Meet the team!

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Re: Meet the team!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 am

Perhaps if you ask S'tan nicely, there might be a way that said booker/s, m2tm people could be enticed to answer a few concise queries?

Again, don't quote me on this, just an idea from a fan who would also be interested in the answers. :yes:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:21 am

Now back to doing the 'mod' thing.

Website and forum issues/improvements

S'tan posted this & I thought it best to copy into here as well, just in case folk miss it. Please have a read & comment in that thread, if you have any sensible suggestions, so that we can keep this thread for other matters for now.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:58 pm

S'tan wrote:
i0th wrote::yes:

For a while this place has felt disregarded, hopefully this is a sign the forum's not going to just be left to die a well of self-pity following the march of Facefuck over everything.

Social media is great and has certainly made things more convenient for everybody as a way of getting information out there quickly but an unfortunate byproduct of that is the culture that now comes with it. Everything is hit and run, there is no real discussion just lists of statements that rarely exceed one or two sentences (or 140 characters!) and on a Facebook page like Bloodstocks for instance, there is over 100k 'fans' yet how many of those actually come to the festival?

Hit the nail right on the head there. Glad to see this thread and everything in it :)

One question to S'tan. You mentioned in another post that they have been paying attention and acting on it even if they haven't fed back to us afterwards. Was the Sophie stage headliners finally playing at the same time as the mainstage headliners partly (or more) as a result of the forum requesting it for about 2-3 years?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Can anyone tell me when we are going to get some power or folk metal bands announced or why there aren't going to be any this year?

S'tan
Dark Overlord

Postby S'tan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 am

Just wanted to say (to be fair a lot later then I should have!) that I deliberately took a step-back in this thread as I can't really answer subjectional opinions on lineups, genres and what they should/shouldn't be as that's very much down to the individual and there's no right or wrong arguments there!

As a brief aside to this, one thing I've always loved about metal is the diversity of it's soundscape and the fact you can have two metallers side by side at Bloodstock who don't have a single band in common! Some people love it all, some only like certain genres but we all basically like what we like and the metal crowd is therefore a very big brief to appeal to, from ultra-niche to mainstream appeal, there's a lot of ground to cover (and of course we all have our own opinions of what makes a 'Bloodstock' band.....)

Fingers crossed we'll be having a Q&A soon with the band booker where we can discuss the putting together of Bloodstock lineups year on year, get more of an insight into what goes on during the process and the hurdles that can be placed in front of us, and of course to make yourselves heard directly to the person responsible!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 am

I understand what your saying, but the whole lack of Power and Folk Metal thing isn't really a matter of taste or opinion, it's simply that it's not really catered for, saying this is can't be just opinion because I'm not even into those genres!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:00 pm

S'tan wrote:Well, the powers that be have decided that they wanted a bit of a 'shakeup' and some new life breathing into the forum and duly tasked me with the job of doing just that

Here we are, some 8 hours after today's band announcements and still nothing on the forum. If you want to breathe new life into it then stop treating it as a second class citizen. It's not hard. When you need to make an announcement, open a window on Facebook, one on the forum, one on Twitter, etc and make the announcement in all of them at the same time.

The forum doesn't exist in a vacuum. If announcements have been made elsewhere but not here, then that's where those announcements will be discussed. If this place is to exist as a place for people to discuss announcements (among other things) then it needs to have timely announcements. Otherwise the things that people would have said here have already been said elsewhere.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 am

Ooh I'm still logged in! It's been logging me out as soon as I'm on other tabs for more than a few minutes. Small but helpful progress :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:07 am

Danroush wrote:Ooh I'm still logged in! It's been logging me out as soon as I'm on other tabs for more than a few minutes. Small but helpful progress :)

Could you also post your bug, with some details, in the website and forum issue thread please. Others may be experiencing similar issues, or perhaps still some log in problems, so may be useful. Ta!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:19 am

Tet wrote:
S'tan wrote:Well, the powers that be have decided that they wanted a bit of a 'shakeup' and some new life breathing into the forum and duly tasked me with the job of doing just that

Here we are, some 8 hours after today's band announcements and still nothing on the forum. If you want to breathe new life into it then stop treating it as a second class citizen. It's not hard. When you need to make an announcement, open a window on Facebook, one on the forum, one on Twitter, etc and make the announcement in all of them at the same time.

The forum doesn't exist in a vacuum. If announcements have been made elsewhere but not here, then that's where those announcements will be discussed. If this place is to exist as a place for people to discuss announcements (among other things) then it needs to have timely announcements. Otherwise the things that people would have said here have already been said elsewhere.

Agreed! Also perhaps a few links, to show that discussion is available across all platforms, then at least people can make an informed choice. There are FB & Twitter feeds on the website, so why not link the forums on these other services.

They don't need to like everything that is being said, but they should accept that it will still be said & occasionally certain opinions could help in certain areas.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:08 am

If the powers that be truly want the forum to be the place that discusses announcements, why not post it here, then share the page via social media with a caption akin to "*Insert number here* bands added to the Bloodstock line-up - click here to find out who" ?

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:43 am

Can anyone tell us when any of the Bloodstock management are going to put in an appearance on this forum as promised?

S'tan
Dark Overlord

Postby S'tan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:42 am

phuqsticks, band booker Vicky Hungerford is about to do our first Q&A....

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Great that we have this platform to speak to yourself S'tan and some Q&A with other members of the BOA team.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 am

moved to "questions to Vicky Hungerford" thread
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!