Loners and newbies

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
*red*
Leather Rebel

Loners and newbies

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Ok so i started going to bloodstock in 2007..was going alone so decided to start the loner and newbie group...it went on for a few years but not sure if still going.
The idea was simple.
Turn up, meet a dedicate person at front of entrance then meet to camp. It helped me make many friends. Just a small camp of 12 to begin with tgen ended up in 40.
I am not doing it for the past few years due to working at deli kates.
Does anyone want to take it on or think it a good idea? Happy to help but can't do most of tge ferrying.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

S'tan
Dark Overlord

Re: Loners and newbies

Postby S'tan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 pm

This has always been a great idea and should definitely carry on, not that anyone is ever really on their own at Bloodstock! 'I'm not up to speed with things in this area but I have seen mention elsewhere on the forum about a Facebook group, admittedly I haven't seen it myself, but despite it's name I'm assuming it's still current....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171715506329753/

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:30 am

Someone has indeed taken it on since then. I've not seen him about on the forum for a while and don't know if he was going this year. It is, however, getting closer and is probably time to have the annual thread.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

EyesEternal
Lowly Peon

Postby EyesEternal » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey there everyone! Sorry for the late reply, not on these forums much these days as the loner FB group is growing well and we tend to do most of our discussions there!

The Loners & Newbies is still running, and growing by the day, I think it was Kane who ran it up until 2012, and since 2013 it's been myself (Cormac) and my Welsh buddy Lewis running it (although the group more a less runs itself)! We'll be welcoming all who want to join and making sure all the new crowd to Bloodstock learn what a great festival community this is, and make sure the loners have some buddies to party with!

Hop onto our Facebook and I'll add you straight away!

We'll start our discussions on where we are camping tonight probably! We'll have a special welcome for the Loners & Newbiews founder if you want to camp with us!

NEW PAGE EDIT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1023973434385777/ - New facebook group just set up! Join in the fun
Last edited by EyesEternal on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittikataklysm
Consort of the Beast

Postby kittikataklysm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:28 am

Hi, Kat here, veteran of the loner and newbie camp since 2010.

The group is still current and very active, we've had problems with facebook making the name change, but we're looking to start a new group without a date in a title so it can be used year after year. We're looking into the organisation of that and the camp as we speak.

I'll try to be on the forums regularly to help any loners and newbies and answer any questions they have about the camp.

I've been with the camp for several years now, helping with organisation. It's always been great fun, and we're welcoming to all, (our main rule is don't be a dick).
I know I'm biased since I help run the camp, but I've only heard good reviews about peoples experience with the camp, and many people return to our camp year after year.

The current plan in to camp in valhalla (subject to change, I'll keep you updated), we'll hopefully have a flag and gazebo so we're easy to find.

Feel free to PM me, I'll try to log in at least once a week, but our main group is on the facebook page.

Mark Chochol
Lowly Peon

Postby Mark Chochol » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Can anyone tell me where to meet for the loners camp, im on my own coming from Rochdale Greater Manchester, looking forward to meeting new people as well as head banging. Im a drunken old fool but very friendly.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Umm ok im the original founder of the group if people like kat say they are a veteran i started hin 2007. .so here's goes it started with me till 2005 then to kane ..then online so yeah facebook group online to keep up to date but only year by year.....I'm trying to re start it as most correspondence gone to old facebook. .dont worry mummy red the original sort this out xxxxxxx
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

kittikataklysm
Consort of the Beast

Postby kittikataklysm » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 pm

By veteran, I mean of the current people helping to run the camp currently, and who regularly camp with the loners and newbies, I've been here the longest, not that I was there from the start. Sorry if that was unclear. We all appreciate you setting up the camp all those years ago, I wouldn't have had such a good camping experience if it wasn't for you and Kane and all the others who helped run the camp back then. Cormac and some others have been regularly organising and running it for the last few years.

We're trying to get more organised currently, starting a new page without a date that can be used every year. Cormac is the main person in charge, and I'm trying to make sure all the info from the Facebook page gets onto the forum. As we do most of our organisation of the camp on facebook, we realised that we haven't been putting enough effort or information into the forum, as we don't use it often. I've been designated to regularly to post and update information and answer any questions people may have. Everything is already sorted, but if you wish to help, then we'd be happy for you to.

We are planning to group just outside the box office before the gates open on thursday morning. We have a flag (I'll post a picture of it when I have one), so we'll be spotted easily. We will camp in Valhalla, and phone numbers will be posted closer to the event so we can pick up lost loners and newbies. We'll also post a picture of where we plan to camp on the map closer to the event.

Kat

Edit: I edited some information for clarity and spelling mistakes.

Jacqui_Rose
Lowly Peon

Postby Jacqui_Rose » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm

I have been camping with Loners & Newbies for the past 3 years and they're all awesome, friendly people. There's a Loners & Newbies group on Facebook which is still very active, it just says "2014" because they can't change it after 500 members are reached. :)

EyesEternal
Lowly Peon

Postby EyesEternal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Hey everyone! We just set up a new page as we wanted to give the page a clearing up and stop any confusion about the 2014 name.

All aboard! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1023973434385777/

We'll be camping in Valhalla this year and with all luck you'll be able to see us from the que no problem!

kittikataklysm
Consort of the Beast

Postby kittikataklysm » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:48 pm

This is our flag, unfortunately it arrived on the friday of bloodstock last year so we couldn't use it, but we've got it for this year! Look out for it near the box office on the thursday before the gates open, or in Valhalla when we've set up camp.

We also have an affiliates link for anyone who's planning to camp with us.
http://affiliates.bloodstock.uk.com/affiliates/loners

Tommyg420
Lowly Peon

Postby Tommyg420 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Yeah look's like I will be on my own as well, People from my area going. I would prefer to make friends with randoms rather then pitch with those I hardly know. Message me your details / keep me updated.
Boy's are back in town!
Support your local Scene, Buy Unsigned Merch, T Shirts, Vinyl, CD, Posters, Tickets!

EyesEternal
Lowly Peon

Postby EyesEternal » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi everyone! Not even a week before Bloodstock opens up!! WHO'S PUMPED?!

Time to share our plan to the forum seeing how a few have been asking! We'll be meeting at the box office and starting to join the que together a little after 11am. We'll be setting up camp together in Valhalla (Where exactly will be determined on the day based on size and available space). We'll hopefully be able to set up a gazebo and flag pole so we can fly our flag up high for anyone trying to find us!

Below you'll find a link to a map on where we'll meet and which camp Valhalla is. Below is also a picture of our flag. We also have phone numbers of numerous of our campers available to anyone interested.

Please comment below or message me if you want these numbers as we don't want phone numbers on show on a public forum for obvious reasons.

Map - http://i.imgur.com/QD7eQJP.jpg
Camp Loner & Newbies flag - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 37485cf9f7

Please message me if you have any questions! LET'S ALL MAKE THIS A GREAT WEEKEND!

Coco
Lowly Peon

Postby Coco » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Shappenin Granny Shaggers!

I'll be in attendance again with my magnificent bollocks, apologizes for missing folk at download but the RAIN killed the party life in my camp, so didn't come looking for banter.

I'll be getting the Bus down from Glasgow on Thursday and will keep my eye out for the usual names and faces. I don't have facebook so forgive my lack of shitposts on the Loner Group.

Can't wait to see all you guys and catch up to the MASSIVE lineup that is this years Bloodstock. VENOM FFS :dibbley: