2017 Headliner Predictions

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

i0th wrote:Never then. Considering their demands last time they'd want even more control for the last ever tour.


    To buy a bloodstock ticket you have to change your name by deed poll to Man 'O Warrior,
    Loin cloths are the only items of merch to be sold on site,
    Instead of video footage played on the main stage screens a countdown timer is put on until Manowar grace the stage,
    Any bands formed before Manowar must be referred to by the compere on stage as "hailing from the dark ages"
    Bands that are not Black Sabbath or Manowar must not be referred to as metal bands but "puny weaklings"

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby i0th » Wed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm

houston4044 wrote:
i0th wrote:Never then. Considering their demands last time they'd want even more control for the last ever tour.


    To buy a bloodstock ticket you have to change your name by deed poll to Man 'O Warrior,
    Loin cloths are the only items of merch to be sold on site,
    Instead of video footage played on the main stage screens a countdown timer is put on until Manowar grace the stage,
    Any bands formed before Manowar must be referred to by the compere on stage as "hailing from the dark ages"
    Bands that are not Black Sabbath or Manowar must not be referred to as metal bands but "puny weaklings"


I am happy with all of this :lol:
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Tet » Wed May 25, 2016 8:17 pm

i0th wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
    To buy a bloodstock ticket you have to change your name by deed poll to Man 'O Warrior,
    Loin cloths are the only items of merch to be sold on site,
    Instead of video footage played on the main stage screens a countdown timer is put on until Manowar grace the stage,
    Any bands formed before Manowar must be referred to by the compere on stage as "hailing from the dark ages"
    Bands that are not Black Sabbath or Manowar must not be referred to as metal bands but "puny weaklings"


I am happy with all of this :lol:

Yep, sounds pretty reasonable to me. Make it so!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu May 26, 2016 6:33 am

Sounds better than having to sit through a load of sludge and nu metal/rapcore pish!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 am

I imagine that if they even come over here they'll do their own show full of whizzbangery.

Plus, if they were to do any festival (and I think that's slim), Download are a more likely destination.
Image

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:19 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I imagine that if they even come over here they'll do their own show full of whizzbangery.

Plus, if they were to do any festival (and I think that's slim), Download are a more likely destination.


I would say it's vice versa and BOA is the more likely. If you look at DL they're very risk averse in terms of booking and considering how much of a cult band Manowar are here + the likley cost then I don't see DL doing it (plus I imagine they'd get a small 30 minute slot at DL anyway which I guess for an egocentric band wouldn't be acceptable).

BOA (probably) doesn't have the financial clout needed but at the same time it can give them a big slot they'd want even though it's to a smaller crowd overall.

Personally don't see them playing any UK fest, probably just a London date.

User avatar
Raven
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Slough! :)

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Raven » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:18 am

My predictions

Fri
Headliner : King diamond
Special guest : sabaton

Sat
Headliner : Nightwish
Special guest : ghost

Sun
Headliner : Judas Priest
Special guest : Saxon

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 am

Raven wrote:My predictions

Fri
Headliner : King diamond
Special guest : sabaton

Sat
Headliner : Nightwish
Special guest : ghost

Sun
Headliner : Judas Priest
Special guest : Saxon


Yes please!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Raven
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Slough! :)

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Raven » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:12 pm

It will probably be though...

Friday
korn
Evil scarecrow

Sat
Opeth
One minute silence

Sun
Killswitch engage
Sikth

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Friday
Headliner - Manowar
Guests - Ministry

Sat
Headliner - Judas Priest
Guests - Saxon

Sun
Headliner - Sabaton
Guests - Annihilator
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

JB65
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm
Location: Your mum's bum.

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby JB65 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Korn
Bullet for my Valentine
Parkway drive
Love Hate
BabyMetal
Steel Panther

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Love/hate, now there was a fun band back in the day.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:38 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Friday
Headliner - Manowar
Guests - Ministry

Sat
Headliner - Judas Priest
Guests - Saxon

Sun
Headliner - Sabaton
Guests - Annihilator


We'll be lumbered with pub bands the rest of the weekend with an upper card that big :o

User avatar
Blake_Porter
Denim Demon
Posts: 3211
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Blake_Porter » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Would love to see it, but Annihilator would never be big enough to SG the Main Stage.
Image

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Would love to see it, but Annihilator would never be big enough to SG the Main Stage.


Well I'd imagine that they'd have spent all of the budget on the other 5 bands so would save a few coins bumping Annihilator up :lol: