Deal Makers

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Thrashtildeath
Consort of the Beast

Re: Deal Makers

Postby Thrashtildeath » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:27 pm

A single band would only guarantee me a day ticket. But the 5 bands I would most like to see there are
Annihilator
Cage
Atrophy
Mercyful Fate
Artillery

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Vader
Deicide
Volbeat
Alestorm
Wretched Soul
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:27 am

A Forest of Stars.
Dragged into Sunlight.
Turbonegro.
Kvelertak.
Watain.
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 am

I like the way that some people will turn up just to see bands that play all the time, some of them in your local boozer. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Whately
Lowly Peon

Postby Whately » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Autopsy
Cattle Decapitation
Immolation
Portal
The Protomen

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:23 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I like the way that some people will turn up just to see bands that play all the time, some of them in your local boozer. :lol:

I do know what you mean, for example Terroriser and Brujeria are on my list and they played over here fairly recently, the thing is I have been broke alot recently, and the closest they're likely to play to me is either birmingham or bristol, which still requires a fair amount of money for petrol booking time off work etc, thats my excuse anyway!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:38 am

Warlock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I like the way that some people will turn up just to see bands that play all the time, some of them in your local boozer. :lol:

I do know what you mean, for example Terroriser and Brujeria are on my list and they played over here fairly recently, the thing is I have been broke alot recently, and the closest they're likely to play to me is either birmingham or bristol, which still requires a fair amount of money for petrol booking time off work etc, thats my excuse anyway!

I was more commenting on people thinking that bands such as Alestorm, Paradise Lost, Kvelertak and Wretched Soul are reasons to drop everything and buy a ticket. None of them are exactly rarities. I was expecting people to be asking for bands that haven't played for twenty odd years or never played the UK. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:55 am

Behemoth
Amorphis
At the Gates
Dark Tranquillity
Wintersun
Watain
Sleep
Kreator
Marduk
Mastodon
Judas Priest
Sonata Arctica
Hammerfall

The fact Amorphis have played in 2013 means i appreciate them not being booked again so soon but i'd still be very much in favour of it personally. And the fact Behemoth are there and doing the Satanist no less means i'm actually already decided, the rest comes down to how much i bitch about the line up (not likely to be the case since i'm pretty open to most sub-genres) between now and then.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 am

Fine then ye auld moanin git :lol: Ok how bout Autopsy, Neurosis, Gorguts, Stratovarius, Rotten Sound, Helloween. Not like they play that often now, I could always be outrageous and say Darkthrone, maybe they could come and play like the 3rd gig they've ever done. Now that would be a deal breaker haha :hug:

Ferrers1471
Lowly Peon

Postby Ferrers1471 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:37 am

Strong possibility I'm gonna be there anyway with the guys in armour hitting each other. Speaking for myself, I'd always go, provided Bloodstock carries on trying to provide a spread of bands. That said, the following would make my four days:

Manowar: (although we all know it's unlikely to happen, if for no other reason than Joey's ego would never fit on the Dio stage).

Dream Theater

Behemoth

Iced Earth

Hammerfall

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Kamelot,
Carcass,
Arch Enemy,
Rhapsody Of Fire,
Wintersun
Not a huge list but I'm not that easy going about how much a festival draws me in

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

It's just being realistic - I somehow don't think Autopsy, Grave Upheaval, Vassafor, Hellvetron, Weregoat, Impetuous Ritual, Corpsessed or Dalkhu are going to play any time soon. Doesn't mean that A Devin Townsend headline set, Dark Fortress, Satyricon, Nightwish, Anneke Van Giersbergen or an Immolation wouldn't sell it for me though.

BStobart wrote:Kamelot,
Carcass,
Arch Enemy,
Rhapsody Of Fire,
Wintersun
Not a huge list but I'm not that easy going about how much a festival draws me in

Fucking awful
Last edited by jwh20 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:03 am

For me:
Iron Savior
The Levitation Hex
Shrinebuilder
Voivod
[several smaller bands nobody else will care about]

And for the missis (likley, her taste is far more mainstream then I):
Blind Guardian