Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Hopefully none of them.

If Trivium was a step in the wrong direction then any one of those four bands would most likely be the final nail in the coffin for my attendance.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:I would rather eat my own shit than see Arch Enemy.

Yes. But....

:P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Love 5FDP and dont mind Disturbed ( who I havn't seen) so either would do me

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Hopefully none of them.

If Trivium was a step in the wrong direction then any one of those four bands would most likely be the final nail in the coffin for my attendance.

Similar feeling here, as much as the under card is normally pretty reasonable I think getting this sort of headliner is very off putting and an obvious step in which direction the booking team want to go. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:21 am

As it didn't seem to work this year, maybe next year the booking team will steer away from that sort of thing. Probably not though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 am

Disturbed? I think they'll be ruled out for this year (at least), I can't see them blowing their reunion hype at BOA, I imagine DL would throw more money at it and provide a bigger platform for their inevitable UK tour.

Annihilator have their UK tour this week, I wonder if they'll be a part of any announcement, their tour will be finished/ pretty much sold up so have nothing holding them back.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:05 am

Nah. They want to get paid. :lol:

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:32 am

I must admit-i'm fearing the first few announcements a bit,i don't think they sold as many tickets this year which means they could go the tried and tested route(Arch Enemy,Dimmu,C.O.B),take a gamble on something popular but controversial(FFDP,Disturbed),or try and claw back a few of the fans they have lost with maybe Twisted Sister or Blind Guardian.
I honestly think that they need a fresher looking lineup with as few of the usual suspects as possible and a few rarities thrown in.They also need to improve the Sophie Stage lineup and not litter it with so many no-name bands.
Anyway-i'm holding off early-bird until the lineup takes more shape.
C'mon Bloodstock-use your imagination this year...

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 am

mathewxentrix88 wrote:I must admit-i'm fearing the first few announcements a bit,i don't think they sold as many tickets this year which means they could go the tried and tested route(Arch Enemy,Dimmu,C.O.B),take a gamble on something popular but controversial(FFDP,Disturbed),or try and claw back a few of the fans they have lost with maybe Twisted Sister or Blind Guardian.
I honestly think that they need a fresher looking lineup with as few of the usual suspects as possible and a few rarities thrown in.They also need to improve the Sophie Stage lineup and not litter it with so many no-name bands.
Anyway-i'm holding off early-bird until the lineup takes more shape.
C'mon Bloodstock-use your imagination this year...

It's going to be interesting. All I can say is if they go down the route of getting more and more mainstream (more than just last year's one or two mainstream bands, the undercard was solid) my attendance won't be guaranteed. There's such a proliferation of cheaper, better festivals on the continent each year, and with air travel and the cost of living while over there being so cheap (e.g. masters of rock last year - £70 flight, £37 ticket for four days and camping, £1 a pint and food), I'd rather go to a more solid festival than just to bloodstock for the sake of it.

And hopefully Arch Enemy won't be announced, bad enough they're supporting Nightwish at Wembley!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:I would rather eat my own shit than see Arch Enemy.

Yes. But....

:P

You find that attractive? She has a face like a slapped arse.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 am

She's nether attractive or ugly, just a completely average looking girl who you wouldn't look twice at if she walked past you in the street.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 pm

So they posted on F.B that they have a headliner locked in that has NEVER played Bloodstock before.
My guess is Mastodon.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:14 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:So they posted on F.B that they have a headliner locked in that has NEVER played Bloodstock before.
My guess is Mastodon.

It could be worse than Mastodon I suppose but I really hope it isn't them.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:33 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:So they posted on F.B that they have a headliner locked in that has NEVER played Bloodstock before.
My guess is Mastodon.

Babymetal :yes:

But seriously, hopefully Priest, more likely something a bit shite and disappointing like Five Finger Death Punch.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm

If they book Mastodon then any respect that I have for the bookers will well and truely be gone. They have stated that they hate Heavy Metal, so booking them for "Britains biggest Heavy Metal festival" (their words) would be an insult to everyone that likes Metal.