Bloodstock 2016 rumours

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Bloodstock 2016 rumours

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Rumour has it Download didn't manage to get Richie Blackmore's Rainbow. Any hope at all BOA got him/them? I have a feeling if we get a one off UK show it's gonna be its own thing in London, but how amazing would it be?

From what I've heard DL didn't want to meet their financial demands.

Tet wrote:
fluffkitten wrote:Would be so surprised if BOA got Blackmore but it would be brilliant.

Even my natural optimism can't overcome the fact that I doubt we'll get a UK show at all, and if we do, it almost certainly won't be at Bloodstock. You have no idea how much I want to be proved wrong about that, but I'm not holding my breath.

From what I've read Blackmore has said there will be Swedish, UK and German shows, so even if DL is out there may still be a UK show

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Didn't Blackmore say festivals only? If Download couldn't meet his financial demands I certainly can't see Bloodstock, High Voltage, Rambling Man etc. doing so. Could it have been that he wasn't offered a high enough slot?

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:24 pm

If it was money I don't see many festivals being able to afford him if Download can't.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Soze wrote:Didn't Blackmore say festivals only? If Download couldn't meet his financial demands I certainly can't see Bloodstock, High Voltage, Rambling Man etc. doing so. Could it have been that he wasn't offered a high enough slot?

Probably a situation similar to the Scorpions a few years back and Twisted Sister (apparently) couldn't justify the expense against the potential draw they would bring. No doubt Blackmore would shift a lot of tickets but to Download's demographic? That uncertainty against the probable cost may have ended that.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 am

He's gonna be one of the token classic acts at Glasto isn't he :(

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 am

Haldamir319 wrote:He's gonna be one of the token classic acts at Glasto isn't he :(

Could be, supposedly only festival dates during June of next year. Either that or he's taking the legends slot (which would be interesting). Now you've mentioned Glastonbury I want Lionel Ritchie to play BOA, would be great :lol: Gandalf and Soze can try and deny it but they'll be Dancing on the Ceiling along with everyone else :P

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:50 pm

houston4044 wrote:I want Lionel Ritchie to play BOA, would be great :lol: Gandalf and Soze can try and deny it but they'll be Dancing on the Ceiling along with everyone else :P

Emma B played "Dancing on the ceiling" in her DJ set in the VIP tent a few years back. It actually went down really well!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:48 pm

For some reason I assumed Emma B meant Emma Bunton :lol:

Not very metalz but it'd be fun as hell

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Oi - what sort of reputation I am developing in here?!! I've got quite a diverse taste in music, I actually thought Lionel Ritchie was blinding at Glastonbury last year, stumbled upon him on a channel hop and watched it till the end :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Nah. Always preferred Hobnobs to Rich Tea.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:42 am

fluffkitten wrote:If it was money I don't see many festivals being able to afford him if Download can't.

I imagine virtually all the festivals at Downloads size can AFFORD to book them, but promoters are just not going to be willing to offer a higher sum than their valuation suggests the band is worth, they're running a business after all.

You get it a lot with big bands (and with older fans sometimes) who have had success but have declined down the years, they can't accept that they're at the point they find themselves at in the modern day and still expect to be paid as much as when they were the hottest band around releasing gold albums and touring yearly.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Considering he's expecting to be playing a full back catalogue of material from the early Purple stuff onwards then I can't see it happening at an established festival unless that festival wants to give a band more than two hours to play with. More likely to be a one off in one of the bigger London venues.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Blackmore's UK date will be some sort of 1-2 day no camping Classic Rock Mag-sponsored job like Ramblin' Man Fair.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Also, for fun I threw together a dream/predicted setlist, ignoring certain things Blackmore personally dislikes (all of Down The Earth, "Pictures Of Home", most Deep Purple mk. II stuff etc.) and adding in a bit of time for breaks and extended solos. I think realistically you're talking at least 2 and a half hours to fit in just the bare minimum of both DP and Rainbow classics into one set.

I'm actually getting all tingly just thinking about Rising probably being played in full (minus maybe "Run With The Wolf" for time constraints) and that being less than half of his set :lol:
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I'm actually getting all tingly just thinking about Rising probably being played in full (minus maybe "Run With The Wolf" for time constraints) and that being less than half of his set :lol:

To be honest, he can skip the whole of side 1. If he plays "Stargazer" and "A light in the black", that'll do. FWIW, the shows are being billed as "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and guests".
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...