Bloodstock 2016 rumours

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Raven
Leather Rebel

Re: Bloodstock 2016 rumours

Postby Raven » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Last in line announcing tour dates soon?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Raven wrote:Last in line announcing tour dates soon?

That'll be cool. How different is the lineup from Dio Disciples that played 2012?

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Green Man III wrote:

That'll be cool. How different is the lineup from Dio Disciples that played 2012?

Entirely. Last in Line were basically the original band that recorded the early Dio albums (apart from Ronnie himself obviously!). Vivian Campbell, Jimmy Bain, Vinny Appice and Claude Schnell with a different vovalist. Sadly Jimmy Bain has since died so I'm not sure what their long term plans are. They played Bloodstock in 2013 and were superb, much better than Dio's Disciples, just played songs from the first 3 albums.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:47 pm

One show in Italy next month is apparently their only date in Europe this year - before Bains death I think this was their only commitment this year anyway as Leppard were busy.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Surely some of these are likely given they're playing Brutal Assault -

Eyehategod
The Black Dahlia Murder
Exodus
Electric Wizard
Tesseract
Textures
Moonspell
Coroner
Neurosis
Whiplash

Wacken -

Red Fang
Vader
Metal Church
The Haunted
Girlschool
Gloryhammer
Equilibrium
Alcest
Unisonic

Summer Breeze -

Wolfheart
Cattle Decapitation
Winterstorm
Zodiac
Primordial
Moonsorrow
Swallow the Sun
Graveyard
Katatonia
Grand Magus
Blues Pills
Grailknights

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Is there really that much room left for most of those bands?

3 mainstage slots Friday, 2 Saturday and 1 on Sunday (assuming it's 9 again).

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:41 pm

metalicbear wrote:Surely some of these are likely given they're playing Brutal Assault -

Eyehategod
The Black Dahlia Murder
Exodus
Electric Wizard
Tesseract
Textures
Moonspell
Coroner
Neurosis
Whiplash

Wacken -

Red Fang
Vader
Metal Church
The Haunted
Girlschool
Gloryhammer
Equilibrium
Alcest
Unisonic

Summer Breeze -

Wolfheart
Cattle Decapitation
Winterstorm
Zodiac
Primordial
Moonsorrow
Swallow the Sun
Graveyard
Katatonia
Grand Magus
Blues Pills
Grailknights

Nope, most of these bands are too high a quality to be added to Bloodstock at this late stage. All the best cards have already been dealt. I hope I'm proved wrong though with some really strong bookings on the Sophie and few remaining mainstage slots.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:26 am

I am still hoping for couple more decent announcements like Metal Church or Coroner but I fear most of the booking budget for bigger names is long gone and the best slots filled up.

There are at least 8 bands that make it an excellent weekend but frankly i can see lots of time spent in the campsite as there are a number of bands I have no interest in.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I am still hoping for couple more decent announcements like Metal Church or Coroner but I fear most of the booking budget for bigger names is long gone and the best slots filled up.

There are at least 8 bands that make it an excellent weekend but frankly i can see lots of time spent in the campsite as there are a number of bands I have no interest in.

Yea I second that there's still plenty to make it worthwhile but I suspect I'll be a bit more social this year when the shite is on, past two years I have barely left the stages and run from stage to stage to catch all the great stuff thats been on. Except for last years headliners of course :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I am still hoping for couple more decent announcements like Metal Church or Coroner but I fear most of the booking budget for bigger names is long gone and the best slots filled up.

Even I think it's going to be more along the lines of budget bands left for the line up and I'm generally one of the more optimistic ones on here :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:34 pm

I still think we might see someone between Symphony X and Anthrax, and there must be some semi-decent sized bands to fill up all the slots on Saturday main. Plus, surely the likes of Krysthla won't make up the entirety of the Sophie. It's hard to think of anyone good touring that would block an announcement until now though, and I full expect all the Friday bands to come before Suck Mojo, so probably nothing great there.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Skippy wrote:I still think we might see someone between Symphony X and Anthrax, and there must be some semi-decent sized bands to fill up all the slots on Saturday main. Plus, surely the likes of Krysthla won't make up the entirety of the Sophie. It's hard to think of anyone good touring that would block an announcement until now though, and I full expect all the Friday bands to come before Suck Mojo, so probably nothing great there.

There are just enough Hell sized gaps that my fantasy for this year's festival might come true. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:07 am

If last year is anything to go on, we have 2 slots left on the friday, 2 on the saturday and 1 on the sunday. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm sure some decent bands could still be announced, the friday surely has its openers, and sat Cambion who ever they are must be an opener so maybe someone after them or before Fear Factory. I can see Exodus being booked and I'm thinking Nile too.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:22 am

Could see Arch Enemy above Symphony X actually, and others to add to possibilities are Abbath, Pain, Soilwork and loads more doing Summer Breeze!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Warlock wrote:If last year is anything to go on, we have 2 slots left on the friday, 2 on the saturday and 1 on the sunday. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm sure some decent bands could still be announced, the friday surely has its openers, and sat Cambion who ever they are must be an opener so maybe someone after them or before Fear Factory. I can see Exodus being booked and I'm thinking Nile too.

Don't go getting my hopes up now.

Skippy wrote:I still think we might see someone between Symphony X and Anthrax, and there must be some semi-decent sized bands to fill up all the slots on Saturday main. Plus, surely the likes of Krysthla won't make up the entirety of the Sophie. It's hard to think of anyone good touring that would block an announcement until now though, and I full expect all the Friday bands to come before Suck Mojo, so probably nothing great there.

Overkill were 3rd last year and Symphony X play the same size venues so I assumed X were 3rd :lol: