Anyone know the policy on water bottles / pouches?

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Kaliska
Lowly Peon

Anyone know the policy on water bottles / pouches?

Postby Kaliska » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what Bloodstock's policy on water pouches / bottles in the arena is? I've not been here before but most festivals I've been to recently have permitted Camelbacks / Platypuses and similar soft water containers to be brought into the arena so visitors can keep water with them at all times.

Does anyone who's been before know if Bloodstock permit this?

Thanks,

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Anyone know the policy on water bottles / pouches?

Postby i0th » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:30 am

T&Cs say:

"No bottles, cans, containers, alcohol or food will be allowed in to the Arena."

I've seen people with the camelbacks on though, as free drinking water is available inside the arena they might only let you in with them empty.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:54 am

I take water in every year. Occasionally they don't let you but what I tend to do is have a 500ml water bottle and take the lid off (usually put it in my back pocket) as they often don't like lids. Even if they make you empty the water out, there is a water point by Sophie tent when you get inside, fill it up there and pop the lid back on

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:17 am

With bottles, the lid can be added to make a projectile, which security get antsy about.

I have one of these babies:

I then fill it whenever I'm passing a water point, and when not in use, it just clips to me.

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:00 am

i0th wrote:T&Cs say:

"No bottles, cans, containers, alcohol or food will be allowed in to the Arena."

No food? Seriously? Fuck that.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:04 am

I've never had trouble taking an empty water bottle into the arena, and this year I have a folding cup which will fit nicely in my pocket.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:21 am

onona wrote:No food? Seriously? Fuck that.

That's how they can justify the pitch fees for arena food vendors, which keeps ticket prices down.

Realistically, it's only a problem for those of us who stay in hotels and thus can't just pop back to camp for a bite.

onona

Postby onona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:30 am

Slev wrote:That's how they can justify the pitch fees for arena food vendors, which keeps ticket prices down.

Realistically, it's only a problem for those of us who stay in hotels and thus can't just pop back to camp for a bite.

Not only that, but considering I work in the press, even simply making time to go and stand in a queue at a food stall is problematic. I generally get by on nuts and a sandwich brought in each day.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 am

This is one of those cases where they make a strong blanket rule that they don't have to be too rigid about enforing. A small snack isn't likeley to be a problem, as we've seen in previous years.

onona

Postby onona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 am

I actually don't recall ever having my bag searched when entering the press area before, come to think of it, so I am assuming this is either a new rule or simply not enforced for people who are actually working at the festival.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:13 am

It is enforced (seen one or two examples over the years), though not necessarily heavily. Like, I don't anyone would make you throw a sandwich in the bin if you're eating one inside the area. Merely that, if you happen to be one of the few they do the full bag checks to, and they find it, it wouldn't be allowed in.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:27 am

I think it's more a case of one of those rules that should have a tagline of "Don't take the piss".

I doubt they will start taking an unsealed water bottle, choccy bar or a packet of crisps off you. But if you turn up with a load of food and drink then they aren't going to let you in with it. I know someone who works security on an arena and you would be surprised at the amount of people that bring their own stuff like they are going for a packed lunch in the park, that includes picnic baskets and bottles of wine. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

onona

Postby onona » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:46 am

I guess I just have a problem with the principle of it. Why should people be forced to eat food from the vendors? To me, taking away that choice is unacceptable. With the exception of Delikate, in my opinion, festival food is absolutely fucking disgusting. I won't touch it. It's tasteless, unhealthy junk food, of dubious origin, at ridiculous premium rates.

I can understand the restriction of alcohol, because drinking booze isn't a necessity, but food is, and taking away a person's right to bring their own food onto the site is more than a bit draconian. This is the first festival I've heard of that bans it; whether or not that's enforced isn't even the issue, the fact that it's there in the FAQs is not okay. I'm honestly shocked that a festival would do that.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:54 am

You're not forced though, your wristband allows access in and out and back in to the arena so can go to the campsite and eat your own food if you choose. Thinking of festivals I've been to recently: BOA, Download, HRH & Hammerfest, Hardwick Live....none of them let you take your own food into the arena.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:08 pm

onona wrote:I guess I just have a problem with the principle of it. Why should people be forced to eat food from the vendors? To me, taking away that choice is unacceptable. With the exception of Delikate, in my opinion, festival food is absolutely fucking disgusting. I won't touch it. It's tasteless, unhealthy junk food, of dubious origin, at ridiculous premium rates.

I can understand the restriction of alcohol, because drinking booze isn't a necessity, but food is, and taking away a person's right to bring their own food onto the site is more than a bit draconian. This is the first festival I've heard of that bans it; whether or not that's enforced isn't even the issue, the fact that it's there in the FAQs is not okay. I'm honestly shocked that a festival would do that.

Seriously? You can't have attended many events as a punter then. I can't think of ANY that allows you to bring your own food or drink.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp