Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Skippy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:51 pm

We usually don't get any till February do we?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

frishnit
Lowly Peon

Postby frishnit » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello, newbie poster, long time attender (since 07!).

Got my Metal Hammer subscription yesterday and it has an article written by Barney Greenway; at the end of the section, it announces "Napalm Death will play Bloodstock Open Air this August." As subscribers get their magazines a week in advance, I reckon we'll have an announcement pretty soon.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:51 am

Are you sure that it was this years magazine as they played last August? :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 am

Skippy wrote:We usually don't get any till February do we?

pretty sure in 2014 we had the Sophie headliners in January, think we got an announcement last January as well

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Soze wrote:
So how do you all listen to music? I'd hate to think that everyone just torrents all their favourite stuff nowadays. I'm aware that music sales have taken a hit but have some morals people!

To me it's not a matter of morals at all. I spend as much as I can afford on music, and it goes on gigs, merch, and festivals. I've spent thousands on the music industry even though I'm yet to have a job, and that is all thanks to torrents giving me the ability to get really into Metal without the ridiculous barrier to entry buying everything I've listened to would be, especially as someone who bothers to listen to all sub genres of metal, not just the lighter stuff or just the heavier stuff.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:17 am

Spotify is a godsend. It has a very wide range of music on there, including plenty of niche stuff. I tolerate the ads every 2-3 songs as I probably can't quite justify the monthly subscription fee. I know bands don't get paid well out of it, but they get more than if I just torrented their stuff.

To me, it makes more sense to spend money on the smaller, weirder bands we like and use services such as Spotify to keep up with the bigger bands' releases.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Nothing wrong with using Spotify at all tbh.

It's free and is ideal to check out bands before seeing them ro purchasing a CD.

Certainly with me I find that there's some people I knwo can reccomend a band to me and I'm 99% likely to like them but then there are others who are 90% likely I won't enjoy them and others where it could go either way.

I'm not gonna go spending a tenner here, tenner there etc on a whim when I'm 50% or higher sure I won't like them much.

There's some I've found that I really like and have since purchased CDs and seeing them.

There's also other artists such as Elton Johna nd the recently departed David Bowie whom I may typically own a "Best Of" compilation CD and that'll do for my tastes more or less but with Spotify I can listen to other songs in addition to the big hitters.

Recently I've seen loads of people creaming over Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes. So many that there's a mixture of whom I'd usually listen to their reccomendations or not.

Spotify has allowed me to listen to them properly without spending out on something I may not have liked.

As it turns out I actually like it, nothing amazing to justify the hype but certainly a load better than Pierce The Veil and other shit that gets raved up.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Bearstock wrote:As it turns out I actually like it, nothing amazing to justify the hype but certainly a load better than Pierce The Veil and other shit that gets raved up.

Can't remember the last time I went off a media recommendation and it actually turned out to be good. Usually I just listen to see how bad an act they think they can push :lol:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:29 am

Facebook update from BOA to say keep our eyes open as another announcement is imminent!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:10 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Facebook update from BOA to say keep our eyes open as another announcement is imminent!

Yup, was just coming in here to share that too. So, either this week or next I think?

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:44 pm

If it's this week I'm calling Black Dahlia Murder.

Just noticed that the lineup page has changed so Dragonforce are now on Sunday (above Satyricon as well) and Rotting Christ aren't there at all.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Skippy wrote:If it's this week I'm calling Black Dahlia Murder.

Just noticed that the lineup page has changed so Dragonforce are now on Sunday (above Satyricon as well) and Rotting Christ aren't there at all.

I'm happy with Dragonforce moving over because I didn't think they were high enough on the bill! (assuming they stay 4th from top on the Sunday)

I hope Rotting Christ are still playing. If they have pulled out, then I hope Bloodstock make an official announcement to say so, unlike a few previous occasions.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Which goes to show how out of touch the bookers are. Satyricon still have a legendary status even though their best days are well past them. Dragonforce are lucky to even be mainstage these days. I don't know anyone that still likes them, even the Power Metal fans.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Facebook update from BOA to say keep our eyes open as another announcement is imminent!

Yup, was just coming in here to share that too. So, either this week or next I think?

Tuesday, timing unknown yet.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Which goes to show how out of touch the bookers are. Satyricon still have a legendary status even though their best days are well past them. Dragonforce are lucky to even be mainstage these days. I don't know anyone that still likes them, even the Power Metal fans.

Lucky to be Mainstage? They are still a big band, albeit not as big as they once were. I like them and I am a power metal fan. I think they get too much stick for their guitar hero thing and the one bad world tour that was 10 years ago.

They have a new(ish) singer, 2 new albums with him, which showcase some of the best songwriting that they have accomplished to date with a much more focussed approach (ie, shorter solos).

I don't understand why they still haven't managed to shake of the hate that they had 8-10 years ago when they are still going today stronger than ever.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19