Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Skippy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Finally an actually proper announcement. Good to see an announcement without a band that played two years ago for once.

Symphony X would really excite me last year, but as I should be seeing them soon, I'm not as fussed as I should be. Still, an excellent addition.

Fear Factory suck. Have done for a long time. Pretty much just the kind of band I'd expect Bloodstock to add though, so no real shock, and at least they aren't taking up a big slot. Hopefully they've picked up a bit since the last couple of times I've seen them.

Acid Reign aren't really a band I know much about. Not a thrash fan, but given them a listen and they seem ok. Probably won't bother watching them, but a good announcement for the festival.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:51 pm

6 out of 11 for me. And all 6 of those are very strong bands for me. Kudos to Bloodstock for not giving me much to complain about this year, and heaven knows I love to complain.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Skippy wrote:Finally an actually proper announcement. Good to see an announcement without a band that played two years ago for once.

Symphony X would really excite me last year, but as I should be seeing them soon, I'm not as fussed as I should be. Still, an excellent addition.

Fear Factory suck. Have done for a long time. Pretty much just the kind of band I'd expect Bloodstock to add though, so no real shock, and at least they aren't taking up a big slot. Hopefully they've picked up a bit since the last couple of times I've seen them.

Acid Reign aren't really a band I know much about. Not a thrash fan, but given them a listen and they seem ok. Probably won't bother watching them, but a good announcement for the festival.

Funny that you say Fear Factory suck but you think Symphony X are great lol

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Looking good for me so far:

Must See: Twisted Sister, Behemoth, Venom, Paradise Lost, Fear Factory, Anthrax, Acid Reign
Good bookings: Slayer, Rotting Christ, Satyricon
Alright, might give them a watch: Dragonforce, Symphony X
Avoid: Mastodon, Gojira
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

StonerWizzard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby StonerWizzard » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Fear Factory and Symphony X are 2 bands I'll happily watch but don't really care about.

Never listened to Acid Reign, if they're clashing with Mastodon they don't really have a chance with me.
actual hipster emo scum that still thinks his views on metal are worth commenting. deafheaven, baroness, blind guardian, kvelertak and converge pls

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Nothing for me with this announcement, Don't like Fear Factory or Acid Reign, may give Symphony X a watch out of curiosity but nothing more than that.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:05 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
And Acid Reign headlining the Saturday on the Sophie, hopefully this means they're be on at the same time as Mastodon.

It will probably be like this year where the Sophie headliners started well after the RJD headliners. Great if you want to see both the bands, crap if you want a real alternative.
Didn't see any of the headlines this year because I wandered off out of the arena and wasn't up to making the effort to come back.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Killing_time wrote:Funny that you say Fear Factory suck but you think Symphony X are great lol

What's funny about that? Fear Factory do suck and Symphony X are great!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:02 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Funny placings - FF below Paradise Lost....surely FF are bigger???

And Symphony X appear to have nudged Satyricon down one place. If that means Symphony X are in the 3rd from top slot, then it's way too high for them, although I'm kinda glad Satyricon got moved down, as it means they'll just play Nemesis Divina and not have time for any new rubbish!

Last album chart positions for each band

Fear Factory - 31
Paradise Lost - 51
Symphony X - 80
Satyricon - 129

Doesn't tell the whole story of course but there's a case for FF and PL being the wrong way around. FF have been consistently more popular throughout their career. Could just be logistics though. Symphony X have a bigger fan base than Satyricon (a lot of this forum seem to live in some alternate universe where black and death metal bands are actually really popular!) so that seems to make perfect sense to me.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Soze wrote: Symphony X have a bigger fan base than Satyricon (a lot of this forum seem to live in some alternate universe where black and death metal bands are actually really popular!) so that seems to make perfect sense to me.

In what universe? While I agree that some bands are not appreciated for how big they are, the last time Symphony X toured, according to my mate who's a massive fan, their Manchester gig had about 100 people there
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Soze wrote:
Killing_time wrote:Funny that you say Fear Factory suck but you think Symphony X are great lol

What's funny about that? Fear Factory do suck and Symphony X are great!

:yes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:11 am

very happy with all the anouncements so far, bravo bloodstock, superb looking line up so far

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 am

Blake_Porter wrote:6 out of 11 for me. And all 6 of those are very strong bands for me. Kudos to Bloodstock for not giving me much to complain about this year, and heaven knows I love to complain.

Start complaining about the lack of things to complain about?

someone else wrote:
Soze wrote: Symphony X have a bigger fan base than Satyricon (a lot of this forum seem to live in some alternate universe where black and death metal bands are actually really popular!) so that seems to make perfect sense to me.

In what universe? While I agree that some bands are not appreciated for how big they are, the last time Symphony X toured, according to my mate who's a massive fan, their Manchester gig had about 100 people there

Answers my question of "how big are Symphony X"

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Would Satryicon attract a crowd in Manchester? They played to about 50 in Bristol once! I'm going purely through chart positions there, SX's last album charted some 49 places higher than the last Satyricon did. Both are small fry in the grand scheme of things!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Soze wrote:Would Satryicon attract a crowd in Manchester?

Sold out there last couple of gigs up here - both 500 capacity places. Not exactly stadiums but compared to Symphony X they're a bigger draw. Chart positions mean very little these days
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11