How many more bands?

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: How many more bands?

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 am

houston4044 wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:They confirmed in the live Q&A thing they did on Facebook that there are indeed two more mainstage bands to be announced.

Part of me hopes that if ES are not opening then one of those tba is above Stuck Mojo as it looks very weak to have them so far the line up, but part of me (the realist) knows that it's going to be 2 bands below ES :(

Evil Scarecrow aren't opening, no. They confirmed that on the Q&A as well. So, we're probably looking at some of the pub bands to open.

fluffkitten wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Sorry if I'm missing something, but why would that stop them playing BOA?

Will depend on contracts and whether there is any exclusivity clause or not.

I see, I thought it might be that, but it's next year isn't it? Surely they wouldn't limit them on gigs this year? IDK.

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:01 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
tmcgoay wrote:i make it 3 more on the RJD stage and 6 more on the SL stage

How do you make it 3 more on the RJD stage? There's 9 bands on Sunday, 9 on Saturday and 7 on Friday, with 9 each day, there's only 2 left to be confirmed, both on Saturday.

Vicky said Evil Scarecrow aren't opening, so no doubt the first 2 bands on Friday will be a couple of zero profile pub bands like the first 2 on Saturday.

my apologies, i stand corrected. I'd like to hope for Alestorm and Tyr
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:06 pm

I can't see Alestorm being added at this stage. They were due to play at into the Grave on the same weekend and recently pulled out to continue work on their new album. They have been replaced by korpiklaani so maybe they could be an option.

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:I can't see Alestorm being added at this stage. They were due to play at into the Grave on the same weekend and recently pulled out to continue work on their new album. They have been replaced by korpiklaani so maybe they could be an option.

BOA 2010 Korpiklaani were great to watch, last time they were there they seemed a little uninspiring
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 am

tmcgoay wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Vicky said Evil Scarecrow aren't opening, so no doubt the first 2 bands on Friday will be a couple of zero profile pub bands like the first 2 on Saturday.

my apologies, i stand corrected. I'd like to hope for Alestorm and Tyr

I think the chances of them being well known/popular bands are pretty minimal, with at least one (maybe both) of the bands on before Evil Scarecrow, it's highly likely it's going to be a Cambion/Kill 2 This/Heart Of A Coward size band.

The line up really has fizzled out spectacularly, shame because it started so strong.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:26 am

tmcgoay wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:I can't see Alestorm being added at this stage. They were due to play at into the Grave on the same weekend and recently pulled out to continue work on their new album. They have been replaced by korpiklaani so maybe they could be an option.

BOA 2010 Korpiklaani were great to watch, last time they were there they seemed a little uninspiring

Korpiklaani were boring as fuck on their tour with Moonsorrow and last time they played BOA. Really don't fancy seeing them again. Moonsorrow on the other hand...
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 am

bloodfiend wrote:I think the chances of them being well known/popular bands are pretty minimal, with at least one (maybe both) of the bands on before Evil Scarecrow, it's highly likely it's going to be a Cambion/Kill 2 This/Heart Of A Coward size band.

Maybe they're waiting for Manhole or Defenestration to return their calls....
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:33 am

Moonsorrow's tour was a while ago, they're a crowd puller, if they were playing they'd have been announced by now. This close to the fest, the only main stage bands that will be announced are smaller ones with minimal fan bases.

This it looks like on the main stage on Friday, the middle 3 bands will be the horribly hninspiring trio of Misery Loves Co,Stuck Mojo and Corrosion Of Conformity...beers at the camp methinks.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:06 am

bloodfiend wrote:This it looks like on the main stage on Friday, the middle 3 bands will be the horribly hninspiring trio of Misery Loves Co,Stuck Mojo and Corrosion Of Conformity...beers at the camp methinks.

A huge chunk of Friday is utter dogshit for me. Hoping for someone at least decent!

Seems like Alestorm won't be happening if they're working on their album, which is a shame. Ah well.

I love me some Korpiklaani but A) seems too soon and B) they weren't so good last time. I was disappointed, as they blew my socks off back in 2010.

*edited for words

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:50 am

someone else wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:I think the chances of them being well known/popular bands are pretty minimal, with at least one (maybe both) of the bands on before Evil Scarecrow, it's highly likely it's going to be a Cambion/Kill 2 This/Heart Of A Coward size band.

Maybe they're waiting for Manhole or Defenestration to return their calls....

Don't be giving them any ideas.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:14 am

VizardAmata wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:This it looks like on the main stage on Friday, the middle 3 bands will be the horribly hninspiring trio of Misery Loves Co,Stuck Mojo and Corrosion Of Conformity...beers at the camp methinks.

A huge chunk of Friday is utter dogshit for me. Hoping for someone at least decent!

Same goes for all the days to be honest. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:

Basically on Saturday I'm fucking off to Lichfield to check the pubs out.
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:

:lol:

Saturday and Sunday are so much stronger... I barely have anything to watch on Friday in comparison. A lot of campsite time in my future!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:36 am

I don't know I think friday has the best top 3 but yeah the rest is very weak, the sat the quality seems a bit more spread out, same with sunday, although more towords the top and middle, Satyricon will be a big deal on the sunday!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:40 am

bloodofthekings wrote:If the announcement of Heart of a Coward is an indication of the level of bands that they have left to announce, then I just don't care any more.

Pretty much how I feel! But I guess HOAC are at least a bit more relevent than a few of the mainstage bands, they will probably appeal to those who like Unearth etc