Recommended Songs/Videos by BoA 2016 Bands

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Recommended Songs/Videos by BoA 2016 Bands

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:55 am

I thought I might as well get this one going. Like last year, I have started putting together a YouTube playlist for next year's festival. You can check it out here.

Where possible, I aim to have two tracks per band. Bands are added as announced at the end of the playlist so it should be simple to keep up with where you are.

Playlist to date...

Venom - "Witching Hour" / "Black Metal"
Behemoth - "Messe Noir" / "Chant for Eschaton 2000"
Mastodon - "Blood and Thunder" / "Asleep in the Deep"
Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock" / "We're Not Gonna Take It"
DragonForce - "Through the fire and the Flames" / "Cry Thunder"
Paradise Lost - "No Hope in Sight" / "Say Just Words"
Rotting Christ - "χξϛ (666)" / "Noctis Era"
Gojira - "Explosia" / "Vacuity"
Anthrax - "Evil Twin" / "Caught in a Mosh"
Satyricon - "Mother North" / "King"

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Recommended Songs/Videos by BoA 2016 Bands

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

Is this songs you like, or songs they're gonna play?

I'll go with the former:

Rotting Christ - King Of A Stellar War
Satyricon - Walk The Path Of Sorrow
Behemoth - Decade Ov Therion
Dragonforce - Black Winter Night
Paradise Lost - Flesh From Bone
Twisted Sister - Burn In Hell

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Twisted Sister - Destroyer - especially for all those people who think they're 'not heavy' enough to play!
Behemoth - Christians To The Lions
Venom - Schizo
Gojira - Wisdom Comes
Paradise Lost - Eternal
Rotting Christ - Fateless
Anthrax - One World
Satyricon - Forhekset

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 am

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I've done this before...then went to Bloodstock hoping to catch all the bands I made a playlist for....wasn't possible.

This time I'm going to keep it simple. There'll be the list of bands I will definitely be going to see and then the maybes.

Venom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ1LCS9HoeE
Twisted Sister
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atqPcXvcr0
Slayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F29aFb0CuyU
Anthrax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzpRU347BDU
Satyricon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYCxBh1hwpg
Fear Factory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RJsRQOneMY
Paradise Lost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoy1UNRABQ8
Rotting Christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVaey6m0pU

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Green Man III wrote:went to Bloodstock hoping to catch all the bands I made a playlist for....wasn't possible.

That's mostly not true. It's hard work, but it's possible to see at least partial sets of every band. A couple of years ago, I made it through to mid-Saturday before missing a band and saw 101 over the weekend. The last couple of years I've been slacking, however, and I only saw 65 last year. Slev still tries to see every band, and generally sees around 100 each year. It's not for everyone, but it's part of the festival experience for me.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:02 am

Tet wrote:
Green Man III wrote:went to Bloodstock hoping to catch all the bands I made a playlist for....wasn't possible.

That's mostly not true. It's hard work, but it's possible to see at least partial sets of every band. A couple of years ago, I made it through to mid-Saturday before missing a band and saw 101 over the weekend. The last couple of years I've been slacking, however, and I only saw 65 last year. Slev still tries to see every band, and generally sees around 100 each year. It's not for everyone, but it's part of the festival experience for me.

So if you're enjoying a band you'd still leave halfway through to see another band just so you can see everyone? For the bands I really want to see, I'd always see their whole set, unless they're completely messing it up.

As far as the smaller bands go, I listen to them before the fest, then pick out a few to see when I go. In the past I've just got into the unsigned tent and watched as many as possible, but I've seen too many nondescript bands that way and find checking them out in advance and just picking a few is a better way.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 pm

No, generally I give bands 3 songs or so. If they've impressed me, I'll stick around for more of their set, potentially at the expense of missing out on someone else on another stage. I enjoy seeing new bands. But not so much that I'm prepared to miss out on a band putting on a great performance.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Saw every band at indoor one year, hard work, but cant imagine trying to cover 3/4 stages

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:40 am

You got me wrong, Tet. That's one thing I say when I describe Bloodstock to my friends...is that it's just the right size to go see 4 different bands before they're set is over.

My point was that with the buying food, going back to camp to drink more cider, getting distracted by the stalls, and whatever else....I'll get around to see most of the bands I planned to see but there would still be plenty I'd miss.

Not sure how I'll do this time, my third time around...but I figure the more Bloodstocks, the more experience with time management....(and drinking management).

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Green Man III wrote:You got me wrong, Tet. That's one thing I say when I describe Bloodstock to my friends...is that it's just the right size to go see 4 different bands before they're set is over.

My point was that with the buying food, going back to camp to drink more cider, getting distracted by the stalls, and whatever else....I'll get around to see most of the bands I planned to see but there would still be plenty I'd miss.

Not sure how I'll do this time, my third time around...but I figure the more Bloodstocks, the more experience with time management....(and drinking management).

I plan what bands I want to see before the festival with the timings sheet and then always end up catching a couple of others along the way. I generally watch all or most of the set from a band unless it was someone I was just checking out and have something else on my list. Would never bother just watching as many as possible for the sake of it!
The liqour wouldn't let me either, I spend the whole festival on booze control, let the liqour decide

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun May 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Can someone make some more recommendations? Looking for some cool videos by some of the many bands that have been announced.