How many more bands?

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm
Contact:

How many more bands?

Postby tmcgoay » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:51 pm

The organisers seem to have settled in recent years for 9 bands a day on the RJD stage, 10 a day on the SL plus 5 on thursday night. What genre(s) should the few remaining spaces be filled with?
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: How many more bands?

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Thrash, Industrial and death metal if I'm being selfish :lol:

With the image of the poster at DL (see Next announcement thread if you haven't seen it) does anyone else think there is a band above Stuck Mojo? I have no idea how big they are but 5th from top doesn't seem right to me

User avatar
Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 681
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Location: Devon

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Leemanruss » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:13 pm

houston4044 wrote:Thrash, Industrial and death metal if I'm being selfish :lol:

With the image of the poster at DL (see Next announcement thread if you haven't seen it) does anyone else think there is a band above Stuck Mojo? I have no idea how big they are but 5th from top doesn't seem right to me


I would be gobsmacked if they are higher than 3rd...
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: How many more bands?

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Leemanruss wrote:
I would be gobsmacked if they are higher than 3rd...


They will get a better reception than Twisted Sister that's for sure :P

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby tmcgoay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:06 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:
I would be gobsmacked if they are higher than 3rd...


They will get a better reception than Twisted Sister that's for sure :P

Really???? i'm not a massive fan of either but i'm pretty sure that twisted sister have had a bigger following over the years. I can only name one stuck mojo song
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: How many more bands?

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:13 pm

I bought my 2016 ticket on the strength of TS being announced. I've seen them before and they are superb live.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4992
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:50 pm

tmcgoay wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:
I would be gobsmacked if they are higher than 3rd...


They will get a better reception than Twisted Sister that's for sure :P

Really???? i'm not a massive fan of either but i'm pretty sure that twisted sister have had a bigger following over the years. I can only name one stuck mojo song


Image
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: How many more bands?

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

tmcgoay wrote: I can only name one stuck mojo song


That's one more than 99% of us on here could name

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby tmcgoay » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:55 pm

houston4044 wrote:
tmcgoay wrote: I can only name one stuck mojo song


That's one more than 99% of us on here could name

then again i can only name 2 twisted sister songs
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Turbo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:18 pm

Yeah and they're both shit.

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Soze » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:41 pm

tmcgoay wrote:then again i can only name 2 twisted sister songs


Probably the worst two. Check out the first couple of Twisted Sister albums, they're pretty kick ass heavy metal/rock'n'roll, much more than the cheesy commercial songs they're known for (not that I don't find that stuff good fun). Around 1982/3 they were as hard hitting as anything else that was about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjHy6cnAqto

Their biggest hit in the UK was actually I Am (I'm Me) from the second album.

User avatar
Green Man III
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Green Man III » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:03 am

Guy at HMV didn't know that Twisted Sister is metal. So many people only know those radio songs and have never heard Burn In Hell, Horror-Teria, or The Beast. Let alone Under The Blade, Destroyer, or Run For Your Life.

Twisted Sister is metal as fuck! And so many people out there need a proper introduction. This Bloodstock, they may get that.

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8810
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby Tet » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Soze wrote:Their biggest hit in the UK was actually I Am (I'm Me) from the second album.

Uhhhh... wow. It's always been one of my favourite of their tracks, but I didn't even know it had been released as a single, let alone been successful. I'd always assumed it was just another album track.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 5957
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby someone else » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Tet wrote:
Soze wrote:Their biggest hit in the UK was actually I Am (I'm Me) from the second album.

Uhhhh... wow. It's always been one of my favourite of their tracks, but I didn't even know it had been released as a single, let alone been successful. I'd always assumed it was just another album track.


They got on Top Of The Pops with that one
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:59 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: How many more bands?

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:34 pm

someone else wrote:
Tet wrote:
Soze wrote:Their biggest hit in the UK was actually I Am (I'm Me) from the second album.

Uhhhh... wow. It's always been one of my favourite of their tracks, but I didn't even know it had been released as a single, let alone been successful. I'd always assumed it was just another album track.


They got on Top Of The Pops with that one


Sure did. I remember seeing it when it was broadcast and its one of the things that got me into metal in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_0aQOxkLZI