BOA 2016 rate the bands you saw

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: BOA 2016 rate the bands you saw

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 am

VizardAmata wrote:
pinhead0303 wrote: overall the Saturday was horrendous.

Disagree, Friday was the absolute worst. Never before have I had a three hour gap with NOTHING to watch. Saturday was much stronger, but Sunday was easily the strongest. Just saying it's all about perspective, IMO Saturday was decent and Friday was dogshit.

Heh, I found Saturday the strongest and Sunday the weakest. as you say, it's all down to perspective.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 am

So a quick bit of geekery later, my average band ratings for each day were:

4.2 - Thu
5.8 - Fri
4.5 - Sat
6.1 - Sun

So yeah, Saturday was pretty abysmal for me.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 pm

I've just done mine:

Thu - 7.66
Fri - 7.71
Sat - 7.50
Sun - 7.63

A pretty good year for me to say the least.

EDIT: I know this goes against what I said a few posts up, but I did actually enjoy Saturday the most. Maybe it's just how the bands were spread out, I dunno?

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Saturday was weakest or me as well.

A lot of this was due to timing. I actually had a really busy morning/afternoon but had nothing past 6pm

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 am

Didn't see as many bands as planned as I didn't feel great over the weekend.

Thursday:
Phil campbell - 8 - good fun and perfect for the Thursday night, Dee Snider making an appearance was a total bonus.

Friday:
Hark - 7
Gloryhammer - 8 - cheesy as hell, great fun and I would love to see them again. I never thought I would be standing in a field in Derbyshire singing songs about unicorns invading Dundee!
Evil Scarecrow - 7 - first time I had seen them, entertaining but having seen them I'm not too bothered about seeing them
Misery loves co. - 3 - pish
CoC - 7 - great setlist and a good performance when you allow for borrowed equipment and a stand in drummer. Pity they dragged out clean My Wounds the way they did and ruined it.
Venom - 6 A lot better than expected but I would prefer more old songs and the original line up
Behemoth - 9 absolutely stunning. My first time seeing them and it won't be my last.
Twister Sister - 9 - one of the bands of the weekend for me, great way to sign off and a brilliant set and show.

Saturday:
Fear factory - 6. Started okay but gave up after Body Hammer. Burton C Bell's voice is really going now.
Paradise lost - 7 - gloomy gothic fun but I still want gothic bands to play in the tent - a sunny evening just isn't the right setting!

Sunday:
Metal allegience - 3 - dreadful, no chemistry and poor cover versions. A waste of a festival slot
Anthrax - 9 - great sound and a wonderful atmospheric performance. Truly brilliant and roll on their next UK tour.
Slayer - 7 - sound wasn't great from where I was standing and there seemed to be no real passion. Great setlist but it was a paint by numbers set for me and I can't see them going on much longer.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:19 pm

pinhead0303 wrote: overall the Saturday was horrendous.

I thought I'd think the same but no way. Akercocke and Rotting Christ were totally enjoyable and Fear Factory totally made Saturday worth it. After that I unfortunately collapsed for a bit and missed One Machine and Paradise Lost.

Luckily I was able to pull myself back together to catch some of Mastodon which was alright.

But yeah, the highlight was certainly Fear Factory.