Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby jwh20 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Don't suppose it's Judas Priest? My hopes were for Devin Townsend, Nightwish and Priest, but think it will be Mastodon, Nightwish and Priest

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:If they book Mastodon then any respect that I have for the bookers will well and truely be gone. They have stated that they hate Heavy Metal, so booking them for "Britains biggest Heavy Metal festival" (their words) would be an insult to everyone that likes Metal.

Brent stated that he hates metal, and he's a well-known cunt and his singing is shite, the rest of the band are good. :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:07 pm

The rest of the band may well be "good". But I would prefer people who publicly hate and ridicule the music not to be booked.

It's a bit like Liverpool signing Wayne Rooney after he's slagged the club and fans off for the last 15 years. He might be one of the best players in the world, but nobody would want him here.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Aye fair enough. They're shite live anyway and would probably be a bad headliner, headliners are better when it's a band you know are grateful to headline.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:The rest of the band may well be "good". But I would prefer people who publicly hate and ridicule the music not to be booked.

That's a very similar argument to the one about Emperor not playing because the festival has a stage named after Sophie Lancaster. I'd say get anyone in as long as they are a good booking, although there aren't many of those left.

Bit worried that they feel the need to post this. Most headliners haven't played before in recent years. I'd also have thought they long ago had headliners booked, bit late isn't it? Also, when are we getting announcements? Thought we might have one today but no.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Skippy wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:The rest of the band may well be "good". But I would prefer people who publicly hate and ridicule the music not to be booked.

That's a very similar argument to the one about Emperor not playing because the festival has a stage named after Sophie Lancaster. I'd say get anyone in as long as they are a good booking, although there aren't many of those left.

Not really. It's like booking someone to talk about sci-fi and then telling them to "get a life you bunch of saddoes". :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Skippy wrote:

Bit worried that they feel the need to post this. Most headliners haven't played before in recent years. I'd also have thought they long ago had headliners booked, bit late isn't it? Also, when are we getting announcements? Thought we might have one today but no.

It'll be them getting everyone hyped for Priest again and then bringing in Five Finger Death Punch or something along those lines again.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Skippy wrote:

Not really. It's like booking someone to talk about sci-fi and then telling them to "get a life you bunch of saddoes". :lol:

Kind of, although a better analogy would be getting someone who wrote a sci-fi book to go to a sci-fi convention. They might not know anything about sci-fi, might have no interest in it, and might not class their work as it themselves, but it can be of interest to the fans. That kind of thing happens all the time, and it'd be no different here.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

house
Consort of the Beast

Postby house » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:08 am

So most of us are hoping judas priest will be announced as headliner, so nightwish it'll be then!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:16 am

house wrote:So most of us are hoping judas priest will be announced as headliner, so nightwish it'll be then!

Would love Nightwish, but they've played before.

In the comments in that facebook thread, the vast majority of comments were for Priest and Ghost.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 am

Ghost headlining would confirm my non attendance for a second consecutive year. What a pile of shit they are.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:14 am

Seriously doubt Ghost are big enough to headline. And I don't think Mastodon are big enough either.

Reckon this announcement refers to either Judas Priest, Manowar, Bullet for My Valentine or Steel Panther.

Also in contention: Korn, Marilyn Manson, Scorpions, Faith No More

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:02 am

If Steel Panther headline I may end up giving up altogether. Awful "band", and whilst I'd usually argue this sentence for most bands, they really don't belong at BOA unless it's on the Thursday. Would be a massive waste of a headline slot.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:07 am

They would also be far too big for a Thursday slot

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:20 am

I'm wondering whether the fact they have stated that "Delighted we have confirmed one of our 2016 HEADLINERS today, to get you thinking, this band have NEVER played Bloodstock previously...............??" means the other two headliners are repeats.

Twisted Sister please. :D