them tour or anything, but I'm not sure I hear enough about them to think they could headline. I'd say Special Guest is more likely, but I dunno I don't really pay attention to them much.

I wouldn't of said so no, quite a hard one to judge because I'm not sure popular they are these days, would off thought about 3rd or 4th down?

Gandalf the Red wrote:Last time they played Manchester Academy 2. Mid afternoon slot at most.

Hmm a bit low down I would of thought, Academy's are still quite big aren't they?

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:54 pm

Bio-Zombi wrote:I can see Twisted Sister being announced for the Sunday......

Would of thought they would be a special guest now, would be a very strong booking though!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:14 am

Warlock wrote:
Skippy wrote:Are Ministry actually headliner sized? I've never seen them tour or anything, but I'm not sure I hear enough about them to think they could headline. I'd say Special Guest is more likely, but I dunno I don't really pay attention to them much.

I wouldn't of said so no, quite a hard one to judge because I'm not sure popular they are these days, would off thought about 3rd or 4th down?

Gandalf the Red wrote:Last time they played Manchester Academy 2. Mid afternoon slot at most.

Hmm a bit low down I would of thought, Academy's are still quite big aren't they?

Academy 2 is 900 capacity.