The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
bloodblind
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 am

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby bloodblind » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:02 pm

I am so fuckin excited now, can't wait. Listening to loads of music at work and a lot of bands that are playing. I can almost taste my first beer on the Thursday night and my walk round the arena gazing at the mainstage being set up as I always do, dreaming of playing it one day and then off to check out the stalls and drink more, check out the Thursday bands, paarty, rinse and repeat next day. i love this festival, so many friends made there and will be great to see everyone again this year! Fingers crossed for a few extra gems to be added to the bill, really eager to hear the last announcement

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:52 pm

bloodblind wrote:I am so fuckin excited now, can't wait. Listening to loads of music at work and a lot of bands that are playing. I can almost taste my first beer on the Thursday night and my walk round the arena gazing at the mainstage being set up as I always do, dreaming of playing it one day and then off to check out the stalls and drink more, check out the Thursday bands, paarty, rinse and repeat next day. i love this festival, so many friends made there and will be great to see everyone again this year! Fingers crossed for a few extra gems to be added to the bill, really eager to hear the last announcement


I couldn't put it better myself!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby Green Man III » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:45 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:
bloodblind wrote:I am so fuckin excited now, can't wait. Listening to loads of music at work and a lot of bands that are playing. I can almost taste my first beer on the Thursday night and my walk round the arena gazing at the mainstage being set up as I always do, dreaming of playing it one day and then off to check out the stalls and drink more, check out the Thursday bands, paarty, rinse and repeat next day. i love this festival, so many friends made there and will be great to see everyone again this year! Fingers crossed for a few extra gems to be added to the bill, really eager to hear the last announcement


I couldn't put it better myself!


For myself, I would just change beer to cider and add British food and take away dreaming of playing the stage (I gave up on that dream decades ago - I'm happy enough to be just a fan).

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby tmcgoay » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:05 am

Green Man III wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:
bloodblind wrote:I am so fuckin excited now, can't wait. Listening to loads of music at work and a lot of bands that are playing. I can almost taste my first beer on the Thursday night and my walk round the arena gazing at the mainstage being set up as I always do, dreaming of playing it one day and then off to check out the stalls and drink more, check out the Thursday bands, paarty, rinse and repeat next day. i love this festival, so many friends made there and will be great to see everyone again this year! Fingers crossed for a few extra gems to be added to the bill, really eager to hear the last announcement


I couldn't put it better myself!


For myself, I would just change beer to cider and add British food and take away dreaming of playing the stage (I gave up on that dream decades ago - I'm happy enough to be just a fan).


my first beer won't be thursday night, most likely thursday midday
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:56 am

Currently in Boots buying my sun tan lotion and baby wipes! Time to get organised!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Currently in Boots buying my sun tan lotion and baby wipes! Time to get organised!


:woo:


That means it's going to rain. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Currently in Boots buying my sun tan lotion and baby wipes! Time to get organised!


:woo:


That means it's going to rain. :P


True but after the weather on the Saturday last year there is no way I am heading to BOA this year without sun tan lotion and a hat!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 pm
Location: South-East London

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby florencethemachine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:00 am

Me and Grutle from Enslaved had a bit of a bitch and a moan about the weather at Bloodstock last year when they played London a few months back. It was especially fucking hot. I think there was even one day a week or so after BOA15 where London was 37.5 Celsius!

I will adopt the British mentality in regards to the weather by complaining about it being either too hot, too cold or too grey.
Image

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 am

florencethemachine wrote:Me and Grutle from Enslaved had a bit of a bitch and a moan about the weather at Bloodstock last year when they played London a few months back. It was especially fucking hot. I think there was even one day a week or so after BOA15 where London was 37.5 Celsius!

I will adopt the British mentality in regards to the weather by complaining about it being either too hot, too cold or too grey.


Take an umbrella - protects you from the wet if it is raining and can act as a parasol if it's sunny. Win win.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Currently in Boots buying my sun tan lotion and baby wipes! Time to get organised!


Yup. :D Got myself my sun lotion and wipes, and finally picked up a trolley.

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:19 am

keera_envenomed wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:Me and Grutle from Enslaved had a bit of a bitch and a moan about the weather at Bloodstock last year when they played London a few months back. It was especially fucking hot. I think there was even one day a week or so after BOA15 where London was 37.5 Celsius!

I will adopt the British mentality in regards to the weather by complaining about it being either too hot, too cold or too grey.


Take an umbrella - protects you from the wet if it is raining and can act as a parasol if it's sunny. Win win.


Apart from the fact they are quite rightly banned from the arena. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:44 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:Me and Grutle from Enslaved had a bit of a bitch and a moan about the weather at Bloodstock last year when they played London a few months back. It was especially fucking hot. I think there was even one day a week or so after BOA15 where London was 37.5 Celsius!

I will adopt the British mentality in regards to the weather by complaining about it being either too hot, too cold or too grey.


Take an umbrella - protects you from the wet if it is raining and can act as a parasol if it's sunny. Win win.


Apart from the fact they are quite rightly banned from the arena. :P


Are they? I couldn't remember either way, so I've looked up the Event Info as well as the T&Cs for the tickets (the latter, for example, lists flags on poles as banned etc) but there isn't a single mention of umbrellas - whether relating to the campsite or the arena.
Image

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:10 am

I definitely took my umbrella into the arena to watch Emperor in 2014. Security searched my bag and clearly saw it in there and said nothing.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:24 am

I'm sure they weren't letting them in. Unless it was just the golf umbrellas getting refused entry. We did have a thread for it, but that's gone.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Official "Okay, Now I'm getting excited!" Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:38 am

IIRC it was just golf umbrellas, but I might be wrong.