spirit bar / bigger selection of spirits

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
grimjim
Warrior of Metal

spirit bar / bigger selection of spirits

Postby grimjim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Just a notion here but seeing as the guest ales and ciders go down so well why not have more spirits, i personally love bourbon whiskey ( or similar ).
Some people when they hear a specific song or band will have a shot with friends for it.
Or maybe like me you tend to like to mix your tastes up a bit and on occasion dont order the same drink twice.
Festivals in general are about what you like and potentially finding something new and i feel this could go down a storm.
Just in case this idea goes down well, what would your spirit of choice be?
Or be critical about the idea id like to know how everyone else feels about this or if you think it is viable.
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: spirit bar / bigger selection of spirits

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Methylated and White.

:eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Given the complaints about which beers/ales/ciders are stocked can you imagine the whining if someone's favourite spirit wasn't stocked?
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:07 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Given the complaints about which beers/ales/ciders are stocked can you imagine the whining if someone's favourite spirit wasn't stocked?

Haha i hear that lol maybe initially a trial of a few different ones in the normal bar then maybe a poll or vote on the favourites and unlucky for the ones they dont keep id be willing to accept it purely on the basis they are there to cater for the crowd rather than the individual .
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Could even do a few cocktails perhaps with pitcher deals.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 am

I like the idea, but I imagine the prices would be ridiculous. Jagers already a bit over the top for me other than one or two a day and they sponsor the place.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 am

Jobdone wrote:I like the idea, but I imagine the prices would be ridiculous. Jagers already a bit over the top for me other than one or two a day and they sponsor the place.

Yeah - reckon you'd pay around a tenner for a spirit and mixer and few are going to go for that.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Much as I like my spirits, it's a bit of a non starter at a festival, I think.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:17 pm

The only way I could see it being viable is for someone like Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's being a sponsor and selling a selection of their own brands from a dedicated stall. I know they do it at other festivals. But you won't get other brands or types of spirits that way. And the price won't exactly be cheap.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:The only way I could see it being viable is for someone like Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's being a sponsor and selling a selection of their own brands from a dedicated stall. I know they do it at other festivals. But you won't get other brands or types of spirits that way. And the price won't exactly be cheap.

I like the sound of that to be fair can kinda see what everyones sayin about prices though :-S

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:40 pm

It's a good idea, but yes; price.

They could give it a trial run in the VIP area though. But other than that small role out I can't see it happening. There could be sponsorship issues with the existing brand(s) too.

But, I'd be glad if they gave it a shot. (ahem)

Aged single malt whisky is mine btw.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Cocktail bars at Wacken were pretty popular. Although a little expensive.... 6.50EUR for a Cuba Libre.

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Cocktail bars at Wacken were pretty popular. Although a little expensive.... 6.50EUR for a Cuba Libre.

Thats where the pitcher deals could come in or x amount of drinks for a deal, people would all chip in to get a deal if it made it a tad cheaper....... However dont think it would aid the amount of wasps about lol

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:41 am

There's a selection of Real Ales atm because its fashionable, which spirits aren't, so no incentive to provide and would imagine its also not cost effective and harder to transport in bulk. When ales go out of fashion again, I'd imagine we'd be back to one lager, one bitter, one fruit based drink for the ladies...
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Would be well expensive as has been said and why pay over the odds for a shitty measure when you can have various spirits at your campsite and drink as much as you like?
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5