Bloodstock 2016 - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
OffColour
Lowly Peon

Re: Bloodstock 2016 - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Postby OffColour » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:27 pm

The Good
Great weather
First time I've enjoyed Slayer for a while, possibly because I didn't watch them two years ago and so I've had a rest. And I was drunk.
Acid Reign. H had too much energy for an old fella.
Clean toilets almost every time.
More tables by the bar.
Bigger Sophie tent
Sophie headliners being on after main stage ones. Fantastic.

The Bad
Probably the least interesting line up of recent years.
Time taken to get into the site. What's the point of feeling around the edges of a massive rucksack or packed trolley looking for glass bottles or gas cannisters? There was still plenty of glass on site because people a) lied and b) packed it in the middle of their stuff.
Just for the Friday afternoon, double the size of the entry way to get us all in quicker.
Gallops farm burgers. Awful. Truly bloody awful.
Forgetting my mattress
Slow bar service, absolutely no idea of who was next in line, still no list of ales so everyone repeatedly asking what was available.
Slept way too much and missed a lot of bands. Start the festival on Monday so I can spend three days catching up on sleep before it starts proper.

The Ugly
Going to bed at 3.30 on Sunday night and packing my tent up 4 hours later.

polakbrummie
Lowly Peon

Postby polakbrummie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 pm

The Good

* Deli Kate
* Weather
* Bands

The Bad

* Leaving

The Ugly

* Malibu

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:24 pm

There was 156 cases of Malibu there! 156! That was going to see me through to the weekend!

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Been putting this off for a while, but here goes.

Good;

The loos in Midgard were really well looked after, there was only one instance over the weekend where I had to do a 360 and pick a new one. IRC camp was the most fantastic experience, I'm so grateful that people kept an extra eye on me. Special thanks to real Joe, Hannah O, and Turbo. Also a massive thanks to ShowSec - I spent quite a lot of time walking around alone in the evenings, they made sure that everything was alright.
Gojira, dodgems, bin jousting, dangercan, my first ever beer bong, the Prince Albert(?) penis, and the jokes about Down Syndrome as well as Sophie Stage bands. Oh, and Ghost Bath "AAAARRH" chants. BOA 2016 was easily one of the best Bloodstocks so far, I am never giving up IRC camp for VIP again :D

Also want to give a special hurrah for the Crepe/Cookie/Coffee stand near the entrance to Midgard. I had a chat with the staff and they were absolutely fantastic. Independant from D&J, very professional staff (lovely girls, happy to chat), and fantastic crepes. They had strawberries ffs, FRESH ones. If you guys see this, I sincerely hope you come back next year. I want to try nutella and cream next! 10/10.

BAD;

My arrival on the Thursday was a bit shit. Hannah O came to the rescue, thank fuck. She helped me get settled in IRC. The cider I bought in B&M. 3 Hammers, 6 litres of the shit. I am never doing that again. Uncle Gio's. I know a lot of people love them, but I'm sorry, pizza pockets shouldn't be a thing.

Ugly;

Can't think of a single thing for now.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Ah... sounds like the IRC camp was a blast. I really need to find you guys next year, sounds like I missed out.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:18 am

fluffymoo wrote:3 Hammers, 6 litres of the shit. I am never doing that again.

And you didn't even finish it :P

It's still there Moo... calling for you...

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:19 am

Jobdone wrote:
fluffymoo wrote:3 Hammers, 6 litres of the shit. I am never doing that again.

And you didn't even finish it :P

It's still there Moo... calling for you...

I'm just imagining an empty field with a solitary bottle of half finished cider still sitting there :lol:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:16 am

Good:

Twisted Sister encore starting with Come Out And Play.
Singing Bohemium Rhapsody badly while drunk on the Thursday night with my friends.
Having my own chair to sit on for a change.
Venom!
Already mentioned in my own thread but: Fear Factory and Sanguine.
Other bands I'll probably mention in another thread.

The Bad:

Trying to keep my fur glued on, getting mistaken for a wookie, and then getting shown up by an full blown Chewbacca.
The total massacre of a Twisted Sister song being chanted obsessively from Friday on by people who weren't even decided on what the new lyrics should be.
Overhearing someone complaining about the "Noisy American". I'm fucking Canadian, Mr. Scottish Irish Welsh North East South and West Englander!

The Ugly:

The older dude that punched the crowdsurfing kid in the face because he got "kicked in the head three times". That's what happens when you want to be at the front at a metal show. I'm glad I told him off for it, however politely, though.

There's likely more. I'll edit when I remember it.
Last edited by Green Man III on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:21 am

Oops.