Bloodstock Attendance.

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Bloodstock Attendance.

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:04 am

With he Headliners all been to some extent 'mainstream metal' last year I was wondering; how did that affect ticket sales, and what impact will 2015 attendance have on this years festival?

Was there a dip in attendance last year? A plateau? Or an increase in foot-fall at bloodstock?

...And - if anyone actually has the answer to the above question - what will this mean for 2016?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Re: Bloodstock Attendance.

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Bloodstock is about as big as I think it can get whilst still maintaining its feel.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:39 pm

I didnt notice a difference but tbh as a random guy walking around I think there would have to be a fairly large change up or down for me to notice

Currently I think Bloodstock is near perfect in terms of size and would not like to see it grow to much

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:59 pm

It felt fuller than 14 but not as full as 13. I'm sure the official numbers will show a growth though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:02 pm

I didn't attend this year but I feel confident in saying that there was more than 12 people there. Possibly more than 14.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Beardy wrote:I didn't attend this year but I feel confident in saying that there was more than 12 people there. Possibly more than 14.

It was 13 but they were very clever with mirrors and holograms.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:38 am

Felt less busy than last year except for Sabaton when it seemed like people were coming out of the woodwork. I'd be surprised if attendance was up on last year tbh.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Not indicitive of attendance of course but t shirt wise there seemed a lot less t shirst for the headliners (Rob Zombie aside) than there were for say Emperor or of course Slayer.

Means nothing but can be irrationally argued that less people were there for the headliners than previous years?
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Could also be argued that people are finally realising that wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see is a little, well, sad :P

Now, where did I leave my popcorn? ;) :lol:

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Bearstock wrote:Not indicitive of attendance of course but t shirt wise there seemed a lot less t shirst for the headliners (Rob Zombie aside) than there were for say Emperor or of course Slayer.

Means nothing but can be irrationally argued that less people were there for the headliners than previous years?

The reason there were so many Rob Zombie shirts was because they were such cool designs.Did you see the one that said "Fuck Off" on the back?.How could anyone not want to buy that? :rolleyes:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:29 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:
Bearstock wrote:Not indicitive of attendance of course but t shirt wise there seemed a lot less t shirst for the headliners (Rob Zombie aside) than there were for say Emperor or of course Slayer.

The reason there were so many Rob Zombie shirts was because they were such cool designs.Did you see the one that said "Fuck Off" on the back?.How could anyone not want to buy that? :rolleyes:

Oh that''s what they were. I thought that somebody had a shipment of RATM T shirts left over from Reading or somewhere. :lol:

Thought the attendence was well down on recent years. More back to 2011 levels IMO.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Didn't go this year so I have no right to an opinion really but everyone I've spoken to who did go has said it was far less busy this year than normal. Is this the general opinion?

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 pm

If not less busy then at least no bigger crowd, at least in the arena since I didn't go into any of the normal camps this year.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:14 pm

I thought it was busier this year overall. Had a much better time as well this year, guess that's the weather that played a part in that too

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 am

I bought a Rob Zombie shirt, despite it being way over my acceptable limit at £25. It seemed a lot. But I will say the headliner and bloodstock shirts this year were MILES better than last year. The two Emperor shirts I bought last year were absolutely terrible quality. The fabric was way too thin, I had one even disintegrate on me practically after getting caught in the rain.

I thought there were a lot less people overall. I was surprised at Pro Pain's low turnout and I would have thought Sabaton would have had a much bigger draw. I seem to remember the turnout for Prong and Hatebreed in '14 being much bigger.

As for the headliners, I thought they were about the same as last year.