Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby cheesemason » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 am

patrickransom wrote:So that makes 3 bands playing albums in full over the weekend, interesting

Has it been said anywhere that's what Fear Factory are doing?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:08 am

patrickransom wrote:So that makes 3 bands playing albums in full over the weekend, interesting

Does it?

Who said FF are doing Demanufacture?

That tour is for the 20 year anniversary in 2015, no evidence to suggest they're carrying it on into next year yet.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:08 am

bloodfiend wrote:Funny placings - FF below Paradise Lost....surely FF are bigger???

And Symphony X appear to have nudged Satyricon down one place. If that means Symphony X are in the 3rd from top slot, then it's way too high for them, although I'm kinda glad Satyricon got moved down, as it means they'll just play Nemesis Divina and not have time for any new rubbish!

True, but it now means having to watch them play a Black Metal classic in broad daylight. At least with 3rd from top there was a chance it would at least be getting a little but dark.

patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby patrickransom » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:10 am

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/20 ... stock-2016

This is where I read it, they could be wrong though

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 am

But of course that's not all, the industrial legends will be playing their iconic album Demanufacture in its entirety at Catton Park. "We are pleased that we’ve been invited to play Bloodstock once more," says vocalist Burton C Bell, "and we are looking forward to dying again this summer."

hmmm, so that's what it says on the Metal Hammer page, have to wait for the announcement on here to get that confirmed.

With the album being 55 minutes long, that would mean the 4th down slot for Fear Factory would need to be at least an hour if this happens.

Much as I'd love them to play the whole of Deman at BOA, I'm a bit sceptical, as it means playing the hideous A Therapy For Pain as the final song, which would end things in a really dull way. Still the whole of Deman would be massively preferable to their production line festival set we've all seen a billion times before, saw that at Metal Days and it was an absolute yawn fest.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:18 am

Well that's annoying if true, just saw them play it Sunday. Would of preferred a standard set list with a few gems thrown in.

Symphony X sound pretty good actually, but the best news is Acid Reign headlining the Sophie stage, will be awesome :D

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:19 am

bloodfiend wrote:
But of course that's not all, the industrial legends will be playing their iconic album Demanufacture in its entirety at Catton Park. "We are pleased that we’ve been invited to play Bloodstock once more," says vocalist Burton C Bell, "and we are looking forward to dying again this summer."

hmmm, so that's what it says on the Metal Hammer page, have to wait for the announcement on here to get that confirmed.

With the album being 55 minutes long, that would mean the 4th down slot for Fear Factory would need to be at least an hour if this happens.

Much as I'd love them to play the whole of Deman at BOA, I'm a bit sceptical, as it means playing the hideous A Therapy For Pain as the final song, which would end things in a really dull way. Still the whole of Deman would be massively preferable to their production line festival set we've all seen a billion times before, saw that at Metal Days and it was an absolute yawn fest.

Whole of Demanufacture minus Therapy for Pain would fit almost perfectly and be an improvement, so fingers crossed.

Wouldn't be surprised if MH have it wrong though

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:21 am

Never seen Acid Reign so really looking forward to bouncing around the Sophie tent to Humanoia and the Magic Roundabout! :D
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:22 am

5/14 I like, only one unmissable one for me (Satyricon playing Nemesis Divina) - yeah I'm really not convinced I'm going to bother with Bloodstock this year. Shame that the Satyricon one is exclusive.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:27 am

jwh20 wrote:5/13 I like, only one unmissable one for me (Satyricon playing Nemesis Divina) - yeah I'm really not convinced I'm going to bother with Bloodstock this year. Shame that the Satyricon one is exclusive.

Despite the repeats, it looks extremely strong for me so far, much better than the last few years.

Only downers for me are Mastodon, and the fact Behemoth are playing all of The Satanist (love the band, but playing the whole of that album is gonna mean omitted loads of absolutely killer songs).

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:31 am

Bizza wrote:Announcement 11am tomorrow, hoping for no repeats and no thrash. We'll probably get both.

Called it, Boodstock announcements are fucking tediously predictable these days.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:32 am

Ah confirmed in the email:

First up for a main stage add are FEAR FACTORY! Hot from their 20th Anniversary tour for their classic album ‘Demanufacture’ this week, the band will be playing their ‘Demanufacture’ set one more time at BLOODSTOCK! If you missed it, don’t miss out this time!

Sweet.

And Acid Reign headlining the Saturday on the Sophie, hopefully this means they're be on at the same time as Mastodon.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 am

Must See: 4
Good bookings: 6
Alright, might give them a watch: 4
Avoid: 0

Going well for me so far, worth ticket price so far

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Saturday has just got even better :) Saw Fear Factory play Demanufacture on sunday and they fucking killed it :D Glad they are on saturday as i was only interested in that day anyway but this has just confirmed my attendance :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Happy with this announcement :D Missed Fear Factory on their recent Demanufacture tour so this is a great chance to catch them!

Bloodstock also confirmed in the Facebook comments that Fear Factory will be doing Demanufacture :)