Bloodstock 2016 rumours

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Re: Bloodstock 2016 rumours

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:That's just crazy talk. :P

I remember Metal Hammer doing a retrospective on that night on their "great gigs of yesteryear" feature (or something along those lines) a couple of years back and Xentrix hardly got a mention.They were creaming themselves over Testament-but honestly-they were crap.
Horse London played that night-remember them?-very strange choice for that bill.
Sorry to go off topic.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:47 pm

I would still like to see Death Angel play BOA as it has been a good few years since I last saw them.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:21 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:That's just crazy talk. :P

I remember Metal Hammer doing a retrospective on that night on their "great gigs of yesteryear" feature (or something along those lines) a couple of years back and Xentrix hardly got a mention.They were creaming themselves over Testament-but honestly-they were crap.
Horse London played that night-remember them?-very strange choice for that bill.
Sorry to go off topic.

I'm sure I went to the equivalent gig in Manchester with someone missing, probably not Horse. Who I remember were more of an Almighty/Wildhearts type of band.

Not as strange as Mortal Sin playing with Faith No More to a mostly Metal crowd in Manchester. It was the headliners that seemed out of place. :lol:

And Chariot, who were more like Status Quo playing with Venom and Exodus. And later Manowar.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:25 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I would still like to see Death Angel play BOA as it has been a good few years since I last saw them.

They played in 2013 lol

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:35 pm

They were heavily rumoured for this year. Surprised it didn't happen to be honest as they were in the country at the time.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I would think that Sodom are probably one of the most typically old school Bloodstock bands around. :lol:

Testament were sub headliners last time and have previously headlined. I don't think their standing has dropped much.

I meant in that Sodom haven't played for awhile or regularly at BOA whereas say Exodus or Testament have.

I was just wondering as the festival seems to have tried to aim bigger in recent years since 2012.

Gandalf the Red wrote:They were heavily rumoured for this year. Surprised it didn't happen to be honest as they were in the country at the time.

BOA needed room for Raging Speedhorn instead :lol:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:I would still like to see Death Angel play BOA as it has been a good few years since I last saw them.

They played in 2013 lol

Sadly I wasn't there and last saw Death Angel in Glasgow in 2008!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Of all the big name thrash bands surely Sacred Reich are due a slot? They must be the only major one left to play now. I'd be ok with Testament (although they certainly didn't blow Anthrax off stage at the Hammy O in 1987!) but would rather have one of the big German thrash bands. Preferably all 4 of them :D

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Soze wrote:Of all the big name thrash bands surely Sacred Reich are due a slot? They must be the only major one left to play now. I'd be ok with Testament (although they certainly didn't blow Anthrax off stage at the Hammy O in 1987!) but would rather have one of the big German thrash bands. Preferably al 4 of them :D

I reckon they did. Anthrax were too busy playing all the chart crap and joke songs for my taste. :lol:

I've been expecting Sacred Reich for ages. Saw them twice in recent years and they were spot on both times. Even though they didn't play Death Squad at Wacken. :evillaff:

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Haven't Testament supported Judas Priest before?

I'd be happy with Priest headlining supported by Testament.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Bearstock wrote:Haven't Testament supported Judas Priest before?

I'd be happy with Priest headlining supported by Testament.

I could get behind that :yes:

though saying that Twisted Sister are supported by Behemoth so given that mix Priest could be supported by Korn or something :lol:

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Bearstock wrote:Haven't Testament supported Judas Priest before?

Yep - on the 'Priest Feast' a few years ago, which was a re-run of the Painkiller tour line up with Megadeth.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:00 am

Rumour has it Download didn't manage to get Richie Blackmore's Rainbow. Any hope at all BOA got him/them? I have a feeling if we get a one off UK show it's gonna be its own thing in London, but how amazing would it be?

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Rumour has it Download didn't manage to get Richie Blackmore's Rainbow. Any hope at all BOA got him/them? I have a feeling if we get a one off UK show it's gonna be its own thing in London, but how amazing would it be?

Would be so surprised if BOA got Blackmore but it would be brilliant. Only seen him once and that was Rainbow in 1976.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:16 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Would be so surprised if BOA got Blackmore but it would be brilliant.

Even my natural optimism can't overcome the fact that I doubt we'll get a UK show at all, and if we do, it almost certainly won't be at Bloodstock. You have no idea how much I want to be proved wrong about that, but I'm not holding my breath.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...