Personal opinions on VIP

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Personal opinions on VIP

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Illwish wrote:As above. I've paid less than £100 for full festivals with decent bars, toilets, ability to park next to your tent (and that's before we get to line-ups). Never-mind a bloody 'upgrade' on a £135 ticket.

Anyone considering VIP would be better off using the money to go to a festival in mainland Europe.

:yes: Pretty much this.

I never VIPed, the thought crossed my mind but here's the catch: I wouldn't spend a penny in the bar because its alot of money even still. Toilets I go in too rekt to care. I would probably be in no fit state to drive a vehicle home so ill be arriving by train. So really the only thing I would be benefiting from is a good nights sleep which I am a bit of a night guy at these things so I really wouldn't benefit at all. Ill be up when the heat is trapped in my tent/the rain is hitting my tent/the wind is trying to pull up my tent etc etc.

Might just be worth getting a hotel with a couple of people, but ill cross that bridge when I get to it. Thur-Sat can't cost that much can it? Anyone hotel wish to shine a light on this?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Turbo wrote:Anyone hotel wish to shine a light on this?

I used to stay in a hotel for Bloodstock. The Holiday Inn Express in Lichfield is currently 53 quid/night. The one in Burton will be similar. The Premier Inn is slightly closer, but much more downmarket. In the early days, you used to be able to get them for a tenner a night on an early booking deal, but they cottoned on pretty quickly and ramped the prices up for the Bloodstock weekend. It's over 100 quid/night now. I'd recommend one of the Holiday Inns instead (which also come with breakfast included in the rate).
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

I'm staying in the Tamworth Central Travelodge and paid a total of £128 for the four days of the festival; that price is still available. I used the same place in 2013 and its a 15 minute drive from the festival car park (I also bumped into Death Angel in the lobby there on the day they played the main stage).

It might also be worth having a look at the Amber Guest House in Alrewas, around 5 minutes drive from the site. I stayed there this year and I think its around £55 per night. If there any spaces its well worth it and you'll probably find the other guests are festival goers, so you'll probably be able to share lifts to and from the site.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 am

wow! you just saved me £124! thanks phuqsticks

if anyone has a spare seat from tamworth central i would pay petrol money as the taxi drivers are thieves
Last edited by Baldy77 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:38 am

although i went VIP in 2011 and enjoyed it but it may have changed

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Baldy77 wrote:wow! you just saved me £124! thanks phuqsticks

if anyone has a spare seat from tamworth central i would pay petrol money as the taxi drivers are thieves

My pleasure. If you happen to bump into a middle-aged dude wearing a variety of Sophie Lancaster Foundation wrist bands, mine's a pint!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Hmm looks like you'd spend a fortune on taxis. That place in Alrewas could be a winner though. My job took me there once. Just around the corner. 3 miles is walkable too. I think ill see what my cash is doing first and make the decision.

Im not full on allergic to forking out for vip, just feel some of the perks don't really affect me that much. The shit in the VIP tent does have appeal.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:55 am

Turbo wrote:Hmm looks like you'd spend a fortune on taxis. That place in Alrewas could be a winner though. My job took me there once. Just around the corner. 3 miles is walkable too. I think ill see what my cash is doing first and make the decision.

Im not full on allergic to forking out for vip, just feel some of the perks don't really affect me that much. The shit in the VIP tent does have appeal.

I stayed at the place in Alrewas this year and if they have any availability the other residents will be festival goers, so you'd be able to arrange lifts

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:34 am

Just booked VIP for this year. I got money from folk for my birthday so I only paid the cost of my standard ticket.

Looking forward to seeing the differences from Valhalla last year.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:20 am

VIP ticket arrived today, 4 days between payment and receipt. Pretty damn impressed

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Got my VIP ticket for the 7th time
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

LouciferSpeaks
Warrior of Metal

Postby LouciferSpeaks » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:08 am

I VIP'ed for the first time last year (after winning tickets in the Hobgoblin M2TM voting competition). I found it to be a really good experience and have opted to pay the extra money and do it again this year.

We drive up and always end up bringing a ridiculous amount of stuff (most of it is cider-shaped), so having the car park right next to the camping site is brilliant. I've done too many years of lugging heavy stuff from the main car park to Valhalla, Asgard or Midgard. I love trying out the different beverages in the VIP bar and I don't think I queued for a toilet during the entire weekend (which is quite an exciting thing for a lady!). Having the showers available for most of the weekend was also good.

There was also a nice, chilled atmosphere in the campsite. I don't know if it's like that every year... I'm hoping so!
Rum.

Last.fm - just in case you want to see what I'm listening to.

TMc
Lowly Peon

Postby TMc » Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi

What's amount of space like in VIP? The comments in the ticket section that you must only bring a tent matching the number of people suggests that you can't take a slightly bigger tent. For us it would be 2 or 3 sharing a 6 man tent with a middle porch section to the tent.

Thanks

T

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Fri May 06, 2016 1:42 pm

They had space problems last year and stopped letting people in at one point whilst the area was extended. We had 3 of us last year in a tent for more people but doing so actually takes up less space than taking individual tents.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 am

The lack of space is my concern for this as I am doing VIP for the first time this year and the thought of space problems is a hassle I don't need.

The 7am bus from Glasgow gets me down to BOA at approx 1.00pm on the Thursday so I am hoping I can get in, get my 2 man tent pitched and relax.