Bloodstock 2016 rumours

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Bloodstock 2016 rumours

Postby Tet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I'm actually getting all tingly just thinking about Rising probably being played in full (minus maybe "Run With The Wolf" for time constraints) and that being less than half of his set :lol:

To be honest, he can skip the whole of side 1. If he plays "Stargazer" and "A light in the black", that'll do. FWIW, the shows are being billed as "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and guests".
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Just been reading on Blackmore's web site that he is now only playing 3 dates, the 2 in Germany and 1 in the UK, but interestingly the name of the gigs has been changed from "festivals" to "shows". No previous members of the old line-ups either and a brand new singer described as a cross between Dio and Freddie Mercury.

Whilst I wish with all my heart he plays BOA, I am dreading him playing the already sold out Glastonbury or a one off arena date that sells out in seconds.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Tet wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I'm actually getting all tingly just thinking about Rising probably being played in full (minus maybe "Run With The Wolf" for time constraints) and that being less than half of his set :lol:

To be honest, he can skip the whole of side 1. If he plays "Stargazer" and "A light in the black", that'll do. FWIW, the shows are being billed as "Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and guests".

Nah they need those shorter punchy tracks to break up all the long songs with extended solos.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Come on, there's no way he's going to be playing Glastonbury! I'll eat my own ass if that happens.

Hobgoblin
Warrior of Metal

Postby Hobgoblin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:38 am

Blackmore has stated the Uk show is announced Nov 2nd. Bloodstock confirmed 3rd headliner announcement on twitter next month...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 am

Hobgoblin wrote:Blackmore has stated the Uk show is announced Nov 2nd. Bloodstock confirmed 3rd headliner announcement on twitter next month...

As much as I like BOA, the chances of them being able to get Blackmore are next to nothing. He's going to be wanted by so many people it's unlikely BOA could compete, if Judas Priest are too expensive then Blackmore is likely to be as well.

If Download, Sonisphere or Ramblin' Man don't get him then he'll probably end up doing Wembley arena.

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 am

Hobgoblin wrote:Blackmore has stated the Uk show is announced Nov 2nd. Bloodstock confirmed 3rd headliner announcement on twitter next month...

Realistically he wouldn't be a headline act, its a niche draw which I grant a lot of people would be interested but I don't see it shifting a vast amount of 3 day tickets. Would warrant a decent slot perhaps as a main support or third on the bill.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:28 am

zombieman wrote:

Realistically he wouldn't be a headline act, its a niche draw which I grant a lot of people would be interested but I don't see it shifting a vast amount of 3 day tickets. Would warrant a decent slot perhaps as a main support or third on the bill.

And Mastodon, Trivium, Within Temptation and Rob Zombie would?

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 am

jwh20 wrote:
zombieman wrote:

And Mastodon, Trivium, Within Temptation and Rob Zombie would?

Simple answer, yes.

Whilst they may not be bands that you like the reality is they will appeal more to the demographic of the typical 3 day festival punter that Bloodstock are looking for than Blackmore will

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:12 am

Blackmore will not play Bloodstock-he isn't "brootal" enough for the Facebook fucks so there is nothing to discuss.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:18 am

Not question whether I like them, I love within temptation, but as a band that tours all the time (as do the others mentioned) would they alone sell more tickets than Blackmore? I don't think they would. I'm fully aware that it's not going to happen, but it would still be quality.

Even a ninety minute set wouldn't be enough for him, let's be honest!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:36 pm

I think people are underestimating how big a draw Ritchie Blackmore's reputation as an artist is. If he was doing a full tour then it'll be large theatres and arenas rather than small academies. Ask the average fifty year old man in the street who Rainbow are and they would tell you.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I think people are underestimating how big a draw Ritchie Blackmore's reputation as an artist is. If he was doing a full tour then it'll be large theatres and arenas rather than small academies. Ask the average fifty year old man in the street who Rainbow are and they would tell you.

And you've hit the nail on the head as to why Blackmore wouldn't play Bloodstock. Whilst the average 50 year old on the street could tell you who Rainbow are and probably name plenty of songs, if you asked them if they'd be willing to spend £60+ on a day ticket for an outdoor festival full of bands they haven't heard of then they'd probably laugh at you. Rainbow/Deep Purple fans aren't the festival's demographic so no matter how big Blackmore's drawing power is for his own gigs, those people aren't gonna come to Bloodstock in large numbers.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:41 pm

We'll find out tomorrow as that's when Blackmore's announcing the dates. Although I doubt that it's BOA, Blackmore maybe a bit batty but I don't think he's going to make his return to rock at BOA :lol:

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:03 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I think people are underestimating how big a draw Ritchie Blackmore's reputation as an artist is. If he was doing a full tour then it'll be large theatres and arenas rather than small academies. Ask the average fifty year old man in the street who Rainbow are and they would tell you.

And you've hit the nail on the head as to why Blackmore wouldn't play Bloodstock. Whilst the average 50 year old on the street could tell you who Rainbow are and probably name plenty of songs, if you asked them if they'd be willing to spend £60+ on a day ticket for an outdoor festival full of bands they haven't heard of then they'd probably laugh at you. Rainbow/Deep Purple fans aren't the festival's demographic so no matter how big Blackmore's drawing power is for his own gigs, those people aren't gonna come to Bloodstock in large numbers.

I wouldn't have said they were that obscure to a modern audience - maybe the latter AOR albums with Joe Lynn Turner, but with Dio's re-introduction into the Metal sphere that had largely disowned him, the early albums would certainly be well known, and there was a few very recognised hit singles.

Same could be said of Twisted Sister, or Deep Purple when they played Wacken, but I would wager you're probably right as its a one off gig
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11