2017 Headliner Predictions

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm

(although I doubt it) unless Priest were on the fence about playing as they were unsure if DL or BOA were more appropriate for them and the twitter messages were a way of nudging Priest over the line for BOA.

keera_envenomed wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:According to Vicky's Twitter page the first headliner for 2017 has been booked!


And My Chemical Romance have hinted at a reunion next year. Coincidence?


If cradle were pelted with gobstoppers I dread to think what MCR would be pelted with :lol:

User avatar
HanowarTrueMetal
Lowly Peon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby HanowarTrueMetal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:06 am

Hanowar are going to return to English shores and headline the Saturday and Sunday, slaying all those who worship false metal. Alice Cooper can headline Friday.

For the glory of true metal!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 am

HanowarTrueMetal wrote:Hanowar are going to return to English shores and headline the Saturday and Sunday, slaying all those who worship false metal. Alice Cooper can headline Friday.

For the glory of true metal!

After seeing you mad bastards last time i'd be more than happy with that! :yes:

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby i0th » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 am

I'm not sure I could afford the ticket price for you headlining twice!
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby patrickransom » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Friday -

DREAM THEATER
Meshuggah
Arch Enemy

Saturday -

SABATON/AMON AMARTH
Morbid Angel

Sunday -

JUDAS PRIEST
Ghost
Testament

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm saving my predictions for the bingo. ;)
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:45 pm

patrickransom wrote:Friday -

DREAM THEATER
Meshuggah
Arch Enemy

Saturday -

SABATON/AMON AMARTH
Morbid Angel

Sunday -

JUDAS PRIEST
Ghost
Testament


Hopefully I'll be over the hangover from Friday night campsite drinking to enjoy the rest of the weekend :lol:

User avatar
Warlock
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 am

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Warlock » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:28 am

houston4044 wrote:
patrickransom wrote:Friday -

DREAM THEATER
Meshuggah
Arch Enemy

Saturday -

SABATON/AMON AMARTH
Morbid Angel

Sunday -

JUDAS PRIEST
Ghost
Testament


Hopefully I'll be over the hangover from Friday night campsite drinking to enjoy the rest of the weekend :lol:


Haha same, weak friday but strong sat and sun, can see it being something like this.
My predictions are - ffdp - Nightwish - Judas Priest (want to say them but like every year not sure if we'll ever get JP) can definately see Ghost either subbing or maybe headline the friday. Inflames too

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

I'm not certain Ghost will be here next year, part of me thinks they'll do Download to make up for dropping out this year. However I can see Ghost headlining BOA eventually.

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:40 pm

houston4044 wrote:I'm not certain Ghost will be here next year, part of me thinks they'll do Download to make up for dropping out this year. However I can see Ghost headlining BOA eventually.


Yup, I suspect this will be what happens.

So judging by their current trajectory, by 2018 Ghost will definitely be big enough to headline. By 2022 they will headline Glasto. By 2025 Papa will be secretary general of the UN. By 2029 Ghost will be Earths chosen representatives on the first intergalactic council. By 2033 they will have met the dude in the centre of the universe and won the game.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I'm not certain Ghost will be here next year, part of me thinks they'll do Download to make up for dropping out this year. However I can see Ghost headlining BOA eventually.


Yup, I suspect this will be what happens.

So judging by their current trajectory, by 2018 Ghost will definitely be big enough to headline. By 2022 they will headline Glasto. By 2025 Papa will be secretary general of the UN. By 2029 Ghost will be Earths chosen representatives on the first intergalactic council. By 2033 they will have met the dude in the centre of the universe and won the game.


Image

Not if he has anything to say about it.

Although I would like to see Ziltoid fight that Papa Erasmus or whatever his name is headline for the lol's

User avatar
Slev
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:38 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Slev » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:53 am

houston4044 wrote:Although I would like to see Ziltoid fight that Papa Erasmus or whatever his name is headline for the lol's


Now THERE's an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch I'l like to see!

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby Bizza » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Image

Apparently Emperor are playing Brutal Assault next year, that's a repeat booking I wouldn't mind.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby cheesemason » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 pm

20th anniversary tour of Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk would be amazing. Wouldnt surprise me if they skipped Bloodstock this time though and only did either a London date or not UK date at all, but I hope I'm wrong

User avatar
welshrune
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: 2017 Headliner Predictions

Postby welshrune » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:27 am

My prediction 2017 -

Friday headliner - Hell
Saturday - Some Devin Townsend event or Blind Guardian
Sunday - Hoping for Priest, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;-)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... ME.