Denim Demon

Re: BOA 2016 rate the bands you saw

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 am

So a quick bit of geekery later, my average band ratings for each day were:

4.2 - Thu
5.8 - Fri
4.5 - Sat
6.1 - Sun

So yeah, Saturday was pretty abysmal for me.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 pm

I've just done mine:

Thu - 7.66
Fri - 7.71
Sat - 7.50
Sun - 7.63

A pretty good year for me to say the least.

EDIT: I know this goes against what I said a few posts up, but I did actually enjoy Saturday the most. Maybe it's just how the bands were spread out, I dunno?

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Saturday was weakest or me as well.

A lot of this was due to timing. I actually had a really busy morning/afternoon but had nothing past 6pm

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 am

Didn't see as many bands as planned as I didn't feel great over the weekend.

Thursday:
Phil campbell - 8 - good fun and perfect for the Thursday night, Dee Snider making an appearance was a total bonus.

Friday:
Hark - 7
Gloryhammer - 8 - cheesy as hell, great fun and I would love to see them again. I never thought I would be standing in a field in Derbyshire singing songs about unicorns invading Dundee!
Evil Scarecrow - 7 - first time I had seen them, entertaining but having seen them I'm not too bothered about seeing them
Misery loves co. - 3 - pish
CoC - 7 - great setlist and a good performance when you allow for borrowed equipment and a stand in drummer. Pity they dragged out clean My Wounds the way they did and ruined it.
Venom - 6 A lot better than expected but I would prefer more old songs and the original line up
Behemoth - 9 absolutely stunning. My first time seeing them and it won't be my last.
Twister Sister - 9 - one of the bands of the weekend for me, great way to sign off and a brilliant set and show.

Saturday:
Fear factory - 6. Started okay but gave up after Body Hammer. Burton C Bell's voice is really going now.
Paradise lost - 7 - gloomy gothic fun but I still want gothic bands to play in the tent - a sunny evening just isn't the right setting!

Sunday:
Metal allegience - 3 - dreadful, no chemistry and poor cover versions. A waste of a festival slot
Anthrax - 9 - great sound and a wonderful atmospheric performance. Truly brilliant and roll on their next UK tour.
Slayer - 7 - sound wasn't great from where I was standing and there seemed to be no real passion. Great setlist but it was a paint by numbers set for me and I can't see them going on much longer.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:19 pm

pinhead0303 wrote: overall the Saturday was horrendous.

I thought I'd think the same but no way. Akercocke and Rotting Christ were totally enjoyable and Fear Factory totally made Saturday worth it. After that I unfortunately collapsed for a bit and missed One Machine and Paradise Lost.

Luckily I was able to pull myself back together to catch some of Mastodon which was alright.

But yeah, the highlight was certainly Fear Factory.